Rams look to be a factor this year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
They've made some good moves and I think their 2nd year RB is ready to take over for Jackson. The acquisition of Austin - along with was it 4 other WR's? - should bolster their passing game. Bradford was a very good QB behind a very bad oline and it took its toll on him. But with an upgraded oline, good WR's and a defense that will keep them in games, they will be a threat this season.

Everyone knows the Hawks and Niners are the two to beat, but given the Rams rapid rise, their good coaching and looking at their schedule, I see a team that could easily go 10-6.

NFC West is starting to remind me of the AFC West of the 80's.

rlkats

Reaction score
I agree that d line in scary good. If that o pops watch out.

penihawk

Reaction score
They were a scary,well coached team last year. I like the WV wr's but it takes time for spread offense rookies to catch on to the nfl game and this is a make or break year for Bradford imo. If development and the injury bug visits us and the 49ers more often they could be sittin on top at the end wondering what was all the hype around Sea & SF. It's gonna be a year like no other imo. Snug up the chinstraps boys!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I suspect the Rams will be right there with us next season (after they move their 2 first round picks and take bridgewater).

chris98251

Reaction score
AFC Central type situation when Pittsburgh, Cleveland and the Bengals were all good or now with the Ravens supplementing the Browns or are the old Browns I guess. Physical, defensive bullies that have aggressive offense. Much like those situations health is going to determine a lot since between all of us we play 8 brutal games in the division now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think the Rams will finish 2nd in the division, right behind the Seahawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd love it for the 49ers to get 11 wins, and miss out on the playoffs. Seahawks 13-3, Rams 11-5 wild card, and the other wild card from the NFC South division.

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
I think the Rams are still a year or two out from really being a threat. They're definitely not a team to sleep on, but losing Gibson and Amendola is definitely going to hurt. Austin will be good but he'll need some time to adjust to playing at the next level. Jared Cook is scary, but all you hear about year after year is his potential that he never lives up to. I think it will take some time for Bradford and Cook to find a solid rapport even if he does live up to the potential we have yet to see him deliver. Their D is going to be good, but I still think its some time before the offense will click and really be a major contender in the west.

vanillasuede

Reaction score
While everyone is betting 9 to 1, 7 to 1 etc on Sea and SF to win Super Bowl I got the Rams at 75 to 1. All they have to do is make the playoffs and I win off of hedges alone. Rams 4-1-1 last year in division and could have easily been 6-0.

The WR position has been substantially upgraded and their defense is awesome. That OLB Ogletree they got in the 1st round eats RBs for breakfast as he attacks and pounds on them. Kapernick and Wilson will not have the success they had last year running around against the Rams. Chris Long ate the Seahawks alive last year.

They added depth to the RB position with a very good 1 cut runner/screen catcher and the upgraded their secondary with safety McDonald.

The big prize was getting 2 WRs that will have no problem getting open in the NFL and will easily exploit tall CBs like Richard Sherman who will not be able to cover them as they are too quick at cutting and too fast. This will make their long WRs much more valuable. Look for Brian Quick to have a big year for them.

The Rams should win at least 10 games this year and make the playoffs.

Largent80

Reaction score
Everyone knows rookie WR's rarely have a first season where they "get it".

In the near future they will be a major pain in the ass.

hawker84

Reaction score
things just got real in the NFCW... very little room for error.. and i'm not taking my eye off Arizona either, until they're a good 4 games back.. Rams and Niners games will be extremely hard fought battles, and well earned if we come out victorious...

rlkats

Reaction score
Any team that takes it will earn it. Tough season ahead and good luck to you all. Im not really looking forward to facing any NFCW teams

RedAlice

Reaction score
JSeahawks":9l9clrmo said:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB that's a good thing for the rest of the nfc west.

You sound like a Rams' fan.

I think Bradford will be surprising this season. He's as much of an unknown as Austin is right now.

I'm curious to see what Shotty does. This new cast of players has potential that might be outside of him. We will see.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.

hawker84

Reaction score
And gained a reciever in the draft who has more talent than either of those players, not to mention a monster tight end... i think you are grossly underestimating the Rams, which is suprising to me, seein how the niners couldn't beat them last year...

RedAlice

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ph56twyh said:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.

The Rams were mediocre last season. They were smashed by the good teams. Destroyed even. Not to mention the Jets game.

But, wait. Your team could not beat them. That says way more about your team than it does about a young team rebuilding.

2013 Rams are a young hot soup of a mess of talent. Coss a toin for who they beat. But if it's you, it will be your fault.

themunn

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3s697wen said:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB that's a good thing for the rest of the nfc west.

He doesn't have Calvin but I see no reason to believe Bradford can't be as capable (not necessarily as productive) as 2011 Matt Stafford with the right tools around him.

4000 30/15 is not outside of his reach this year IMO

RedAlice

Reaction score
themunn":3811tsb0 said:
JSeahawks":3811tsb0 said:

He doesn't have Calvin but I see no reason to believe Bradford can't be as capable (not necessarily as productive) as 2011 Matt Stafford with the right tools around him.

4000 30/15 is not outside of his reach this year IMO

Bradford will be good this year. Slowly. Maybe even painfully slowly.

But he will.

Thankfully I just posted that comment on a Hawk board, so I won't be tarred and feathered.

Happy

Reaction score
I was a big believer in bradford coming out of college, but now I wonder if he's damaged goods. I see him as game manager+ at this point, more bridge than furure.