Niners make their roster cuts

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, cant wait to hear our resident 49er fans analysis of this. Oh, wait, none of them really know the team.

mretrade

Reaction score
^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
mretrade":775s2hjr said:
^^^Excuse me? I know my team better than you know yours and I know the Seahawks better than you know the Niners.

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

mretrade

Reaction score
I am hoping Okoye makes the practice squad. A lot of these cuts were a foregone conclusion and I didn't expect any of them to make the roster.

Rookie Eric Reid was announced as the starting FS today. I am excited about him. He has looked like an impact player this preseason. Corey Lemonier has been an absolute beast and the reason we traded Haralson. I hope he can find some playing time this season as he is a talent. Quinton Patton was immediately better than Jenkins and looked great last preseason game. This draft class has some serious potential to be special especially if Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore work out.

pehawk

Reaction score
mretrade":1aqr8pr8 said:

Stop trolling.

Remains to be seen. But, based on their posts on this board, 49er fans no little about the NFL or anyone not glamorized by the media on their own team.

Maybe I'm wrong...doubtful though.

mretrade

Reaction score
SonicHawk":33pvxthn said:
mretrade":33pvxthn said:

Stop trolling.

Get off of our boards.

No. Make me. I was born in the 206 and I have ever right to be here as you do. And all these 49ers posts make me more compelled to continue to post and I add to the discussion. I am a 49er fan but I am also a football fan. :0190l:

mretrade

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1sg16ncb said:
mretrade":1sg16ncb said:

Stop trolling.

If you really did know much, your posts would reflect that.

They do. Stop generalizing 49ers fans as one unit. The other 49ers fans don't stand out to me as any different than the regular Seahawks fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
mretrade":313b31sp said:
I am hoping Okoye makes the practice squad. A lot of these cuts were a foregone conclusion and I didn't expect any of them to make the roster.

Rookie Eric Reid was announced as the starting FS today. I am excited about him. He has looked like an impact player this preseason. Corey Lemonier has been an absolute beast and the reason we traded Haralson. I hope he can find some playing time this season as he is a talent. Quinton Patton was immediately better than Jenkins and looked great last preseason game. This draft class has some serious potential to be special especially if Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore work out.

We won't be on the practice squad.

He was waived/injured. That means if he clears waivers (as he's most likely to do since he's injured) he'll revert back to the team and end up on IR. He'll get to spend the year with the team and try again next year. In actuality, not a bad deal. he still gets to chase the dream and really get a shot next year.

Ya...Reid now officially the starter (not a shocker) and McDonald all but announced as #2 TE...so will be on the field on all 2 TE sets. Lemonier now first OLB off the bench. Patton looked good and will get his shot to play this year.

I have no idea how these picks will pan out, but at least they'll see some significant playing time this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|

mretrade

Reaction score
Its early but its looking like a hell of a draft class. I loved how much we are using Vance McDonald this preseason. Guy is huge. I am almost happy Delanie left because while he was pretty darn good, he doesn't bring the size that Vance does. Him leaving almost forced us to upgrade. Delanie also had stone hands. I LOL'd when Seahawks fans said they got the better Rice tight end. Its not looking true early. Luke Willson is more of a developmental type though.

Roland, I reported Pehawk's post. Trolling is not allowed here no matter what team you are a fan of.

Also Roland, don't get me started on NFL knowledge. You are the anti-kearly :)

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1t13gus6 said:
Pe, why'd you have to bait them right off the bat? I actually do enjoy reading viewpoints from fans of other teams most of the time, and you just took a crap on the thread before it had a chance to take off, forcing them to go on the defensive. :|

Or, it forced more detail?

It's not like this is something new...I always "encourage" outside opinions in this forum. I do it, ALOT. Marvin49 added a lot to the #1 QB thread after I said something yesterday.

Oh, and I'm kind of an asshole.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":bqxf3x57 said:

LOL. No worries.

Kinda par for the course.

As for the cuts/moves today....no surprises. I'm happy with the Okoye move because assuming he doesn't get picked up off waivers he'll get to spend the year with the team and try again next year. It obvious how great an athlete he is, but he looks like just that...an athlete. Not a football player. Will be interesting what a year with Jim Tomsula will do.

mretrade

Reaction score
Anyone ever see this picture before?

I find it hilarous.

Jim-Harbaugh-shades-with-Perrish-Cox.jpg

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
mretrade":u5d2gub3 said:
Smelly McUgly":u5d2gub3 said:
mretrade":u5d2gub3 said:

Stop trolling.

If you really did know much, your posts would reflect that.

They do. Stop generalizing 49ers fans as one unit. The other 49ers fans don't stand out to me as any different than the regular Seahawks fan.

I'm talking about you specifically.

Instead of talking about how much you know, just show it.

pehawk

Reaction score
And Roland, I'm fairly benign to our 49er fans, relatively speaking. That's an understatement, actually. So, why question my comment?

Be consistent, iRo.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Okoye has an "injury" which will more than likely prevent another team from picking him up, plus on IR he wont take a PS position up. It's the mental aspect of the game that he lacks, so IR seems like a good fit.

Our backup P Colquitt just got picked up by the Browns.

The Haralson trade makes sense because Lemonier is progressing from DE to OLB nicely (and apparently ahead of Aldon Smith for his rookie year, but Smith didn't have a full offseason).

Overall, the '13 Draft Class is looking very good:
Reid - starter
McDonald - major contributor (replaces Delanie Walker)
Carradine - IR which is expected
Lemonier - 1st backup at both OLB positions
Patton - Looked very adept at finding holes in the zone, smooth WR with reliable hands
Lattimore - IR which is expected
Dial - IR which is expected
Daniels - Pushing for primary backup QB position, looks very solid and can contribute as a WR/RB/KR if needed

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mretrade":2i6yhbrp said:
Also Roland, don't get me started on NFL knowledge. You are the anti-kearly :)
I'm the anti-Kearly? Whatever you say. :roll: Why don't you explain how you think I know nothing about football, in your opinion?

@Pe: Telling me to be consistent doesn't even make sense. I can't question something you say unless I always question things you say? Come on.