Saints thread of interest...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Those of you wanting to see a little early view of the Saints boards, here's a good one. This is what some Saints fans expect for the remainder of their season. Obviously, many of them have little knowledge of our team. This thread may be worthy of an invasion of 'Hawks fans... :twisted:

http://blackandgold.com/saints/61977-ho ... y-out.html

Enemy Forum post will be up on Friday after the Saints play the Falcons Thursday night. GO FALCONS!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't see anything crazy. They're confident in their team and they see Carolina as a bigger threat than Seattle for the most part. They are familiar w/ Carolina and that makes sense.

As you said, they probably aren't aware of what our team has dealt with while going 9-1 (not counting Sunday because we were actually healthy). I'm fine with that. I do believe that they'll feel differently after their trip to SEA.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":22vz2do2 said:
I do believe that they'll feel differently after their trip to SEA.

For that, I have no doubt.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I wonder if any of their fans have heard of the phrase....."Jumping from the frying pan into the fire"?

If they think that Carolina is tough....wait until they come to Seattle!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You would think by now EVERY NFL team's fanbase would know about Seattle being the most intimidating and difficult place to play in the entire league unless they are living under a rock.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I should register and go post Sventity's Steve Raible Vikings game highlights video over there just to "enlighten" them... Or scare the hell out of 'em! :lol:

v1rotv2

Reaction score
It's strange that they can't remember just a couple of years ago. I reeducation is in order.

monkey

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":27lc961l said:
We monkey stomp them on MNF and then see what that board looks like!
Monkey stomp...sounds like a plan to me.

BTW, I realize that we're all aware of this but, they sound no more confident in their team, at their fan forum, than we do in ours.
Just saying, of course the Saints fans believe they can beat us. Sure they're delusional, but that's part of being a fan. All objectivity gets pushed aside in fandom.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
For the most part from my experiences here and in person Saints fans are one of the better fanbases out there. But if they get cocky just show them the beastquake run again. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
For the most part they seem cool they care about Carolina which is understandable. They do have a couple glaring holes of knowledge about the Seahawks though.

1. Percy Harvin being full go.

2. And Graham likely being matched up with Sherman more often then not if for some reason Kam forgot how to cover TE's of his ilk (Vernon Davis).

3. We rule MNF.

Regardless it's going to be an awesome game right up there with Denver's next two games, our tilt with San Francisco, and their matchups with Carolina all upcoming.

Polaris

Reaction score
Aros":3qut95gl said:
You would think by now EVERY NFL team's fanbase would know about Seattle being the most intimidating and difficult place to play in the entire league unless they are living under a rock.

I have met a few Saints fans. They know intellectually, but deep down, I really don't think they really understand just how intimidating and difficult it is to play as a visitor in the Clink. Unless you experience it for yourself, it's hard to fathom. TV doesn't do it justice.

Likewise, a lot of Saints fans will readily (if reluctantly) agree that the Saints don't do well outside a dome, but from my experience, they really don't understand what a huge difference it makes for the Saints. The stats are there, but I don't think most understand what the stats say instinctively.

In short, I think part of it is denial.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Wonder if they've thought about how they fared against the Niners vs how the Hawks did?

Both teams have played the Niners at home, so there should've been plenty of HFA for each.

At Clink: 29-3 Hawks
At Dome: 23-20 Saints (leaving aside the understandable, but bad call on Brooks' sack)

Either the Hawks have a better HFA, are a better team, or both.
Also, the Hawks have improved since then.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Saints fans would argue that football isn't transitive and that the Saints merely had a bad day and that the Niners always seem to have their number (and there is some truth to it). Like I said, I think most of it is a combination of ignorance and denial.

Hawks46

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3ign612m said:
It's strange that they can't remember just a couple of years ago. I reeducation is in order.

They remember. They list every guy they had that was out injured that game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
monkey":1inijdov said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1inijdov said:
We monkey stomp them on MNF and then see what that board looks like!
Monkey stomp...sounds like a plan to me.

BTW, I realize that we're all aware of this but, they sound no more confident in their team, at their fan forum, than we do in ours.
Just saying, of course the Saints fans believe they can beat us. Sure they're delusional, but that's part of being a fan. All objectivity gets pushed aside in fandom.
That's why I said they seem cool. They are very confident but no more than us really and the vast majority are in no way cocky like Pittsburgh, San Francisco, or Washington fans in my opinion.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anybody know what Vegas is saying about the match up?
I'm feeling good about it but the saints are fairly solid.
If I was forced to pick 3 teams that stood a chance of beating us at home, I think the saints would make the list.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3ajd112d said:
I should register and go post Sventity's Steve Raible Vikings game highlights video over there just to "enlighten" them... Or scare the hell out of 'em! :lol:

Better to post the beastquake run. Piss 'em off.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2g9hdas0 said:
BlueThunder":2g9hdas0 said:

Better to post the beastquake run. Piss 'em off.

Meh. They're way sick of that one, plus it was a long time ago. We're a much different team now. Same with them.

muxpux

Reaction score
the great part is i know around here, theres lots of "bandwagon" saints fans. ones that latched on during their super bowl run. mostly women, who didnt have teams to root for and dont like to root for losing teams. should be a grand ol time at the bars, haha