Why a roof, Minnesota?

pehawk

Reaction score
Why in the hell is Minnesota choosing to go with a roofed stadium, again? It's not a coincidence they went to 4 Super Bowls playing outdoors. By default, it's one of the best home field advantages in the game, if outdoors?

Obviously winning is secondary to comfort. And, hosting Super Bowls second to actually participating in them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... wn-stadium

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Agreed, it looks dope. But, that's not the point.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I don't like the look of it, and I really thought Zygi would have had an open stadium this time. I thought he had mentioned that as a selling point when pitching the new stadium, but I could be wrong.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Is there an advantage playing in the cold? I like domes. I don't think we neef one and we have a clear advantage but we play in conditions that are unduplicated anywhere in the country and have the noise of a dome.

sutz

Reaction score
Is there some kind of unwritten rule that stadiums can't actually look like stadiums anymore?

I think it looks dumb.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Because they want sellouts, Pe. I have been to Minny in the winter. It is suck ass cold.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":qjngml2s said:
Because they want sellouts, Pe. I have been to Minny in the winter. It is suck ass cold.

My wife is from MN, they want an outdoor stadium up there. Most of them are so blitzed during the game they don't notice the cold anyway.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1cncyi4i said:
My wife is from MN, they want an outdoor stadium up there. Most of them are so blitzed during the game they don't notice the cold anyway.
You have to be mind-blowingly drunk to not feel northern Minnesota cold in January.

BASF

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gh32wlj7 said:
OkieHawk":gh32wlj7 said:
You have to be mind-blowingly drunk to not feel northern Minnesota cold in January.

To be fair, they only ever have one home game in January, if that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
You sell more beer indoors. Less waiting time at the pisser too. Drinking beer in the cold makes me have to go.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Seems they're trading comfort for W's. Their HFA could potentially be greater than the Packers. Hell, history supports my argument.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
pehawk":3umljwdd said:
Seems they're trading comfort for W's. Their HFA could potentially be greater than the Packers. Hell, history supports my argument.

I agree Pe.. I can see the foul weather being a nuisance but used properly, it would be the best HFA in the league..