Am I alone in thinking Barkley went to best team possible?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
for him? Solid playmakers around him. Chance to take the starting job. Decent enough defense. Damn for going 4th round he really got lucky. While I hate the Eagles I can't help but want Barkley to play well and prove the doubters wrong.

Chapman

Reaction score
I agree, I hope he can break the USC streak of producing under achieving NFL caliber quarterbacks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chip puts his players in the best position for them to succeed. Will definatly be interesting to see how this develops.

drdiags

Reaction score
It is a good landing spot for him, since I cannot see the Eagles re-signing Vick after his 1 yr deal is up. So it will come down to Noles or Barkley next season or even this one.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Barkley is lucky to be with a coach who will empower him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I still think he can be a franchise qb. His draft stock fell so any team that grabbed him where he was would still be getting great value for him. He's entering a team in transition that doesn't necessarily need him to play this year, but isn't stuck behind a QB that is going to play forever. If hes as good as he was projected as a Junior, he's in a great position to learn the NFL game and be ready when the time comes. If not, the Eagles only lost a 4th rd pick.

Vikings may have been a good falling spot as well. Only have ponder under contract for 2 more years, but enough of a team to build around with few good years of drafting. Maybe Jacksonville as well.

Bills took their QB earlier, as did the Jets.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
For a rookie, going to a patient team where the coaching staff should be intact for the next few years and the OC is guaranteed to not change is ideal. Geno Smith went to a bad situation, he could have a new staff next year. The Raiders are no bueno. Buffalo, same deal, the GM is on the hot seat. Philly was the best possible environment.

I think Barkley will be the QB by sometime this year.

mikeak

Reaction score
Nick Foles and Varkley can play the qb position in the same system with the same personnel. Unless Vick transplants in a brain and adds hardworking he cannot

Interesting that Chip said they had Barkley as a top 50player. Clearly not a need or they would have taken him in the third round.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would have said Vikings or possibly the Cheifs as well. We will see if Smith reverts to Pick um Smith form this season.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am still not sold on him. Pocket awareness , so-so arm. He reminds me a lot of Sanchez.
I do think it is a good fit. His top end I think could be a Hass like QB.

Latest posts