Does anyone dislike Mayock?

Basis4day

Reaction score
For every single analyst/commentator in sports, there is always someone who can't stand them.

Whether it's Kiper, McShay, Gruden, Costas take your pick. There are people who like them, and people who can't stand them.

But does anyone honestly dislike Mike Mayock? Pretty sure i'm not alone in my respect for the man, and maybe his "GET OFF ME" call from the Beastquake game has blinded me to his faults.

Is there anything wrong with Mayock?

razgriz737

Reaction score
I also really like Mayock.

Costas is the one guy I can't stand. I just get this vibe that he thinks he's the coolest man alive. He just irks me, haha.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Loved Mayock since he first came on the scene a few years ago. Always says the right thing, and when he guesses wrong (which is not too often) he admits he was wrong and takes responsibility for it without excuse.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Love Mayock. In fact I was watching the draft with a friend who has no draft knowledge (doesn't follow) and he pointed to mayock on screen and asked, "who is that guy? on the right? I like that dude."

He just a genuinely likable person. Old Bellichek is even a fan.

MrCarey

Reaction score
When Bellichick likes you enough to actually enjoy doing an interview with you, you're doing something right. Love the guy.

penihawk

Reaction score
Mayock is the best media talent evaluator period. On top of that he presents the information in a professional manner whether it be positive or negative. If Mayock had a stroke on the set and couldn't even speak he would still be better than that ass hat Kiper. I don't even turn ESPN on anymore because I can't stand to look at or listen to Kiper.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't like him as much as everyone else does. He has turned into somewhat of a know it all. Most draft nics are. While he maybe one of the better talent evaluators out there I think some call him the best because that's what they hear everyone else say. To casual fans at least, there are really only 3 super recognizable "draft experts" and Kiper and McShay are idiots. I think where Mayock makes himself come off as easier to like he is rarely ultra critical. He doesn't come unglued after a pick the way Kiper does. When doing evaluation he will say " he needs to do this better." Kiper says " he can't do this."

Throwdown

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":19xjk4y9 said:
I don't like him as much as everyone else does. He has turned into somewhat of a know it all. Most draft nics are. While he maybe one of the better talent evaluators out there I think some call him the best because that's what they hear everyone else say. To casual fans at least, there are really only 3 super recognizable "draft experts" and Kiper and McShay are idiots. I think where Mayock makes himself come off as easier to like he is rarely ultra critical. He doesn't come unglued after a pick the way Kiper does. When doing evaluation he will say " he needs to do this better." Kiper says " he can't do this."

You're right, his approach is lot more palatable, than Kipers. McShay while at times is a douche, he's not always one.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't dislike him but i'd rather watch kiper and Mcshay. They all have knowledge, but the ESPN guys are far more entertaining, imo.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mpx49i2j said:
I don't dislike him but i'd rather watch kiper and Mcshay. They all have knowledge, but the ESPN guys are far more entertaining, imo.

For the first 2 days ESPN was a lot better, NFLN wanted to spend all day 2 yacking about Geno Smith & Manti Te'o

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Mayock as a pure draft analyst is great. However, I think as a TV presence he is pretty awful. He ALWAYS TALKS LIKE THIS, and often times gets a bit too heated/hard-headed with other analysts, making it pretty awkward to watch.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I love Mayock. He's a breath of fresh air for me.

He's done his homework and he's straight forward.

He's also a no BS kind of guy who can also laugh at himself.

I find him knowledgeable and entertaining.

Latest posts