Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Wow. This story just gets crazier by the minute.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2366
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two other guys involved is working with the police and making a deal. They seem to have come up with quite a bit of information and have known where to look in a short period of time. And that would be the smart thing to do, if Hernandez indeed feels like he needs to tie up loose ends this way.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2699
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


  • TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?


    Tacoma/Lakewood/Parkland/Spanaway and A few places in Seattle are pretty notorious for gangs and gang violence. Not just strictly Crips and Bloods either.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19123
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • mikeak wrote:From this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ble-murder

    The working theory, according to the Globe, is that Odin Lloyd -- the man Hernandez is charged with killing -- may have had information about Hernandez's role in the double murders.

    Pure speculation but Hernandez stated that you can't trust nobody before he allegedly went and killed Lloyd. So to me the question is if Lloyd was talking to the police, Lloyd's gf knew that he was (who I guess is friends / sister with Hernandez's gf which is how he found out). This would also explain the text - I am with NFL - as in if something happens to me tell the police I went with Hernandez

    maybe I am reading to much into it but it really seems like a logical path to how things went to where they went. A whole lot more logical than my buddy talked to someone in a bar last week that I don't like so now at 2.30am I am going to go kill him and then later smash the security system instead of turning it off.


    Since all this came out I've kept asking myself "why". Is Hernandez actually stupid enough to waste some one because of some one talking to some one else? People kill people for the stupidest reasons. Some for money....some for power....some because of racism...and some simply for the thrill. But I'd wager most these people don't have much in life to begin with. But with Hernandez...it just seems the pieces don't fit. He had to have more of a reason than Lloyd talking to someone he didn't like. Theres gotta be more to it than that. BUT...I've said it before....never underestimate the power of stupidity.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    User avatar
    samwize77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 913
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am


  • sounds to me like hernandez thought he could get away with something and pay people off and realized that wasn't going to work and started to tie up loose ends. This Lloyd killing sounds like it's connected to the double murder last year which could in turn be related to something else.

    who knows how many secrets this guy has? there was that other shooting when he was at FLA that he was questioned for that no one was charged with. Could just be a chain of him trying to shut people up.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2699
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?


    Tacoma/Lakewood/Parkland/Spanaway and A few places in Seattle are pretty notorious for gangs and gang violence. Not just strictly Crips and Bloods either.


    Spokane, Yakimia and Tri Cities has a huge gang population as well...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3987
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?


    Tacoma/Lakewood/Parkland/Spanaway and A few places in Seattle are pretty notorious for gangs and gang violence. Not just strictly Crips and Bloods either.


    Must be scary stuff to live close to it...

    Since it is so widespread, there must be loads of gang members (even murderers?) in the NFL. Maybe most can leave it behind, but there most be many struggling with unwilling involvement.. Hernandez probably just chose to live like that. At least he looks the part.
    The Moment: Image
    User avatar
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 570
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:12 am
  • I am watching the bail hearing right now.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2366
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 am
  • samwize77 wrote:He had to have more of a reason than Lloyd talking to someone he didn't like. .


    Well I 100% agree with you. Furthermore if he did it just because Lloyd talked to the wrong person it would have been done smarter. Like not run out in the middle of the night suddenly and do it but better planned and thought through. Heck steal a car and do it is a better option than using your rental.

    Which is why I would not be surprised to find out Lloyd were talking to the cops
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3325
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 am
  • Denied bail. No surprise.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2366
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    then again the question is always the same, where's his father?


    Pops unexpectedly died from an illness when Hernandez was in his early teens and his older brother was just about done with High school. His brother has gone on to be a HS Principal or dean at some small college. Aaron took the troubled kid path. Doesn't justify his actions but since you asked, that is what I read when all this began hitting the fan.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9209
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 am
  • samwize77 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:From this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ble-murder

    The working theory, according to the Globe, is that Odin Lloyd -- the man Hernandez is charged with killing -- may have had information about Hernandez's role in the double murders.

    Pure speculation but Hernandez stated that you can't trust nobody before he allegedly went and killed Lloyd. So to me the question is if Lloyd was talking to the police, Lloyd's gf knew that he was (who I guess is friends / sister with Hernandez's gf which is how he found out). This would also explain the text - I am with NFL - as in if something happens to me tell the police I went with Hernandez

    maybe I am reading to much into it but it really seems like a logical path to how things went to where they went. A whole lot more logical than my buddy talked to someone in a bar last week that I don't like so now at 2.30am I am going to go kill him and then later smash the security system instead of turning it off.


    Since all this came out I've kept asking myself "why". Is Hernandez actually stupid enough to waste some one because of some one talking to some one else? People kill people for the stupidest reasons. Some for money....some for power....some because of racism...and some simply for the thrill. But I'd wager most these people don't have much in life to begin with. But with Hernandez...it just seems the pieces don't fit. He had to have more of a reason than Lloyd talking to someone he didn't like. Theres gotta be more to it than that. BUT...I've said it before....never underestimate the power of stupidity.



    it now appears this may have been to silence Loyd becuase he had info about a double murder hernandez was involved in


    http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06 ... story.html
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1557
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:11 am
  • New update:

    Hernandez also killed biggie and tupac
    heyu123
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:06 pm
  • I keep seeing this news being reported as "Ex-Patriot Hernandez..." but all I can think of is "Expatriate Hernandez..."

    :laugh:
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18605
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:11 pm
  • Ah.....maybe Mr Hernandez was also on the grassy knoll!
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    User avatar
    samwize77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 913
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:14 pm
  • drdiags wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:
    then again the question is always the same, where's his father?


    Pops unexpectedly died from an illness when Hernandez was in his early teens and his older brother was just about done with High school. His brother has gone on to be a HS Principal or dean at some small college. Aaron took the troubled kid path. Doesn't justify his actions but since you asked, that is what I read when all this began hitting the fan.



    Crazy two brothers can grow up in the same environment, yet one becomes a principal and the other a thug.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2207
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two other guys involved is working with the police and making a deal. They seem to have come up with quite a bit of information and have known where to look in a short period of time. And that would be the smart thing to do, if Hernandez indeed feels like he needs to tie up loose ends this way.

    Sounds exactly like what is happening. This whole thing is spinning into Twilight Zone territory.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7195
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Image
    User avatar
    Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 242
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 pm


  • Chukarhawk wrote:it now appears this may have been to silence Loyd becuase he had info about a double murder hernandez was involved in


    Oh, well it's alright, then. Brotha gotta pop a cap in the ass of them snitches, ya know?
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25384
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • hawker84 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?


    Tacoma/Lakewood/Parkland/Spanaway and A few places in Seattle are pretty notorious for gangs and gang violence. Not just strictly Crips and Bloods either.


    Spokane, Yakimia and Tri Cities has a huge gang population as well...


    Never really heard of eastern Washington having a lot of gang related activity, but I would conisder the "south end" (South Seattle/Rainer Beach/New Holly/Skyway) to be the most gang infested. Tacoma is a big one too.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    User avatar
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2152
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm


  • Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

    A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25384
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • LOL, this is awesome for those of us that are fans of the show Dexter:

    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25384
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • mikeak wrote:From this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ble-murder

    The working theory, according to the Globe, is that Odin Lloyd -- the man Hernandez is charged with killing -- may have had information about Hernandez's role in the double murders.

    Pure speculation but Hernandez stated that you can't trust nobody before he allegedly went and killed Lloyd. So to me the question is if Lloyd was talking to the police, Lloyd's gf knew that he was (who I guess is friends / sister with Hernandez's gf which is how he found out). This would also explain the text - I am with NFL - as in if something happens to me tell the police I went with Hernandez

    maybe I am reading to much into it but it really seems like a logical path to how things went to where they went. A whole lot more logical than my buddy talked to someone in a bar last week that I don't like so now at 2.30am I am going to go kill him and then later smash the security system instead of turning it off.


    I think it's possible that the people he was talking to in the club may have been acquaintances of the people who were wounded or the 2 that died. Supposedly Loyd was talking to a "group that Aaron had a beef with."
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8335
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Anybody have a link to the pats boards? (please no lemon party links, I'm on my work machine).
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4000
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

    A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.

    It always cracks me up when people are like "OMG!" When I say I'm from Tacoma. It's not that bad and hasn't been for years. I was actually talking the other day about how other cities should follow Tacoma's model of cleaning up the city. The two worst areas, Salishan and Hilltop are no longer the gang-infested areas they once were. The neighborhoods now boast new homes, new schools, and good businesses.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7017
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Glove, Tacoma isn't that bad, I agree; but it IS worse than any place in King County.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25384
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • -The Glove- wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

    A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.

    It always cracks me up when people are like "OMG!" When I say I'm from Tacoma. It's not that bad and hasn't been for years. I was actually talking the other day about how other cities should follow Tacoma's model of cleaning up the city. The two worst areas, Salishan and Hilltop are no longer the gang-infested areas they once were. The neighborhoods now boast new homes, new schools, and good businesses.

    They cleaned up the HIlltop? Good for them.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7195
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO



  • CPHawk wrote:Crazy two brothers can grow up in the same environment, yet one becomes a principal and the other a thug.



    Guess he was a Sr when his dad died

    Hernandez, 23, negotiated a narrow path to such luxurious living. Born and raised in Bristol, Conn., a two-hour commute from his current home, Hernandez excelled as a prep star at Bristol Central High, establishing several state receiving records before losing his father, Dennis, to complications from hernia surgery. The roots of Hernandez’s unraveling begin there, by most accounts, but can be traced through his time in Florida and in his first three seasons as a Patriot. Coaches, ranging from Geno Auriemma in AAU, to Urban Meyer in Gainesville, Fla., and now Bill Belichick, have gotten the most out of him on the basketball court and football field, but many also expressed concern about his behavior and maturity as he won a college title and played in a Super Bowl.

    “I couldn’t be happier with where I am now and how it worked out,” Hernandez said at Media Day leading up to the Super Bowl in February of 2012. “This is a dream come true.”

    Darker days preceded that gilded run. Hernandez was a nightmare for his mother in light of his father’s death, which occurred before senior year in high school.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... z2XSZnJXKt


    Looking for the article about his brother ...

    EDIT: My recollections stink to high heaven. What is happening to that once sharp mind I had?

    New England tight end Aaron Hernandez, who has been embroiled in the homicide investigation of a semi-pro football player, is the brother of Iowa graduate assistant and tight ends coach DJ Hernandez.


    http://hawkcentral.com/2013/06/25/hawkeye-assistant-is-brother-is-embattled-patriots-tight-end-hernandez/
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9209
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • CPHawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:
    then again the question is always the same, where's his father?


    Pops unexpectedly died from an illness when Hernandez was in his early teens and his older brother was just about done with High school. His brother has gone on to be a HS Principal or dean at some small college. Aaron took the troubled kid path. Doesn't justify his actions but since you asked, that is what I read when all this began hitting the fan.



    Crazy two brothers can grow up in the same environment, yet one becomes a principal and the other a thug.


    Their paths diverged ALMOST as much as Cliff and Chris Paul.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1970
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


  • drdiags wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Crazy two brothers can grow up in the same environment, yet one becomes a principal and the other a thug.



    Guess he was a Sr when his dad died

    Hernandez, 23, negotiated a narrow path to such luxurious living. Born and raised in Bristol, Conn., a two-hour commute from his current home, Hernandez excelled as a prep star at Bristol Central High, establishing several state receiving records before losing his father, Dennis, to complications from hernia surgery. The roots of Hernandez’s unraveling begin there, by most accounts, but can be traced through his time in Florida and in his first three seasons as a Patriot. Coaches, ranging from Geno Auriemma in AAU, to Urban Meyer in Gainesville, Fla., and now Bill Belichick, have gotten the most out of him on the basketball court and football field, but many also expressed concern about his behavior and maturity as he won a college title and played in a Super Bowl.

    “I couldn’t be happier with where I am now and how it worked out,” Hernandez said at Media Day leading up to the Super Bowl in February of 2012. “This is a dream come true.”

    Darker days preceded that gilded run. Hernandez was a nightmare for his mother in light of his father’s death, which occurred before senior year in high school.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... z2XSZnJXKt


    Looking for the article about his brother ...

    EDIT: My recollections stink to high heaven. What is happening to that once sharp mind I had?

    New England tight end Aaron Hernandez, who has been embroiled in the homicide investigation of a semi-pro football player, is the brother of Iowa graduate assistant and tight ends coach DJ Hernandez.


    http://hawkcentral.com/2013/06/25/hawkeye-assistant-is-brother-is-embattled-patriots-tight-end-hernandez/

    Sounds like DJ is not shocked and kind of knew one day he'd get this news. He had to have known what his brother was capable of.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7017
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Interesting, Tukwila and Burien both have higher overall crime rates than Tacoma, now. Tacoma has really improved in the last year or two.

    http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ta ... ngton.html


    Tukwila,Burien,Renton have nothing, most people there either false claim or rep CD/South end. I would say the south end is what most people would consider the "hood". South end as stated before as Rainer Beach, New Holly, Skyway, etc. (south seattle area).

    And yeah, any area in Washington is definitely not even close to as ghetto/dangerous as south central, south chicago, east oakland, detroit, etc.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    User avatar
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2152
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Interesting, Tukwila and Burien both have higher overall crime rates than Tacoma, now. Tacoma has really improved in the last year or two.

    http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ta ... ngton.html

    There are areas in Burien that are a bit sketchy, but as someone who has grown up here and been all around, I've never been in an area of any town around here where I felt unsafe. Besides Aaron Hernandez Boulevard in Ballard.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:31 pm
  • Wait wait wait, that double homicide is looking more and more like Hernandez was involved? this dude was really about that life, what in the hell!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19123
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:36 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

    A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.

    It always cracks me up when people are like "OMG!" When I say I'm from Tacoma. It's not that bad and hasn't been for years. I was actually talking the other day about how other cities should follow Tacoma's model of cleaning up the city. The two worst areas, Salishan and Hilltop are no longer the gang-infested areas they once were. The neighborhoods now boast new homes, new schools, and good businesses.


    Nope not at all, I haven't been afraid of driving through Hilltop late at night in years now, the Police really cracked down on the gang problem there, now if they could handle Lakewood all would be alright. Spanaway, since I work there never really took off, but you do see the colors being flown. Lakewood/Steilacoom/Tillacum, and this little area not too far from a gate into Fort Lewis are not where you want to be at night though, they've cracked down, but some nights its like you're driving through a walking dead scene.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19123
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Throwdown wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

    A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.

    It always cracks me up when people are like "OMG!" When I say I'm from Tacoma. It's not that bad and hasn't been for years. I was actually talking the other day about how other cities should follow Tacoma's model of cleaning up the city. The two worst areas, Salishan and Hilltop are no longer the gang-infested areas they once were. The neighborhoods now boast new homes, new schools, and good businesses.


    Nope not at all, I haven't been afraid of driving through Hilltop late at night in years now, the Police really cracked down on the gang problem there, now if they could handle Lakewood all would be alright. Spanaway, since I work there never really took off, but you do see the colors being flown. Lakewood/Steilacoom/Tillacum, and this little area not too far from a gate into Fort Lewis are not where you want to be at night though, they've cracked down, but some nights its like you're driving through a walking dead scene.


    Chocolate city still the spot in Lakewood?
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7017
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Yes, yes it is.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19123
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • IMO the 'third' guy in this group that killed Lloyd is working with the cops, probably even made the decision to turn himself in before that night was even over after realizing what happens to anyone who crosses hernandez.

    Hernandez was a suspect from the start but they didn't name him one to start the investigation so that they could see what hernandez did and who he contacted while knowing he was in danger of being found out, after hearing from this informant that Hernandez has been involved in other incidents.

    I think they must have some really strong evidence (such as this informant, and more) since they are so willing to quickly assign another double-murder to hernandez without worrying about the repercussions of diminishing his character if they are wrong. This evidence hasn't come out yet due to protecting the informant from Hernandez' other associates, and because they already know what is already available knowledge, Hernandez would be denied bail without it.

    Innocent until proven guilty, but I think Hernandez isn't too far away from seeing a lifetime of sharing a 7x10 with a buddy who will be taking over for Tom Brady tossing him some balls.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2699
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Interesting, Tukwila and Burien both have higher overall crime rates than Tacoma, now. Tacoma has really improved in the last year or two.

    http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ta ... ngton.html

    Tukwila has ALWAYS had higher crime rate. its becuase very few people actually live in tukkwila and skews the numbers.
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1557
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am
  • Never really heard of eastern Washington having a lot of gang related activity, but I would conisder the "south end" (South Seattle/Rainer Beach/New Holly/Skyway) to be the most gang infested. Tacoma is a big one too.


    South Seattle isn't even that bad anymore, as the area has become gentrified more and more of the criminals are heading to Kent/Tukwila

    I'm surprised you haven't heard of gang activity in Eastern Washington -- lots of Hispanic gangs out there. It's not all African-American gangs.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1154
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:27 am
  • There's tons of gang crap in the Yakima Valley (Sunnyside, Toppenish, Grandview, etc). They're always finding bodies out there.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    User avatar
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1340
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:30 am
  • One thing to keep in mind is the majority of gang violence is not something the media reports anymore. I think the police and majority of the public really dont care what happens in the poorer neighborhoods, so you rarerly hear about shootings n such on the news unless someone totally innocent is involved. These kids in gangs are shooting at each other everyday, no one cares unless someone innocent is hurt.
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 883
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:16 pm
  • largenutz wrote:One thing to keep in mind is the majority of gang violence is not something the media reports anymore. I think the police and majority of the public really dont care what happens in the poorer neighborhoods, so you rarerly hear about shootings n such on the news unless someone totally innocent is involved. These kids in gangs are shooting at each other everyday, no one cares unless someone innocent is hurt.

    That's very true
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7017
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:36 pm
  • largenutz wrote:One thing to keep in mind is the majority of gang violence is not something the media reports anymore. I think the police and majority of the public really dont care what happens in the poorer neighborhoods, so you rarerly hear about shootings n such on the news unless someone totally innocent is involved. These kids in gangs are shooting at each other everyday, no one cares unless someone innocent is hurt.


    I know I don't care about poor areas, or the rich ones. Just the one I live in. If we reported about every gang violence then the news would go 24 hrs a day with it. For my job I have been in some sketchy places around king county. And I have no pitty for people who know right from wrong and choose wrong. I only begin to care when it is the innocent because their life matters, they didn't make the choice to be in that situation. On a side note I'm all for drug testing welfare participants. Cut down on gang cash flow.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 662
    Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:57 pm
  • I hear you^^ The point I was trying to make, in response to comments about dangerous areas in & around Seattle, was that there is a lot of violence happening all around,that general public doesnt know about. Unless you are in that life or know someone who is, you really dont know how dangerous certain areas can be.
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 883
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


  • It's crazy, but I felt safer in most of the areas here in Washington that most would consider 'sketchy' or 'ghetto'
    than I did in the 2 cities/towns I visited in Arizona (Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa? And I avoid the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Mill Creek)
    at all costs. I have gotten pulled over in each of those cities at least twice over the past half decade.
    What's Next? What's Next? What's N-X-E-T...?"
    User avatar
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 613
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • hgwellz12 wrote:It's crazy, but I felt safer in most of the areas here in Washington that most would consider 'sketchy' or 'ghetto'
    than I did in the 2 cities/towns I visited in Arizona (Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa? And I avoid the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Mill Creek)
    at all costs. I have gotten pulled over in each of those cities at least twice over the past half decade.


    Kirkland/Bellevue police will pull over anybody not driving properly. You must have been doing something wrong.
    RUHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 am


  • I ALWAYS CONSCIOUSLY drive EXTREMELY proper in those areas. And I don't drink and drive.
    Each time it's always the same story "Sir, I noticed you sat for a while after the light turned green (or some other bs reason). You have license, registration, and insurance for this car?" and after I provide docs and they run my info, it's "ok, just be safe and have a nice night!"... no ticket of course because I broke no laws... Except driving an expensive car. Now I let my wife drive if I need to go to those areas if possible. She NEVER gets pulled over in the ZR.
    What's Next? What's Next? What's N-X-E-T...?"
    User avatar
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 613
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • hgwellz12 wrote:It's crazy, but I felt safer in most of the areas here in Washington that most would consider 'sketchy' or 'ghetto'
    than I did in the 2 cities/towns I visited in Arizona (Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa? And I avoid the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Mill Creek)
    at all costs. I have gotten pulled over in each of those cities at least twice over the past half decade.

    LOL! Can I decipher what youre saying without sounding racist? Because Im the same way, basically I feel safer in more culturally diverse areas rather than predominately caucausian upper middle class areas.
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 883
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


  • Hey I stole this from somebody on the 49er forum but thought you might get a chuckle out of it if you haven't already seen it.

    Image

    lol
    BigBay49
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:00 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information