For all the past Matt Flynn supporters

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I feel bad for the people who showed up to day 1 of 2012 training camp in their brand new Flynn jerseys.

took me one practice to know Wilson was going to be the man.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Surprised that they demoted him to third string. What's the point of that? If he was good enough to be your backup before the game, how is he now bad enough to be third string?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":35z8x7ik said:
Surprised that they demoted him to third string. What's the point of that? If he was good enough to be your backup before the game, how is he now bad enough to be third string?

I think it's because Pryor is still out and they think they can at least get the same level of ineptitude from the likes of McGloin.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Lol...Even with the EXTRA 40% off, those Flynn jerseys are still steep. I feel kind of bad for Flynn though, but...oh well!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I watched it. The INT pick 6 was epically bad, a couple of the sacks were on him, but mostly he was just indecisive, then check down. Slow decision making+weak arm=crap.

He wasn't good, but I've seen lots worse. I am assuming 3rd string is more because it was pretty clear the team doesn't respond much to his leadership.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Wasn't there an issue with him maybe not buying in, or not being a real leader during his time in Seattle? Could be what's going on there. Your QB is supposed to be a leader, and Flynn said something to the effect of 'I'm not that kind of guy, and I won't pretend to be'.

AVL

Reaction score
They should try to trade him to the packers for a hoop of cheese.

drdiags

Reaction score
TriCHawk":mz0vnjdp said:
Wasn't there an issue with him maybe not buying in, or not being a real leader during his time in Seattle? Could be what's going on there. Your QB is supposed to be a leader, and Flynn said something to the effect of 'I'm not that kind of guy, and I won't pretend to be'.

He said he couldn't be a person he wasn't and he thought Pete was asking his leaders to be more vocal and positive and that wasn't his style. He felt he would be portraying something he didn't believe. I can respect that. Not everyone can be on a upbeat all the time, except for Carroll and Wilson. They were kind of made for each other.

EDIT: Flynn probably should have gone back to the Packers once he saw what the market was like last year. Also, he and Carroll must not have put it all on the table for him to not know what Carroll was looking for in his QB.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Not a good fit at all..Flynn in oakland..lol, I think he could be a decent back up on the right team

The Outfield

Reaction score
Can't believe quarterbacks are given up on so quickly. One game where he was okay, not good, and he's demoted instantly. Lame.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
**FOR SALE**
Seattle Seahawks Matt Flynn Jersey
Size XL

images

New, Never Worn, "Mint" flawless condition

I don't think there are that many out there like it, but it is the only jersey I have seen produced without the player ever taking a snap as a starter. You never know, it could become a highly sought after collectors item

$10 or will trade for a bottle of wine

seriously though, I hope the best for Flynn and hope he turns around the downward trend

kearly

Reaction score
For the record, I was in Wilson's corner from day one. From before day one.

Flynn had a tough game, but sending Flynn to third string behind Matt McGloin smells like tanking for a QB in the draft. Flynn needs more help than Oakland can provide, but he's capable when given a chance. I think they are afraid that Flynn could pilot the Raiders to as many wins as Palmer did, and that would be a problem.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Even Manning would look awful behind the Raiders O-Line. But I think it has more to do with what the coaches are seeing from Flynn in practice. Prior is not great, but he makes things happen. He kept them in the game against the Colts and won against the Jax. Not too bad for a team that lacks talent at every position.

kf3339

Reaction score
kearly":72ovl507 said:
For the record, I was in Wilson's corner from day one. From before day one.

Flynn had a tough game, but sending Flynn to third string behind Matt McGloin smells like tanking for a QB in the draft. Flynn needs more help than Oakland can provide, but he's capable when given a chance. I think they are afraid that Flynn could pilot the Raiders to as many wins as Palmer did, and that would be a problem.

You are definitely right about your Wilson pick and time line. I remember posting that I was just not sure and perhaps we should let Flynn start the season as the starter and work Wilson in as the season went along. Yes, I'm admitting it.

But I'm glad we went with Wilson from the start, but was hoping Flynn would do good in Oakland. My best friend is a major Raider fan and I was hoping it would work out for both of them. But that team is not very good know matter who you put behind center. They need a lot more than just a new QB.

Latest posts