Apparently the media treats Michael Vick like a dog

JSeahawks

Reaction score
And it looks like Vick wouldn't do very well in a Pete Carroll compete for everything setting (no surprise there).

“Hopefully, Chip [Kelly] makes a decision before training camp and we won’t have to answer that question, so we can go out there as quarterbacks and just focus on this season and not answer questions about competition every day,” Vick said.

Vick acknowledged that, if the competition lingers into camp, tension could rise between Vick and Foles.

“Yeah, but hopefully we’ll have an answer by then, so I’m not going to answer that,” Vick said, not realizing that he already answered that.

He added that he eventually won’t answer any questions about the competition. Told that he’ll be criticized if that happens, Vick was pragmatic: “Why not? Who cares? Y’all [in the media] kill me anyway, whether it’s right or wrong.”

Personally, i'd love to see Chip Kelly cut Michael Vick to prove the point that its all about competition and all about buying into the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ning-camp/

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sounds like the same entitled brat that came into the league. And I was supportive of him after his whole dog situation. I don't get why there would be any tension between him and Foles. Best man for the job wins, and the man behind him pushes him to be a better QB for the team. But of course, Vick, now that he's been given a second chance and more millions to blow, it's all back to about him and only him.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Vick is a waste of skin let alone talent. I never liked his attitude, even before he became "Dog Killer Vick." That whole thing just made my dislike turn to hatred. I look forward to seeing him lose this battle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Both of them are just keeping the spot warm for Barkley anyway.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think they're all keeping the spot warm for Manziel, Mariotta, Hundley or Tajh Boyd. Tons of QB's the next few years who would fit really really well in Chips offense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1eep0sda said:
I think they're all keeping the spot warm for Manziel, Mariotta, Hundley or Tajh Boyd. Tons of QB's the next few years who would fit really really well in Chips offense.
This.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ldyl8xtd said:

Bridgewater >> all dem der QB's

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Life is so much easier as fan when you're not worried about who your QB is.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":29honjiu said:
JSeahawks":29honjiu said:

Yes. But not necessarily for what Chip Kelly wants in a QB.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tk8f0ww said:
Throwdown":3tk8f0ww said:
JSeahawks":3tk8f0ww said:

I thought all he needed was a mobile QB?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":38z5o3t2 said:
JSeahawks":38z5o3t2 said:
Throwdown":38z5o3t2 said:

I thought all he needed was a mobile QB?

Well, I admit I havnt seen a ton of Bridgewater so I might be completely wrong, but the little I've seen of him live, and the highlights I've watched he seems more like a classic drop back passer, gunslinger type then a scrambling, super athletic guy (although he does move around well). Kind of reminds me of Sam Bradford when he was at Oklahoma.

Plus, Bridgewater will probably be the #1 QB taken, and I don't think Philly will be picking high enough to get him.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1auta1iu said:
Life is so much easier as fan when you're not worried about who your QB is.

Amen to THAT!

...though we do have so much less to argue about in the offseason. Any thread with Charlie Whitehurst in it was interwebz gold!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":21do3b6y said:
Sounds like the same entitled brat that came into the league. And I was supportive of him after his whole dog situation. I don't get why there would be any tension between him and Foles. Best man for the job wins, and the man behind him pushes him to be a better QB for the team. But of course, Vick, now that he's been given a second chance and more millions to blow, it's all back to about him and only him.
There would be tension because Vick feels entitled.

CHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":32y10bag said:
-The Glove-":32y10bag said:
There would be tension because Vick feels entitled.

And the for every loving Philly fans are still selling the "Hide your Beagle Vick's an Eagle" shirts

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't read that much into what he said here, AT ALL?

He was criticized for answering questions about the QB competition. Then, he said because of that criticism he'll eventually NOT answer QB competition questions anymore...and a reporter pointed out he'll be criticized for silence too. So, whether he answers the question or not, he'll be criticized. That was a point a reporter made first, and Vick parroted it. And, obviously Vick and the media are right. I mean look at this thread.

I think there's ALOT of prejudice in this thread. Not a racially motivated, but personal feelings motivated.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2sanq5v3 said:
I think there's ALOT of prejudice in this thread. Not a racially motivated, but personal feelings motivated.

I'm sure this is true, and I know it is in my case. I know I hate the dude. But I don't hate him for the dog thing as much as I hate him for having all of the raw talent in the world and not taking advantage. With his God given skills he should be in legit discussion as one of the top handful of QB's ever to play the game.

The dog thing to me doesn't really matter. I think it makes him a horrible person (even though I hate dogs myself), but i'm sure there's a lot of horrible people playing in the NFL.

pehawk

Reaction score
Everything anyone's heard about Vick is his commitment since joining the Eagles. No missteps, watching film, practicing harder and more, etc.

You weren't as harsh, J. Jazz was completely overboard with the entitled comment. THAT'S prejudiced commentary.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":8aw8fzci said:
Everything anyone's heard about Vick is his commitment since joining the Eagles. No missteps, watching film, practicing harder and more, etc.

You weren't as harsh, J. Jazz was completely overboard with the entitled comment. THAT'S prejudiced commentary.

I made the entitled comment and I stand by it. I've always been a fan of Vick. Hoped that he'd be given a second chance and was happy that he did. But those comments just show me he hasn't matured all that much. Of course, I could be reading it completely wrong. I'll own up to that if I did. But you'd think someone in his shoes would be able to answer a couple questions every other QB in a competition is having to answer right now without sounding like a whiny brat. And the tension comment he threw out there was all on his own. He can't blame that on the media. If you give them something they'll use it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2isqbfi4 said:

that was when Reid was coaching HIS player, Vick. Now that the coach is not the guy who believed in Vick when no one else wanted to, people are looking for reasons to bang on him. Commitment don't mean shit when the writing is on the wall.

Like most talented QBs, when his O-line was good he looked good. Last year he sucked, but nobody deserved to play behind that line that was missing most of the starters. The faults Vick has were always there, but haters are vocalizing them now that an open QB competition and the one year deal he signed has made it look like the coach is not his biggest fan.

Also, the media has most definitely not put Vick on the rape stand. They are just doing the math on the new coach.