Von Miller Facing 4 game suspension

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wait, I thought it was only the Seahawks who were the problem with this while everyone else was clean? Do we have to sign Von Miller now?

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Giants Safety failed for "adderal too" and the Giants have now had only 1 or 2 less than us over the last few years and it gets swept under the rug.

Funny how long it has taken for Seattle to get media love, and when they do they are the first ones to be thrown under the bus. While teams like SF and NYG get a pass everytime.

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3g27je8k said:
Was just coming to post this. I have no problem telling you that I hope it holds up. Denver look a dangerous team next season.

Until it counts. That Manning will always spaz out a bit in the clutch...and I'm convinced no one's seen Dan Reeves and John Fox in the same room before.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hope SF fans don't get wind of this. Would hate to crush their hopes/dreams that only Seattle has a PED problem..

pehawk

Reaction score
0/4 in HS Championships, the elder Manning was, IIRC. Tee Martin won Peyton's championship for him at Tenn.

The only reason Manning got his ring was Hoody's ballsy 4th down play and the fact Brady LITERALLY (or figuratively) had no WR's that year.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes, and I published that in 2006 when I wrote for this fine site (that Eli would finish with more rings). It was a tough first couple years though, it looked very ill informed originally.

MagHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2tmjcjyp said:
I'm rooting for the Chargers to win the AFC West.

I always do. The only team in that division I don't have an intense hatred for.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I love how Football is a team sport, unless we're talking about QBs.

QB wins and losses are as stupid as pitcher wins and losses.

pehawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":3tiheqk8 said:
I love how Football is a team sport, unless we're talking about QBs.

QB wins and losses are as stupid as pitcher wins and losses.

Well, yeah, of course. But, there's no OTHER positon in sports equal to the quarterback. You know that, quit trolling.

I love you, btw.

mikeak

Reaction score
Anybody that saw the Denver-Ravens game and blames the loss on Peyton sees the game of football very differently than I do.........

Since the HGH revision will be coming anytime the next 15 years I wish the NFL would just also add in making it public what people were caught for. They are currently enabling the cheaters with the way the system is setup

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":own326wf said:
Anybody that saw the Denver-Ravens game and blames the loss on Peyton sees the game of football very differently than I do.........

Since the HGH revision will be coming anytime the next 15 years I wish the NFL would just also add in making it public what people were caught for. They are currently enabling the cheaters with the way the system is setup

I dont think anyone said that. Maybe you're too young to get my Reeve's/Fox comparison? That's who's at fault there.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3jbnxywv said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9498862/von-miller-denver-broncos-faces-suspension-sources

looks like he will appeal but it is likely the 4 games for Substance policy violation and of course like everyone else will claim it's adderall
Sarlacc83":3jbnxywv said:
Wait, I thought it was only the Seahawks who were the problem with this while everyone else was clean? Do we have to sign Von Miller now?
Wenhawk":3jbnxywv said:
Giants Safety failed for "adderal too" and the Giants have now had only 1 or 2 less than us over the last few years and it gets swept under the rug.

Funny how long it has taken for Seattle to get media love, and when they do they are the first ones to be thrown under the bus. While teams like SF and NYG get a pass everytime.
hawker84":3jbnxywv said:
Hope SF fans don't get wind of this. Would hate to crush their hopes/dreams that only Seattle has a PED problem..

For the most part this forum seems extremely uneducated on NFL policies. It is no wonder why the Seahawks are what is blasted on the media. No wonder the rest of the league gives the fan base so much grief. It's because a large part of the fan base goes around crying foul with out knowing what they were talking about.

There are two different policies. Substance Abuse and Performance Enhancing. At this point is is stated that Von Miller was busted for a Substance abuse. As long as they continue to claim substance abuse policy, we are talking about something like Marijuana use here. Giants Hill who was busted a second time yesterday was busted for substance abuse this time... we are talking something like Marijuana, not PEDs.

What the Seahawks players have been constantly been busted for is related to the Policy on Performance Enhancing drugs. And yes, as one poster insinuated above... adderall was given as a likely fake "PED" to cover up what was really taken.

Substance abuse is drugs... marijuana is a popular reason in these cases. Policy on Performance Enhancing Drugs is related to "PEDs" used to better your play on the field and seen as "cheating".

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":3ou8bbtu said:
mikeak":3ou8bbtu said:

I dont think anyone said that. Maybe you're too young to get my Reeve's/Fox comparison? That's who's at fault there.

I read the "spaz out" part as blaming the qb - my bad apparently

Seahawksflow -- not an issue of being uneducated. An issue of skimming through something to quickly. Thanks for pointing it out but also pretty sure that 99% of us would have gotten your point if you said - "guys read it carefully it says substance abuse policy not performance enhancing drug policy".......

rideaducati

Reaction score
This dude tested positive in 2011 and he is just NOW getting suspended? The bronco organization sure hides things well. First, the dui that their personnel director got a month earlier and now Miller's positive drug test from TWO years ago.

Looks like the NFL was doing everything in their power to give the broncos and Manning every opportunity to win. Looks like special treatment.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
gaints and broncos = more ped suspensions than the seahawks but everyone will still talk about us as being the egregious offenders because pete carroll didn't want to watch his career go down the toilet because someone bought reggie bush a used land cruiser while he was in college.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
mikeak":15ewn5ws said:
Seahawksflow -- not an issue of being uneducated. An issue of skimming through something to quickly. Thanks for pointing it out but also pretty sure that 99% of us would have gotten your point if you said - "guys read it carefully it says substance abuse policy not performance enhancing drug policy".......

The problem is its not just this thread... or the post two after yours that clearly shows people still don't understand the process. Its been the entire last couple years. Its not a matter of "skimming" articles. The OP clearly states in his one sentence post "Substance policy". Maybe for you it is skimming, maybe you didn't read the OP's sentence, and skimmed the article. But for a large group on here it is definitely not a matter of skimming. It's a matter of gross misunderstanding of the policies. All the way from which policies mean what and are related to what offenses... to policies related to fact checking "leaks" of what players actually took.