Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...

supahawk

Reaction score
How would you feel if the hawks had drafted Kaep and he was the Hawks QB? Would you mock his ways or would you enjoy and defend what he does and how he acts? Or what if Wilson(This would never happen thankfully) had Kaep's persona? How would you feel? Just a time killer question.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
supahawk":9rapibpx said:
How would you feel if the hawks had drafted Kaep and he was the Hawks QB? Would you mock his ways or would you enjoy and defend what he does and how he acts? Or what if Wilson(This would never happen thankfully) had Kaep's persona? How would you feel? Just a time killer question.
I had a problem with his personality during the time before he was drafted. Would I dislike the guy who looks like Snooki's boyfriend? Hell yes. I disliked him before he was drafted.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I'd think the same of him. Good QB that acts like an immature douchebag sometimes.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2m9h6kbl said:
supahawk":2m9h6kbl said:
I had a problem with his personality during the time before he was drafted. Would I dislike the guy who looks like Snooki's boyfriend? Hell yes. I disliked him before he was drafted.

I knew he reminded me of someone... For crying out loud, how has this not been photo shop material yet?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I wanted the Hawks to pick him at 25 in 2011. In hindsight that would have been a great pick. Everything worked out, but I sure wish he had ended up outside of the division.

One thing I did not know at the time was what a giant D Bag he is. I'd still rather have him as my starting QB over many of the other starting QBs out there though

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I was hoping the Hawks would draft him, was bummed to see him go to SF. I doubt much would change - good qb, needs to stop acting like he's in college.

hawker84

Reaction score
I would love the talent he brings to the team, but would not care for his antics.. I would feel the same way about RW as well, however it's just hard to imagine RW acting like that.

There have been players/coaches on this team that i didn't particularly care for over the years, but appreciated what they brought to the team/field..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The kissing-your-bicep thing would irk me no matter what player did it, and no matter what team they were on. I was so glad to see Wilson mock Kaepernick for it when they were playing Madden.

heyu123

Reaction score
Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.

kearly

Reaction score
IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2fmpfat3 said:
I wanted the Hawks to pick him at 25 in 2011. In hindsight that would have been a great pick. Everything worked out, but I sure wish he had ended up outside of the division.

One thing I did not know at the time was what a giant D Bag he is. I'd still rather have him as my starting QB over many of the other starting QBs out there though
This is my attitude. I definitely would be upset about how he acts if he were our quarterback but as a football player he is very good and would have had great success here.

hawker84

Reaction score
heyu123":2gce9qot said:
Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.

Incorrect as usual

heyu123

Reaction score
How is that incorrect?

Kaepernick is viewed here the same way Sherman is by the Niners fanbase. There's no difference at all. Either in how each is viewed, or how each is defended by their fanbase.

hawker84

Reaction score
1st mistake is you think everybody here loves Shermans behavior, if you read through some of the threads you'll see not all fans on this site cared for them.

2nd mistake is if you read through this very thread you'd see, most people would love the talent/ skills Kap brings but would not care for the off field antics.. The threads go on to say, even if RW acted the same way it would not be appreciated, but would still like the talents he brings to the team..

So yes he would probably be loved, but he would not be blindly defended, there would be critics

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
heyu123":2pbd9r0p said:
How is that incorrect?

Kaepernick is viewed here the same way Sherman is by the Niners fanbase. There's no difference at all. Either in how each is viewed, or how each is defended by their fanbase.

Sherm has a big mouth, sure. He talks on the field, off of the field, probably in his sleep. Does he talk too much? Yep.

But he's genuine--he's not a Dolphin lid wearing, bicep kissing, sunglass and pimp jacket on national TV wearing, fake dbag like Kaep is.

The LAST thing you can say about your QB is that he's genuine. There is your difference.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
heyu123":1b47h59e said:
How is that incorrect?

I think there's a difference. I don't see Kap as a cocky loud-mouth the way Sherm is viewed. Kap just has the "goober" factor with the way he dresses, his silly TD "dance", and his seeming lack of understanding that he's in the NFL and needs to act like the face of a franchise.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure his act would embarrass me just as much as it should any 49ers fan. But I also think he's a pretty good, if raw, QB, so I probably wouldn't complain too much there.

heyu123

Reaction score
hawker84":2on8ivdq said:
1st mistake is you think everybody here loves Shermans behavior, if you read through some of the threads you'll see not all fans on this site cared for them.

2nd mistake is if you read through this very thread you'd see, most people would love the talent/ skills Kap brings but would not care for the off field antics.. The threads go on to say, even if RW acted the same way it would not be appreciated, but would still like the talents he brings to the team..

So yes he would probably be loved, but he would not be blindly defended, there would be critics

Not every Niner fan loves Kaepernick's 'antics' either. But a majority do not care and defend him because he is a Niner and a very good player. Same in Seattle. You can point to the very small minority who don't like Sherman, but most will continue to not care what he does because he is a great player and a Seahawk.

As for your second point, that's exactly what I've already said. Talent is all that matters, as long as the guy isn't a complete criminal or something. Because of that talent, no matter how Kaepernick acted he would be beloved as a Seahawk if he was producing on the field.

You can prefer Wilson and his demeanor...which obviously everyone on this forum is going to do...but that's different than trying to pretend Kaepernick would somehow be disliked if he was a Seahawk. Because that is untrue.

Just look at Pete Carroll. I'm sure a segment of your fanbase who are Duck or Huskie fans thought he was a douche at USC, but now they all love him and his energy on the sidelines.

heyu123

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":6b0ir65m said:
Sherm has a big mouth, sure. He talks on the field, off of the field, probably in his sleep. Does he talk too much? Yep.

But he's genuine--he's not a Dolphin lid wearing, bicep kissing, sunglass and pimp jacket on national TV wearing, fake dbag like Kaep is.

The LAST thing you can say about your QB is that he's genuine. There is your difference.

AbsolutNET":6b0ir65m said:
I think there's a difference. I don't see Kap as a cocky loud-mouth the way Sherm is viewed. Kap just has the "goober" factor with the way he dresses, his silly TD "dance", and his seeming lack of understanding that he's in the NFL and needs to act like the face of a franchise.

You're both right in the sense of why they are hated is different. But both are hated nonetheless.

Sure Kaepernick's not Russell Wilson in demeanor, but he's pretty harmless overall. Not like he trashes the Seahawks organization like Sherman trashes Harbaugh.

so in that sense there is more legit reason to dislike Sherman than Kaepernick, from each fanbases POV.

But both would still be universally accepted if they switched teams.

hawker84

Reaction score
You can point to the very small minority who don't like Sherman, but most will continue to not care what he does because he is a great player and a Seahawk

never said we all don't like him.. We all love him as a player and the person he truly is.. there is some that does not care for all the talk, but nobody dislikes the man, that i've seen .. You can disagree with a player and still remain a fan...

Far as Carroll is concerned, i can't speak for anyone else, but i could care less what he did in college, it's all about what he's doing for my Seahawks..