NY Giants sign Aaron Curry...

kidhawk

Reaction score
damn you for beating me to the punch by 30 seconds :lol: ....guess I better go delete mine

As I said in my thread....Looks like the Giants just got a little more beatable :mrgreen:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Got a new nickname for Curry: The Dingleberry. Somehow, he manages to hang on somewhere.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Aaron Curry is a fascinating study of how long a supremely athletic individual can last in the NFL without any kind of positive body-of-work. Awesome athlete, awful football player.

pehawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":36amo5sq said:
Aaron Curry is a fascinating study of how long a supremely athletic individual can last in the NFL without any kind of positive body-of-work. Awesome athlete, awful football player.

He's not around anymore, but we had a member named "Rotak", one of those self-appointed draft experts, who proclaimed Aaron Curry to be the next, BETTER Lawrence Taylor.

Wow, what an idiot that guy was.

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":1p70m25a said:
Snohomie":1p70m25a said:

He's not around anymore, but we had a member named "Rotak", one of those self-appointed draft experts, who proclaimed Aaron Curry to be the next, BETTER Lawrence Taylor.

Wow, what an idiot that guy was.

Must be this guy from the comments to the article

"Curry was great as a Seahawk. The only reason I think he was traded was an attitude issue. If he learns his lesson, Giants got a steal of a deal. Seattle/Oakland paid him $34m, and now Giants got him for less than $1m a year.

As a Seattle fan I was shocked with he was traded – he was a great player."

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol God the man is stupid as hell, can you imagine Coughlin going hot head on him???

Largent80

Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Maybe if he'd put down the Bible and Alex Jones' videos, he may learn something.

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
C'mon guys, he was the most NFL ready player in the 2009 draft!

Curry is the reason I remind myself to trust Carrol and Schneider and not what Kiper and McShay have to say.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Hey Hawk Fans,

I remember during the '09 draft, I was pissed that you guys selected Curry as he was the most 'pro-ready' player. Why did he bust? Wrong system? Couldn't get off blocks?

Just interested.

BTW, the Giants and Cowboys are my least favorite teams and I have a sick feeling that he'll end up being good for the Giants.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
NinerBuff":mnfqkyn4 said:
Hey Hawk Fans,

I remember during the '09 draft, I was pissed that you guys selected Curry as he was the most 'pro-ready' player. Why did he bust? Wrong system? Couldn't get off blocks?

Just interested.

BTW, the Giants and Cowboys are my least favorite teams and I have a sick feeling that he'll end up being good for the Giants.

He was no longer able to overwhelm subpar competition with raw athletic ability, and his propensity for over pursuit and taking bad angles bit him in the ass, bigtime. He was pretty good early on and showed he may well be a game changer, but was asked by the coaching staff to dial back the intensity (refs were threatening to flag him with taunting), and never really seemed to get it back again.

His problems are coachable, but he, himself, may not be.