Ryan Mallett sucks

McGruff

Reaction score
Bad guy and a bad QB . . . Glad we didn't put our chips in that basket.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What did he do? Seems they're winning but I am watching the Chief game mostly just because they're playing the Ninner's.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mallett is good, its preseason, just remember the caliber of talent around him.

he's also the heir apparent, I don't think Billichick would've held onto him this long if there wasn't anything he saw that he didn't like.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
I saw a lot of errant throws and over corrections.

And he's a certifiable punk, crack addict and ego-maniac.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":f4xhldy6 said:
What did he do? Seems they're winning but I am watching the Chief game mostly just because they're playing the Ninner's.

You watched that? That was painful. Its pretty sad that the Chiefs left in their starters for the entire first half and that was all thet could accomplish vs 49er backups. I'd love it if that were a commentary on how good the Niner backups are on D, but I know better. Lol.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":xoa08nf8 said:
KCHawkGirl":xoa08nf8 said:

You watched that? That was painful. Its pretty sad that the Chiefs left in their starters for the entire first half and that was all thet could accomplish vs 49er backups. I'd love it if that were a commentary on how good the Niner backups are on D, but I know better. Lol.
Marvin, right when I think "ok I will give the man a pass because someone has to actually be a 49er fan" you go stupid on me? I live in KCMO in the middle of the metro honey this is basically for my entertainment.

While I talk smack against the ENTIRE AFC. One very undersized woman in a green Okung jersey in Chief's central. For this I must actually know who is playing for Kansas City otherwise what's the point?

You and us are playing possum, KC is anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6. Completely irrelevant. We will start showing who wears actual underwear starting in week 2.

Understand this, the AFC sucks beyond Baltimore, Cincinnati, New England, Denver, and Houston with maybe Kansas City, Indianapolis and Miami having an outside chance of being beyond mediocre.

Reminds me of the 1990's. A few good teams in the AFC while the NFC was loaded with 8-10 playoff caliber teams.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":v63akrdd said:
Marvin49":v63akrdd said:
KCHawkGirl":v63akrdd said:

Marvin, right when I think "ok I will give the man a pass because someone has to actually be a 49er fan" you go stupid on me? I live in KCMO in the middle of the metro honey this is basically for my entertainment.

While I talk smack against the ENTIRE AFC. One very undersized woman in a green Okung jersey in Chief's central. For this I must actually know who is playing for Kansas City otherwise what's the point?

You and us are playing possum, KC is anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6. Completely irrelevant. We will start showing who wears actual underwear starting in week 2.

Understand this, the AFC sucks beyond Baltimore, Cincinnati, New England, Denver, and Houston with maybe Kansas City, Indianapolis and Miami having an outside chance of being beyond mediocre.

Reminds me of the 1990's. A few good teams in the AFC while the NFC was loaded with 8-10 playoff caliber teams.

The Chiefs are the 2nd best team by default and I almost guarantee Alex Smith/Andy Ried will be considered a savior. Arrow Head and the fans will help that team over achieve a bit too.. Watched the Saints/Raiders and Chargers 2 weeks in a row. Matt Flynn is a check down QB and that defense looks meh. Chargers offensive line may put Rivers on IR. Chiefs have the talent to compete with the Broncos from what I've seen.

Again, its pre season but the Chargers and Raiders starting units are below average from what I've seen. Game manager Alex Smith and the Chiefs...I can see 9+ wins.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Oh and about Mallett. Watched that too. For his sake, he better hope it was an off day. Throwing the ball short and in the ground and over throwing. I was disappointed. Dude has a tenancy to chuck the ball with the nose towards the ground. He's done it for years. Nothings changed.

That Montana guy around here. Montana Hawk? Wanted that dude soooo bad. As an SEC Fan I was never sold. Dude never had touch. Still doesn't after years of being "mentored by Tom Brady and Bellicheck".

I always LOL at that nonsense people gobble up. Like Tom Brady gives a crap about his mechanics and touch? And Belicheck is a defensive coach. Drrrr

Throwdown

Reaction score
So just to clarify the 800 other times, you are in fact a SEC fan? Is this correct?

kearly

Reaction score
In college, Ryan Mallett had a terrific arm and a good feel for the game. Not many QBs have shown as much in terms of tools, polish and production (in the SEC) and still get drafted after the 1st round. He was relatively NFL ready, but my early take on his NFL career is that he never took that next step. Even the most polished college QB still has to up his game in the NFL.

By contrast, we've seen some pretty raw college QBs make impressive strides in the NFL very recently: RG3, Kaepernick, Dalton, Foles, maybe Cousins, maybe Tannehill, maybe Sorenson (~120 passer rating in first two preseason games). I think coaching has gotten so good these days that teams are starting to gravitate towards undeveloped QBs with raw talent in part because those players understand that they need to work hard to survive.

I never got that vibe from Mallett. He didn't strike me as someone who believed he needed to get better. And in the world of 2011, that mindset was understandable if you were a polished college QB. But things have already changed so much since that time. Now I think Mallett is about as likely to pan out as Jimmy Clausen is.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I wonder what his impetus to improve is when he's behind Brady and earning a small(?) fortune. Not defending him at all. Just some early twenties types may take the easy road at that point?