Eagles Riley Cooper being racist

CPHawk

Reaction score

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Why would he need to repair it in Philly? They'll probably love him more for it.

Edit: talking about the fans, not the players.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3tvtc49g said:
Why would he need to repair it in Philly? They'll probably love him more for it.

Really? Never been there but I thought a big part of Philly's population was African American?

Sac

Reaction score
Greenhell":3r58v4to said:
Sarlacc83":3r58v4to said:

Really? Never been there but I thought a big part of Philly's population was African American?

Only the poor, and we all know that the poor aren't actually "people".

drdiags

Reaction score
Looking at this follow-up by deadspin

Riley was going xxxxxx nuts because he wasn't allowed backstage. He didn't have passes like some of the other players and was SO pissed that the stadium people wouldn't let him back just because he was Riley Cooper.

He had had been drinking since 11 AM (Kenny didn't go on until 8.

Maybe the N-word was just anybody preventing him from hanging with his boy Chesney?

http://deadspin.com/riley-cooper-was-pissed-he-couldnt-go-backstage-at-ken-981432082

The great divide.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3jmd0p3b said:
Greenhell":3jmd0p3b said:
Sarlacc83":3jmd0p3b said:

Only the poor, and we all know that the poor aren't actually "people".

Well, in that case. Nevermind.

drdiags

Reaction score
Upon further review, the latest has him admitting the stage security was African-American. Said he never used the term before. Good enough for me. Sure he feels bad and if he doesn't, that is on him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Shame we don't play the Eagles this year, I'd love to see Kam put him on a stretcher

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't see how a racist could make it through HS, NCAA and eventually to the NFL. He's an idiot, but I'm not sure he's a racist. Maybe?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Should follow Sherman's example and say "brother" instead of the N word, that makes it OK.

mikeak

Reaction score
So he managed to hold back on his racist feelings until now. If I get into a fight with a black person then there is no way I will use the n-word. It won't matter how drunk I am - it is a derogatory word that doesn't express my feelings. I will be mad at a person and I will call him names that I think he is and maybe insult his family but that will be it in regards to the name calling.

So when a guy gets in someone's face and they resort to this language to me this is how they feel and what they believe. This does in fact make him a racist even if he restrained from using this before now, even if he worked with african americans throughout his career. This is who he is.

Now I am not saying he should get fired - he has a right to be a racist but his excuse is hollow and doesn't carry any weight with me. I also find it extremely stupid considering that he works within a field that is filled with people that are allowed to hit him hard and will now be extra motivated to hit him hard..........

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
This guy is a pussy. How many black guys could he have been threatening at a Kenny Chesney concert?

I will fight any 45 year old man at a Bieber concert.

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1b45owpl said:
So he managed to hold back on his racist feelings until now. If I get into a fight with a black person then there is no way I will use the n-word. It won't matter how drunk I am - it is a derogatory word that doesn't express my feelings. I will be mad at a person and I will call him names that I think he is and maybe insult his family but that will be it in regards to the name calling.

So when a guy gets in someone's face and they resort to this language to me this is how they feel and what they believe. This does in fact make him a racist even if he restrained from using this before now, even if he worked with african americans throughout his career. This is who he is.

Now I am not saying he should get fired - he has a right to be a racist but his excuse is hollow and doesn't carry any weight with me. I also find it extremely stupid considering that he works within a field that is filled with people that are allowed to hit him hard and will now be extra motivated to hit him hard..........

Umm, you're wrong. The first thing ALWAYS said in a interracial fight is a racial slur. That's not even theory, its scientific law. All races do that.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Until hollywood & black pop-culture gets called out for using the term in every other sentence, song lyric and movie scene, not gonna call a drunk football player at a concert a racist. Run a microphone through a crowd at a little wayne concert and give me a nickel for everytime you hear it. I'd be driving a Lambo tomorrow.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":13m4z4d4 said:
Until hollywood & black pop-culture gets called out for using the term in every other sentence, song lyric and movie scene, not gonna call a drunk football player at a concert a racist. Run a microphone through a crowd at a little wayne concert and give me a nickel for everytime you hear it. I'd be driving a Lambo tomorrow.

Big difference between a black person saying "*****" and a white person saying "******".

As for Cooper...it doesn't make him racist. Everyone's said some pretty crazy, inappropriate stuff when they're drunk and ready to fight.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
LawlessHawk":2uvn6vvs said:

Context: What is it and how does it work?