Bears trade 2011 1st Rd pick Gabe Carimi to Bucs for a 6th

drdiags

Reaction score
Carimi, Sherrod and Carpenter had buzzard's luck with leg injuries their rookie season. None have been able to get right so far. All have a chance to come back this year. I guess the Bears just couldn't afford to count on Carimi any longer. Especially since the current GM didn't draft him.

BTW - I remember wanting Carimi or Solder or anyone of note. Carpenter was a shock only because I hadn't seen much on him besides English's mentions in his review of the various prospects through the year.

kearly

Reaction score
Rob hated Carimi and beat that horse every chance he got. It's gotta be nice to stick your neck out that far and be proven right. (I didn't have an opinion on him either way).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3jqcrtuu said:
Rob hated Carimi and beat that horse every chance he got. It's gotta be nice to stick your neck out that far and be proven right. (I didn't have an opinion on him either way).

You'd know, Mr. Wilson supporter. ;)

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Bears' track record with first round picks lately isn't great. When's the last time they hit on one? 2004?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
nanomoz":3c1b7z3k said:
The Bears' track record with first round picks lately isn't great. When's the last time they hit on one? 2004?

If only they had hired Tim Ruskell as their GM while he was in Chicago. :lol:

Hamhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13hhdrc8 said:
nanomoz":13hhdrc8 said:

If only they had hired Tim Ruskell as their GM while he was in Chicago. :lol:
ooh,...very harsh!!

Erebus

Reaction score
kearly":1hfil2rd said:

Yeah...about as much as he hated Okung, IIRC.