Another rookie named Wilson edging out Flynn as starting QB?

gargantual

Reaction score
Poor Flynn. Doubt it will happen, but wouldn't that be bizarre?
Tyler Wilson in mix to be Oakland Raiders' starting QB?
"It says here that Wilson is on track to push Matt Flynn for the starting job right away and certainly push (Terrelle) Pryor for the backup spot held by Matt Leinart last season," Corkran writes.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... tarting-qb

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I would normally say that Flynn would most likely come out w/ the starting gig at least for this year w/ that bunch but this is the Raiders. Raiders: Where good NFL players goto die in the pit of despair.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I would legitimately feel bad for the guy if he doesn't get the starting gig in Oakland...then again, I kinda feel bad for him if he DOES get the starting gig in Oakland. I guess I just kinda feel bad for the guy.

Dren

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2mtglf7d said:
I would legitimately feel bad for the guy if he doesn't get the starting gig in Oakland...then again, I kinda feel bad for him if he DOES get the starting gig in Oakland. I guess I just kinda feel bad for the guy.

I dunno, he's getting a lot of money just to hold a clipboard.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
No worries, folks. A guy named Raiderblogger has assured us that Flynn will be the starter because it would be irresponsible and unfair for the Raiders to go with some rookie named Wilson who is only performing well against scrubs.

hawker84

Reaction score
i would be bummed, i actually want to see what Flynn can do... i hope he wins the starting gig...

The Outfield

Reaction score
hawker84":22z4p5ie said:
i would be bummed, i actually want to see what Flynn can do... i hope he wins the starting gig...

I want to see too, honestly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
gargantual":1wnj1pts said:
Poor Flynn. Doubt it will happen, but wouldn't that be bizarre?
Tyler Wilson in mix to be Oakland Raiders' starting QB?
"It says here that Wilson is on track to push Matt Flynn for the starting job right away and certainly push (Terrelle) Pryor for the backup spot held by Matt Leinart last season," Corkran writes.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... tarting-qb
I just don't see it happening but it is kind of funny. Tyler Wilson isn't nearly as polished as Russell Wilson was last year. Now give a year? Now you may have something.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1d378igt said:
No worries, folks. A guy named Raiderblogger has assured us that Flynn will be the starter because it would be irresponsible and unfair for the Raiders to go with some rookie named Wilson who is only performing well against scrubs.

heheh - I see what you did there

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Don't think Flynn has much to worry about unless Tyler Wilson can come in and tear up the preseason like Russell did. Seattle's D might actually do him one last favor by making the rookie look bad. Looking good against our depth guys is still a tall order.

kearly

Reaction score
If there is one thing working in Flynn's favor, it's that unlike Russell, Tyler Wilson has a similar skillset to Flynn. The decision to go with RW was an easy one because among many things, his mobility meant that he just fit our offense better.

The thing is, the combined cost of both Flynn and T. Wilson is roughly the same as what Seattle paid for Charlie Whitehurst. McKenzie deserves a lot of credit for building a respectable QB situation without forcing anything investment-wise. If Oakland tanks next season and has a shot at Teddy Bridgewater, there won't be any pressure to say no due to prior investment.

That said, Tyler Wilson and Matt Flynn are two quarterbacks I like. Flynn is kind of a rich man's Ryan Fitzpatrick and Wilson is kind of a mix of Jay Cutler and Matt Hasselbeck. I actually expect the Raiders to be the team to emerge out of the AFC West when the Broncos inevitably collapse at some point in the next few years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1twyu939 said:
That said, Tyler Wilson and Matt Flynn are two quarterbacks I like. Flynn is kind of a rich man's Ryan Fitzpatrick and Wilson is kind of a mix of Jay Cutler and Matt Hasselbeck. I actually expect the Raiders to be the team to emerge out of the AFC West when the Broncos inevitably collapse at some point in the next few years.
When is Peyton's contract up? Because that will be the obvious trigger for the Denver decline. Otherwise I would tend to agree with you given Reggie looks like he knows football but I wouldn't sleep on Kansas City either.

Subzero717

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3fweowl2 said:
kearly":3fweowl2 said:
When is Peyton's contract up? Because that will be the obvious trigger for the Denver decline. Otherwise I would tend to agree with you given Reggie looks like he knows football but I wouldn't sleep on Kansas City either.

This and next season I believe.

Andy Reid is a phenominal coach. Hes not winning anything with Alex Smith.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am not sure how I feel about Alex Smith being Kansas City's quarterback but I do know for a fact that they are a number 2 WR and depth from being very dangerous. Their OL is very close to being like it was in the '90's because of the extension to their LT and flipping Fisher to RT.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I would prefer Tyler Wilson to start over Flynn. I was a big fan of his when he was at Arkansas and really want to see him do well in the NFL

TwilightError

Reaction score
I really wish Flynn wins this gig. If nothing else, just for one year. He has been holding the clipboard enough. If he starts, I will be watching a few Raiders games next season. I always liked him and was disappointed when he did not get the opportunity in Hawks. Offcourse I now know that it was for the best of this team but still I want to see what he's got. Even if he has the crappiest WR corps around him.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Dren":3pw5macr said:
JesterHawk":3pw5macr said:

I dunno, he's getting a lot of money just to hold a clipboard.

There's no job satisfaction in holding a clipboard. I can't imagine he likes being "the backup" wherever he goes, if he's a competitive person at all.