Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:41 pm
  • Giedi wrote:There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers.

    Thanks for the laugh.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1022
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:53 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    heyu123 wrote:Even if Russell Wilson played for the 49ers? I highly doubt it

    I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.


    When did Harbag ever play at the highest level? He was in the NFL alright, but his play was at the most average level the whole time, while his douchebaggery just grew and grew. And if RW would be so much more advanced than he is now, how is it that The Crappernik took a year and a half to be not quite as good or advanced?


    His NFL accolades as a player include a Pro Bowl nomination, NFL Comeback Player of the Year, runner up in the NFL MVP (1995). He is also in the Colts' Ring of Honor and has the second highest completions for the Bears as well, behind Jay Cutler. 14+ seasons too. Would've played in the Super Bowl too, if not for a dropped Hail Mary pass.

    Maybe not the HIGHEST level, but to say it was at the "most average level" the whole time shows your bias against the Niners and Harbaugh. I would consider his career to be above average when compared against all the other NFL players in the league at the time.

    Shrug.
    User avatar
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:34 pm
  • So what you're saying, Alka, is that Matt Hasselbeck's a better QB than Jim Harbaugh ever was? Hasselbeck went to the Pro Bowl 3x and did play in a Super Bowl, plus he has a better career QB rating, way more passing yards, a better TD-int ratio, and a better completion percentage?

    Just sayin', before you go propping up Harbaugh as a player too much.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31067
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:39 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:So what you're saying, Alka, is that Matt Hasselbeck's a better QB than Jim Harbaugh ever was? Hasselbeck went to the Pro Bowl 3x and did play in a Super Bowl, plus he has a better career QB rating, way more passing yards, a better TD-int ratio, and a better completion percentage?

    Just sayin', before you go propping up Harbaugh as a player too much.


    Sure. I always felt Hasselbeck never got the recognition he deserved for how good of a player he was. Consumate professional as well.

    If Luck ever gets injured, Indy has a decent stop gap at QB to continue playing at a high level.
    User avatar
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 pm
  • Whoa. A reasonable and intelligent response. Alright, I'm impressed; and I admit I wasn't expecting as much.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31067
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:47 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Whoa. A reasonable and intelligent response. Alright, I'm impressed; and I admit I wasn't expecting as much.


    Not all Niner fans are rude and ignorant, contrary to popular belief ;)
    User avatar
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:53 pm
  • Alkasquawlik wrote:Not all Niner fans are rude and ignorant, contrary to popular belief ;)


    I know. :) Just used to that being the norm for 'em around here, haha. You should have seen how many 49ers fans got banned within days of being approved during the season last year around here...It was astronomical.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31067
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:56 pm
  • I saw, and I can imagine how irritating it is/was. 5 SUPER BOWLS!!!!! Almost as bad as 42-13!!! that I see on every social media outlet ha.

    I've lurked all year, figuring out who the personalities are and what not, before starting to jump into the fray.

    Excited for the upcoming season, September cannot come soon enough!
    User avatar
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:00 pm
  • I freely admit the 42-13 thing is stupid, and I've asked several times for people to stop saying it around here, but it didn't help much at the time. At least it's not mentioned too much, anymore.

    Also, if you find it hard to earn credibility here, don't take it personally. We literally had two 49ers fans on here for years, and that's it. Then, Harbaugh shows up in San Francisco, and now the place is filled with 49ers fans. You can guess what kind of impression that leaves on us, many of which have been here for a long time (this forum predates the oldest registration dates you see by years, but on another URL, by the way) and were sitting here talking about how much things sucked when we went 4-12 in the last year of Holmgren's tenure, and 5-11 the next with Mora, etc.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31067
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:17 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Also, if you find it hard to earn credibility here, don't take it personally. We literally had two 49ers fans on here for years, and that's it. Then, Harbaugh shows up in San Francisco, and now the place is filled with 49ers fans. You can guess what kind of impression that leaves on us, many of which have been here for a long time (this forum predates the oldest registration dates you see by years, but on another URL, by the way) and were sitting here talking about how much things sucked when we went 4-12 in the last year of Holmgren's tenure, and 5-11 the next with Mora, etc.


    No worries, I've been on forums enough to know not to take things personally and to have a sense of humor, it's just the internet. Plus, I know I'm in enemy territory, so I've got to tread lightly. I've seen the threads that people have made about Marvin49 and whatnot haha.

    I gotta say that the big upswing for both the Niners and Seahawks in recent years have brought out a bunch of irrational homers on both sides that make certain discussions embarrassing/irritating. Such is the case when the teams are winning, so I'll deal with it. Better than sucking and being the laughingstock of the league.

    I actually venture into this forum more so than the webzone. I know a lot of posters here always berate certain Niner fans, and ask them "why are you here on another team's forum blah blah blah", and the same thing happens over on the WZ. It actually gets tiresome reading the same fan-boy/homeristic posts in the webzone, especially during the awful offseason, and it's nice to get a different perspective on things from another view point. Plus, I'm an NFL fan in general, so I like to know what's going on with other teams, especially a heavyweight in my team's division. Helps my fantasy knowledge as well haha. Although I gotta say, I read some of the posts that some people make here and it makes me rage :lol:
    User avatar
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:22 pm
  • I don't get the automatic hate for enemy fans coming here, either. If you come to hate an enemy poster because of things they've been saying or whatever, that's different; but seeing a non-Seahawks fan here and ragging on them to leave without having seen even one post by them, that's just...I don't get it.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31067
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:35 pm
  • Agreed.

    Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure it wasn't what either of us were expecting at first haha.
    User avatar
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:I'd much rather have Kaep's antics (if you even wanna call em that) over Sherm's. Kaep is a classy guy that likes to party...so what?


    The problem is the position and the importance of the payer. I like Sherman and don't always like his talking but he is a corner back and no matter how good, the team could survive without him. He is also a team leader and backs his mouth up so it is easier to accept but if he were to start to struggle and kept talking, he would lose the fans real quick.

    Kaep is the QB and suppose to be the top level team leader and is constantly doing things that make him look immature. His players are even stepping in and counseling him like you would a young player on the team not like you should expect from the guy who is suppose to be the absolute leader and field general.

    If he were our QB I would love his highlight reel but would be very worried about his future because the guy is giving reasons to question if he is mature enough for the game and if he continues with those antic's he will slowly lose the support of his team mates, especially if he struggles at all.

    Point though is if my QB was doing the things Kaep is it would bug me one hell of alot more than a CB talking some trash.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4227
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm
  • Alkasquawlik wrote:His NFL accolades as a player include a Pro Bowl nomination, NFL Comeback Player of the Year, runner up in the NFL MVP (1995). He is also in the Colts' Ring of Honor and has the second highest completions for the Bears as well, behind Jay Cutler. 14+ seasons too. Would've played in the Super Bowl too, if not for a dropped Hail Mary pass.

    Maybe not the HIGHEST level, but to say it was at the "most average level" the whole time shows your bias against the Niners and Harbaugh. I would consider his career to be above average when compared against all the other NFL players in the league at the time.

    Shrug.


    You misread the emphasis that doesn't come through on the interwebz. Not the "most average level", but "At the most, average..." It's just that a comma wouldn't work in my sentence as written. I don't think I'b brag about being second to Cutler in just about anything, myself. That's like being slightly worse than Romo.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6071
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I don't get the automatic hate for enemy fans coming here, either. If you come to hate an enemy poster because of things they've been saying or whatever, that's different; but seeing a non-Seahawks fan here and ragging on them to leave without having seen even one post by them, that's just...I don't get it.


    No fan base takes on the image of its exceptions.
    The only concern I have and I mean only is that Bevell will get cute and pass even though Lynch is gaining yardage. 1/30/2015 - loaf
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Lake Tapps, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:23 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    heyu123 wrote:Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

    the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.

    This is true. There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers. His name is BJ daniels and I'm pretty sure he'll be the 3rd QB. He'll be a big fan favorite there if or when Kaepernick doesnt do well.


    I like Daniels and all, but to call him a Russell Wilson clone is a bit much.

    Height, weight, very good speed (not as good as Russell) and I haven't seen his arm yet, but on paper (i.e. what journalists have said) it's pretty strong. Russell is going to be very productive this year if you guy's keep Harvin healthy and the rest of the young WR's and TE's you have continue to improve.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    heyu123 wrote:Even if Russell Wilson played for the 49ers? I highly doubt it

    I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.


    When did Harbag ever play at the highest level? He was in the NFL alright, but his play was at the most average level the whole time, while his douchebaggery just grew and grew. And if RW would be so much more advanced than he is now, how is it that The Crappernik took a year and a half to be not quite as good or advanced?

    Harbs has developed some very good QB's. I think if Harbaugh had Russell as his QB, he'd have given the whole playbook to Russell at the outset instead of waiting till half the season was over before taking off the training wheels.

    As for Harbaugh the QB, 14+ years in the NFL is a ton of experience, plus all the different offensive systems he's been in will help him design a system perfectly tailored for Russell. Again, nothing against Bevell and Smith, but if he can take a journeman QB and turn him into a Conference championship QB, imagine what he could do with somebody like Russell.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Decimation wrote:
    Giedi wrote:There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    I wouldn't laugh too hard if I were you. Harbaugh has a lifetime winning percentage of .700+ Pete is a d@mn fine Defensive Coach, but it's a quarterback centered league now and while Pete was a pretty good defensive coach for the 49ers under Seifert and learned the ins and outs of the WCO under Seifert, his particular QB heritage isn't as rich (in my opinion) when compared to Harbaugh's pupils.

    Just an opinion. Don't string me up yet! :mrgreen: At least wait till the regular season!
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:11 pm
  • I'd rather not listen to this after a defeat.



    Of course, given the choice of Kaepernick over a bunch of other prospective starters like Matt Flynn or Brandon Weeden - and I'd go for Kaep. But thankfully I/we don't have to consider that. We have a QB who lives, breathes, sleeps Seahawks football and doesn't waste his time chatting up 5/10's and wearing his pants off his arse.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    Decimation wrote:
    Giedi wrote:There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    I wouldn't laugh too hard if I were you. Harbaugh has a lifetime winning percentage of .700+ Pete is a d@mn fine Defensive Coach, but it's a quarterback centered league now and while Pete was a pretty good defensive coach for the 49ers under Seifert and learned the ins and outs of the WCO under Seifert, his particular QB heritage isn't as rich (in my opinion) when compared to Harbaugh's pupils.

    Just an opinion. Don't string me up yet! :mrgreen: At least wait till the regular season!


    Harbafreak is a gold mine of laughs that only grows stronger as time passes. We love the guy.
    The only concern I have and I mean only is that Bevell will get cute and pass even though Lynch is gaining yardage. 1/30/2015 - loaf
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Lake Tapps, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:52 pm
  • Giedi wrote:I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.


    This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

    For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

    How much better exactly could Wilson be realistically?

    If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

    And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

    For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:21 pm
  • kearly wrote:IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

    If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.



    No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

    I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

    Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

    Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

    XOXO

    JJ Stokes
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15446
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:50 pm
  • Exactly
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3500
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:51 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    kearly wrote:IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

    If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.



    No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

    I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

    Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

    Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

    XOXO

    JJ Stokes


    No wonder some of you are over confident on your chances next season if you guys share this guys opinion.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:56 pm
  • I don't really care who doesn't share that opinion, they're wrong.

    XOXO

    "This Guy"
    Last edited by pehawk on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15446
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:01 pm
  • Exactly
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3500
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:08 pm
  • Kap, like Marino, will retire with no Lombardi's BUT a real cool record (all time rushing yards as a QB). The Dolphins hat makes total sense now.

    Hawk Strap....?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15446
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Yep.

    To make it simple for our 49er friends. Wilson is Montana, Papaki is Favre.

    Wilson is Brady, Papaki is Peyton Manning.

    That OLine of SF is better than the old Fouts line, he will get away with a lot. But a true legend is unique and redefines greatness.

    Papaki will rush for 190 yards in a blowout.

    Wilson will rush for 15 yards and 4 first downs.

    It is all about will and heart. Russell Wilson has no peer.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3500
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:29 pm
  • I personally would've gone "Wilson is Aikman, Papki is Farve". Makes more sense, you know, like career years and all. But, I understand you had to throw out logic so a CERTAIN portion of this community could follow along.

    Dave Krieg was also better than Harbaugh as a player. I'm saying that for no other reason than Mudbone should be interjected into any and all threads AND it’s apropos since a new member professed his love for Harbaugh the Colt and Bear (no Charger references?).

    Yours Truly,

    Jim Drunkenmiller
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15446
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:39 pm
  • Aikman was the better move.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3500
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:51 pm
  • That's right!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 11454
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:58 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    kearly wrote:IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

    If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove.I Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.



    No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

    I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

    Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

    Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

    XOXO

    JJ Stokes
    Don't hold back there.:)
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12432
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:11 pm
  • Hawk Strap wrote:Yep.

    To make it simple for our 49er friends. Wilson is Montana, Papaki is Favre.

    Wilson is Brady, Papaki is Peyton Manning.

    That OLine of SF is better than the old Fouts line, he will get away with a lot. But a true legend is unique and redefines greatness.

    Papaki will rush for 190 yards in a blowout.

    Wilson will rush for 15 yards and 4 first downs.

    It is all about will and heart. Russell Wilson has no peer.

    Exactly, but would add that Wilson is Aikman also, no eye popping statistics just going to win multiple Superbowls. The 1990's Cowboys and the current iteration of the Seahawks are incredibly similar just check the history of that team compared to ours. Now imagine if Jimmy Johnson didn't have to deal with an egomaniacal owner...
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12432
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Exactly
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3500
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:14 pm
  • The NFL Forum here should be renamed 49ers forum. The top 5-6 topics on here are related about the 49ers, Kaepernick, Harbaugh etc. It seems Seahawk fans spend a lot more time thinking/discussing the 49ers than the 49ers' fans do about the Seahawks.
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:17 pm
  • I think 90% of the Seahawk fans are lying to themselves in this thread. If Kaepernick was our quarterback, and he was leading our team to wins we would love him. Including his bicep kissing. Most of us would love the amount of brashness our starting QB was bringing to the team.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23343
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I think 90% of the Seahawk fans are lying to themselves in this thread. If Kaepernick was our quarterback, and he was leading our team to wins we would love him. Including his bicep kissing. Most of us would love the amount of brashness our starting QB was bringing to the team.


    That's truth.

    What I said too.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15446
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:34 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    Decimation wrote:Thanks for the laugh.

    I wouldn't laugh too hard if I were you. Harbaugh has a lifetime winning percentage of .700+ Pete is a d@mn fine Defensive Coach, but it's a quarterback centered league now and while Pete was a pretty good defensive coach for the 49ers under Seifert and learned the ins and outs of the WCO under Seifert, his particular QB heritage isn't as rich (in my opinion) when compared to Harbaugh's pupils.

    Just an opinion. Don't string me up yet! :mrgreen: At least wait till the regular season!


    Harbafreak is a gold mine of laughs that only grows stronger as time passes. We love the guy.

    Sherman is a pretty interesting fellow too. There are characters that we all love to hate on both teams. No surprise there. What I will say is that what really matters is what happens on the gridiron. Both sides can talk all they want about all the bulletin board board materials that each team puts up there for the other team, but it becomes worthless if it doesn't win the game for the respective teams.

    Personally, it's the matchups that concern me. I think the Seahawks have a fine QB, and a very strong running game, those kinds of matchups concern me more than who said what to who on what radio or tv station.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I think 90% of the Seahawk fans are lying to themselves in this thread. If Kaepernick was our quarterback, and he was leading our team to wins we would love him. Including his bicep kissing. Most of us would love the amount of brashness our starting QB was bringing to the team.

    My original post is upthread (I said I would never mind if Kaep were ours but I would have huge issues with his demeanor) so to be clear if this were the shack I would say far more than...what an asinine statement. I prefer Wilson because I grew up in San Francisco when Montana played and Wilson is a mirror image of him he has the mental part of game down cold while Kaep like Cam have the physicality down like Elway and Marino. He will be successful it's just that he will need to get out of the NFCW and maybe the NFC to really have a chance.:)

    And for the poster above if you have an issue talking about your rival in a open NFL forum and about the only team and organization fully capable of stopping our probable dominance and possible dynasty then just wait to July 24th when we get to talk about reality again. Relax hon the season is coming fast and Sept 15 should get you in the correct frame of mind.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12432
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:03 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Giedi wrote:I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.


    This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

    For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

    How much better exactly could Wilson be realistically?

    If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

    And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

    For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.


    I only watched a couple of russell's games, so I clearly dont' know his game as completely as you do. What I will say is that between the Redskin playoff game and the Atlanta Playoff game, there was that turnover by Wilson. Not saying Harbaugh would have had done a better job of coaching vs bevel and smith, but that was the difference between the Redskin game and the Atlanta game, I think. Wilson had no turnovers vs the Redskins while he had one against Atlanta. His game can improve, as young as he is, and as fantastic a QB he is already. All the young QB's can improve their game with better coaching.

    Now the real question you are asking is why would Harbaugh be a better coach than Bevell? Personally, I think the difference would be on the O Line. I think either you'd have better O line personnel or deeper O Line depth. Both Bevell and Harbaugh believe a QBs best friend is a good strong running game, and while Bevell would probably scheme as well as anybody in the NFL, he's not the HC. I believe that Bevell, if he was HC (like Harbaugh is) would have shored up that O Line. Again, I have nothing but respect for what Bevell did in Green Bay, Minnesota, and with you last year. I'm a bit disappointed that the lack of depth on the Seattle O Line wasn't addressed real well this year.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:06 pm
  • mretrade wrote:The NFL Forum here should be renamed 49ers forum. The top 5-6 topics on here are related about the 49ers, Kaepernick, Harbaugh etc. It seems Seahawk fans spend a lot more time thinking/discussing the 49ers than the 49ers' fans do about the Seahawks.



    You have to admit that most of that has to do with the Niners fans her keeping threads going.
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1692
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:13 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Giedi wrote:I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.


    This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

    For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

    How much better exactly could Wilson be realistically?

    If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

    And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

    For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.


    I only watched a couple of russell's games, so I clearly dont' know his game as completely as you do. What I will say is that between the Redskin playoff game and the Atlanta Playoff game, there was that turnover by Wilson. Not saying Harbaugh would have had done a better job of coaching vs bevel and smith, but that was the difference between the Redskin game and the Atlanta game, I think. Wilson had no turnovers vs the Redskins while he had one against Atlanta. His game can improve, as young as he is, and as fantastic a QB he is already. All the young QB's can improve their game with better coaching.



    You mean the interception that Wilson threw on a hail mary at the end of the game? Why would you hold that against him?
    User avatar
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1692
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:21 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:You mean the interception that Wilson threw on a hail mary at the end of the game? Why would you hold that against him?


    Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus both ignore interceptions thrown by QBs if they are behind in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, lol. Nobody should hold Hail Mary ints at the end of a game against any QB.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31067
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    kearly wrote:IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

    If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.



    No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

    I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

    Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

    Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

    XOXO

    JJ Stokes


    I think both QB's are fantastic QB's. I agree and say Wilson would be awesome in the 49er offense, and I will venture out a guess that Colin would do as well in the Seattle offense too, at his stage of development. The pistol fits perfectly with what they do, and with both QB's having a powerful ground game and great mobility, that read-option really gives defenses a lot of headaches. A win depends on good play from all phases of the game, the fact that both teams have great QB's doesn't mean they win the game, even Terry Bradshaw and Ben Rothlesburger lost games despite throwing 300+ yards. I would call the offenses even, and the difference being the other phases of the game.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:You mean the interception that Wilson threw on a hail mary at the end of the game? Why would you hold that against him?


    Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus both ignore interceptions thrown by QBs if they are behind in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, lol. Nobody should hold Hail Mary ints at the end of a game against any QB.


    True, not all turnovers are created equal, and I've tried finding an article I read a long time ago on Bill Walsh and first half turnovers. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The gist of it was that turnovers in general are bad, and turnovers at the end of the first half, specially passing interceptions are really bad. I can't remember much of the article but what I remember was that it kills momentum, if you have it, and retards momentum in the 2nd half if it happens.

    Anyway, the bottom line is that Seattle wasn't able to score in the first half, while the 49ers were able to. Also the 49er qb didn't throw an interception.

    Giedi
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I think 90% of the Seahawk fans are lying to themselves in this thread. If Kaepernick was our quarterback, and he was leading our team to wins we would love him. Including his bicep kissing. Most of us would love the amount of brashness our starting QB was bringing to the team.



    Most. But not all.


    I could dislike Bosworth off the field, and still cheer his play on it. A douche bag is a douche bag.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    User avatar
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3597
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:30 am
  • Giedi wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:You mean the interception that Wilson threw on a hail mary at the end of the game? Why would you hold that against him?


    Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus both ignore interceptions thrown by QBs if they are behind in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, lol. Nobody should hold Hail Mary ints at the end of a game against any QB.


    True, not all turnovers are created equal, and I've tried finding an article I read a long time ago on Bill Walsh and first half turnovers. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The gist of it was that turnovers in general are bad, and turnovers at the end of the first half, specially passing interceptions are really bad. I can't remember much of the article but what I remember was that it kills momentum, if you have it, and retards momentum in the 2nd half if it happens.

    Anyway, the bottom line is that Seattle wasn't able to score in the first half, while the 49ers were able to. Also the 49er qb didn't throw an interception.

    Giedi

    You should have stopped at I only watched a couple of Russell games, it was the end of your credibility.
    I watched every Hawk game. Every Kaepernick game. Every Luck game. Every RGIII game.

    And I still can't tell you which one will be the best. But I can tell you it won't be Kaepernick. Part of the reason I think your coach is a genius is that he (and one of the best O-lines in all ball) hide Kaepernick's flaws well. Now, in Kaep's defense I have disliked a lot about him since his senior bowl week so I have a bias, but it isn't a Niner thing. The other 3? I love their mental approach to the game.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14798
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 am
  • Geidi do you know what a hail Mary is? Your making it very obvious that you went to the stat sheet to try and dig something up you could use but all you accomplished is to make yourself look uniformed.

    As for the scoring or not in the first half Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle compliments of FedEx field and had a critical fumble in that game. We also were on week two of back to back east coast travel and playing at a 10:00am start. Comparatively your offense was basically healthy minus Manningham and Williams of which neither were starters or game changers, playing your first week of travel at a later start time.

    How do you think you would have done if Gore wete playing injured? Or at a 10:00am start? Remember the only team you could beat at 10:00am was the Jets.

    The whole season was a hairs breath from us being the #2 seed and you being the #5. If you had to play NE or GB at 10:00am that probably isn't the case.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4227
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Giedi wrote:[quote="RolandDeschain]
    Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus both ignore interceptions thrown by QBs if they are behind in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, lol. Nobody should hold Hail Mary ints at the end of a game against any QB.[/quote]

    True, not all turnovers are created equal, and I've tried finding an article I read a long time ago on Bill Walsh and first half turnovers. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The gist of it was that turnovers in general are bad, and turnovers at the end of the first half, specially passing interceptions are really bad. I can't remember much of the article but what I remember was that it kills momentum, if you have it, and retards momentum in the 2nd half if it happens.

    Anyway, the bottom line is that Seattle wasn't able to score in the first half, while the 49ers were able to. Also the 49er qb didn't throw an interception.

    Giedi[/quote]
    You should have stopped at I only watched a couple of Russell games, it was the end of your credibility.
    I watched every Hawk game. Every Kaepernick game. Every Luck game. Every RGIII game.

    And I still can't tell you which one will be the best. But I can tell you it won't be Kaepernick. Part of the reason I think your coach is a genius is that he (and one of the best O-lines in all ball) hide Kaepernick's flaws well. Now, in Kaep's defense I have disliked a lot about him since his senior bowl week so I have a bias, but it isn't a Niner thing. The other 3? I love their mental approach to the game.[/quote]

    I admitted that I didn't watch a lot of Russell. I was up front with that. What I will say about Russell is that - like any other QB in the NFL - pressure will make their QB rating drop. Same with Kaepernick. The point I'm trying to make is that O line affects the QB as much as a good WR will. The 49ers have solid O Lines, and up and comming Wr's. Russell has the Wr's with Harvin and Harper, but as formidable as your offfense is, I think the achillies heel will be that O line. I'm not saying your team will underperform, but an injury to Clemons and all of a sudden the Seahawk defense became ordinary. An injury to a key O line player might take Russel from godlike to merely very good. One reason Seattle didn't get to the superbowl was lack of championship depth.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...
Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 am
  • Giedi wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Giedi wrote:I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.


    This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

    For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

    How much better exactly could Wilson be realistically?

    If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

    And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

    For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.


    I only watched a couple of russell's games, so I clearly dont' know his game as completely as you do. What I will say is that between the Redskin playoff game and the Atlanta Playoff game, there was that turnover by Wilson. Not saying Harbaugh would have had done a better job of coaching vs bevel and smith, but that was the difference between the Redskin game and the Atlanta game, I think. Wilson had no turnovers vs the Redskins while he had one against Atlanta. His game can improve, as young as he is, and as fantastic a QB he is already. All the young QB's can improve their game with better coaching.

    Now the real question you are asking is why would Harbaugh be a better coach than Bevell? Personally, I think the difference would be on the O Line. I think either you'd have better O line personnel or deeper O Line depth. Both Bevell and Harbaugh believe a QBs best friend is a good strong running game, and while Bevell would probably scheme as well as anybody in the NFL, he's not the HC. I believe that Bevell, if he was HC (like Harbaugh is) would have shored up that O Line. Again, I have nothing but respect for what Bevell did in Green Bay, Minnesota, and with you last year. I'm a bit disappointed that the lack of depth on the Seattle O Line wasn't addressed real well this year.



    No, the request I made was for you to give me specific examples where Harbaugh's influence would've led to a superior performance from Wilson last year compared to the collective efforts of Carroll, Bevell and Cable. And I'm still waiting.

    I'm not being funny, but you're clearly well out of your depth commenting on the Seahawks. As others have noted, the "turnover" against Atlanta was a hail mary final play of the game. Clearly you're just looking at the box score and cobbling together an opinion on the move. And Seattle's offensive line was more than adequate last year, so the whole second paragraph makes no sense to me at all.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 46 guests