Corperate NFL ownership?

chris98251

Reaction score
Read a story about the worth and cost of a NFL team, they are talking about changeing the principle ownership to a lower amount, used to be like 50 percent and they are looking at a reduction since the cost of a team is so high now say like 30 or 25 percent. They were also saying that due to the high cost and value that instead of individual owners they may start looking at Corperate team ownership. So stating that you could have Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon or Google buy a team.

I can see all sorts of wrong with this based on the current Corperate corruption we see today, especially Banks. Bank of America owning the Cowboys. How would you feel about the integrity of the game?

Anyway thought it might be a interesting topic to discuss and or think about. Given our owners worth and the rest of the league wanting to figure a way to keep up with the Allens of the world on the professional sports scene I could see something like this happening.

sutz

Reaction score
I'll give that a :pukeface: . Just look at the Mariners to see how corporate ownership looks in professional sports.

Johnny

Reaction score
-Roger Goodell wants an 18 games season.
-Roger wants complete control over the physicality of the game which is turning this game into two-hand touch.
-Roger wants to put an NFL team in London, Mexico, and who knows where else.
-Now they want to cooperatives ownership in the NFL?

This would open up the door for many companies that have no idea what the NFL is all about, I hate this idea. Just think about if Disney owned an NFL team, How soft would that team be?

These are things that will destroy this game which is the most popular game in this country, and it kills me to even think about what this game will turn into in 5-10 years.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I dont get it. There are 32 teams all with ownership and they are all can't lose profitable. Why change?

pehawk

Reaction score
Glad to know I wasn't wrong when I hated the Goodell hire.

What a dumb idea. Sherman would be unemployed, at least by a corporation.

Good post, Chris.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":7dxwsrlk said:
Read a story about the worth and cost of a NFL team, they are talking about changeing the principle ownership to a lower amount, used to be like 50 percent and they are looking at a reduction since the cost of a team is so high now say like 30 or 25 percent. They were also saying that due to the high cost and value that instead of individual owners they may start looking at Corperate team ownership. So stating that you could have Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon or Google buy a team.

I can see all sorts of wrong with this based on the current Corperate corruption we see today, especially Banks. Bank of America owning the Cowboys. How would you feel about the integrity of the game?

Anyway thought it might be a interesting topic to discuss and or think about. Given our owners worth and the rest of the league wanting to figure a way to keep up with the Allens of the world on the professional sports scene I could see something like this happening.
I probably am not allowed to use this pair of words, but what the f*ck and what b*llsh*t. Excuse me while I puke in the corner.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Johnny":h1wpxo4j said:
-Roger Goodell wants an 18 games season.
-Roger wants complete control over the physicality of the game which is turning this game into two-hand touch.
-Roger wants to put an NFL team in London, Mexico, and who knows where else.
-Now they want to cooperatives ownership in the NFL?

This would open up the door for many companies that have no idea what the NFL is all about, I hate this idea. Just think about if Disney owned asn NFL team, How soft would that team be?

These are things that will destroy this game which is the most popular game in this country, and it kills me to even think about what this game will turn into in 5-10 years.
Soccer? Given that is the world's most popular sport and the money makes even the NFL second class at best....