John Abraham To The Cards.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Didn't see how much.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
DE John Abraham has just signed with #Cardinals, I'm told. It's a 2-year deal. And his FA odyssey is over.

And from nfl.com

Abraham is an intriguing addition for Arizona's 3-4 scheme. He played for years in Atlanta's four-man front, but will make the switch to outside linebacker with the Cardinals. He's an upgrade over Sam Acho and Lorenzo Alexander, who won't be mistaken as pass-rushing threats.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -cardinals?
campaign=Twitter_atl

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m
Cardinals are still finalizing small details with John Abraham but the 2-year deal is expected to be worth roughly $6M

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Along with the deal for Winston, I think the Cards become respectable this year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Good deal for them, but I get the impression there's something wrong with Abraham, too. Can't believe he was FA for that long.

heyu123

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2yizyaqg said:
Along with the deal for Winston, I think the Cards become respectable this year.

The offense is still going to be a train wreck. The ol is somewhat improved but still not very good and Palmer is not the type of qb that can function under those circumstances.

I'd say they're still short of respectable. But they may be the best last place team in the NFL for whatever that's worth.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I wonder what they do at LT. Are they going to try and move Massie over there? He improved rapidly at RT at the end of last season even though he looked lost early on. Are they going to move Winston or Massie inside and let Brown stick at LT? Will they move Brown inside and move Winston or Massie to LT (the former would be a bad move, the latter would be...interesting).

This should be a pretty interesting camp for all those guys they have. The line isn't a complete dumpster fire at this point. They have some decent talent. If they can figure out where to put Brown to deemphasize his inability to pass block and emphasize his run blocking, which is very good, they could be onto something.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ojfksli said:
Good deal for them, but I get the impression there's something wrong with Abraham, too. Can't believe he was FA for that long.

Well if he wanted $8-$10 million for 2 years then that would explain it. He was due $5.75 million in Atlanta so I am sure he wanted more than $3 million / year now......

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
heyu123":19bqujmj said:
EverydayImRusselin":19bqujmj said:

The offense is still going to be a train wreck. The ol is somewhat improved but still not very good and Palmer is not the type of qb that can function under those circumstances.

I'd say they're still short of respectable. But they may be the best last place team in the NFL for whatever that's worth.

I disagree. With Cooper and now Winston they can shuffle the other guys around. Colledge isn't half bad and Brown should be a half decent LT. I'm not saying their line is SFesque now, but it shouldn't be ranked in the 30's anymore. That will help Mendenhall/Williams/whoever is the RB as well. Also, just not having that historically bad QB combo from last year will improve the line.

I don't think they are going to go 9-7 or anything but they will still have a great D (they did draft heavily on D as well) and now a potentially average offense, which is a huge improvement over last year.