(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...

djTOY2000

Reaction score
getting a new line up of some of my sports art memorabilia going, this time laying it down in acrylic on 36"x24" canvas...

sneak peek after about 40hrs over the past 5 days...

1157633_10151810738324743_668977956_n.jpg

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3pxfccnh said:
keep us posted

being that it's gonna be an all-nighter working on this... anyone know where i can score some adderall ? i need to stay focused :stirthepot:

HansGruber

Reaction score
Wow. That's really awesome. You've got some real talent. Did you freehand the illustration or is it from a photograph?

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
HansGruber":2f3b3u2y said:
Wow. That's really awesome. You've got some real talent. Did you freehand the illustration or is it from a photograph?

combination of both to an extent... mainly looking at photos to get an idea going, and then it's off to the races and the sketching begins, and my mind kinda starts going in different directions, wanting to add this, how this color should flop as the roll comes to its highest peak, i dunno how to describe it, it just happens... never have i ever taken schooling or courses to learn this stuff. In highschool i was basically teaching my art class, not the teacher

uncle fester

Reaction score
That's some beautiful work there, sir. Acrylics are a complete mystery to me.

I had an idea of doing something to celebrate the upcoming season, but this is making me think twice!

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
uncle fester":3bus2ebr said:

I had an idea of doing something to celebrate the upcoming season, but this is making me think twice!

thanks fester, what did you have in mind ?

uncle fester

Reaction score
djTOY2000":16l5fuzn said:
uncle fester":16l5fuzn said:

thanks fester, what did you have in mind ?

I've got a city skyline/2013/Earl Thomas montage on the go. Pencil/ink, with digital colour to follow. Will post up a preview when it's vaguely presentable.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
djTOY2000":355g7plz said:
HansGruber":355g7plz said:

combination of both to an extent... mainly looking at photos to get an idea going, and then it's off to the races and the sketching begins, and my mind kinda starts going in different directions, wanting to add this, how this color should flop as the roll comes to its highest peak, i dunno how to describe it, it just happens... never have i ever taken schooling or courses to learn this stuff. In highschool i was basically teaching my art class, not the teacher

You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":a30bpihm said:
You and I have a lot in common. From one artist to another, I am very impressed with your talent. Oh, and real artistic talent cannot be taught...You are born with it. I drew everything well, Human faces, Horses(my obsession), and cattle. There was no way to describe how I did things and why I did them..You can learn technique with mediums but your perception of shading, color, proportions and details is something that is already in you. Great work. Keep it up. :th2thumbs:

AWESOME to hear that, and to have someone know what i am talking about and is on the same level

Greenhell

Reaction score
That looks awesome so far. You're gonna have to make prints once its done. I'd be interested.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
djTOY2000":1qguccdr said:
Seahwkgal":1qguccdr said:

AWESOME to hear that, and to have someone know what i am talking about and is on the same level
:thirishdrinkers: Yeah....I remember in high school my teacher just let me do whatever I wanted because I was so much more advanced than the rest. He entered me in art contests and stuff. It was a lot of fun, plus I got to use all the mediums for free. A+ grades all year. In case you are curious, here some of my stuff on facebook. It's all horses for the most part.
https://www.facebook.com/AndreaBouwkamp/media_set?set=a.178548888846068.44890.100000728744777&type=3

Latest posts