ATL Best Secondary?

hawker84

Reaction score
According to this, Drafting Desmond Trufant has many ATL fans believing they have the best secondary in the League, despite what Seattle and Tampa Bay have done in the off season, not to mention Arizona's pretty solid.. i find it a bit optimistic to think that a rookie is going to come in and elevate their secondary to the elite level, but stranger things have happend... thoughts?

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/ ... is-season/

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let them salivate. We'll show them what's what this season. Maybe even twice, depending on how the playoff seeding goes.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am not that high in Desmond. He has excellent speed , but he will be going against some big tall physical receivers. Watch some film of his open field tacking. He may turn out to be a excellent DB, but I am not sold his game will translate all that well to the NFL overnight.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This isn't even worth discussing. If you actually read through the thread, most of their own fans think it's a ridiculous notion.

Subzero717

Reaction score
DavidSeven":30bf1jd6 said:
This isn't even worth discussing. If you actually read through the thread, most of their own fans think it's a ridiculous notion.

This.

I will say though I think Tampa has accumulated a very nice secondary too. I don't think its Seattles though. I am a homer too.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wow I saw at least two people say the Cards have a better secondary than us...HAHA

kearly

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Chicago fans. Their secondary is amazing, and it's almost never in the discussion somehow.

themunn

Reaction score
I love how they completely discount us because Matt Ryan went 24-35 for 250 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs at home, but rookie Russell Wilson going 24-36 for 385 yards, 2 TDs and an INT on the Hail Mary pass at the last play of the game doesn't affect how they perceive their own secondary.

Because they added Desmond Trufant

LOOOOOOLZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Subzero717

Reaction score
kearly":34mpcwxb said:
I feel sorry for Chicago fans. Their secondary is amazing, and it's almost never in the discussion somehow.

At corner both made the pro bowl so its hard to say they don't get recognition. I think the safety position affects the over all evaluation of their secondary. I also don't think they care. I'm sure their boards say their better.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
chicago's secondary is better than ATL, Cards secondary better than ATL, Tampa's secondary Better than ATL, Seattle's secondary better overall than all of them.... Heck i wouldn't even put their secondary over SF...

Hawks!!!!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Didn't really see anybody calling them the best secondary. Even the OP said
"Around here." Which I don't know ATL well enough to judge if it's their best or not...but they did have Neon back there for awhile

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I think the Falcons have the best secondary in the state of Atlanta.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That's pretty funny, Jester; because Atlanta's not a state, and there's only one NFL team in or near Atlanta!

*This Pehawk special has been brought to you by TrolandDeschain.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Well in addition to having the best secondary, here's another little gem....

Apparently they feel they have the most loaded offensive team in the league as well.. Where i would say they definitely have a strong offense, i would not rank them #1. What's even more curious is some of the teams they have listed in the poll is head scratching to say the least..

Note: Seattle or SF is not in the poll, but CINCI and Dallas are, Huh?

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/ ... l-goes-to/

Latest posts