Best Visiting Stadiumse e

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
All right you smelly bastards.

Place your case for best stadiums to visit.

Places your buddy HawkStrap has seen:
Qualcomm/ whatever: San Diego- Great City, boring Stadium

SuperDome: or whatever that piece of shit place is in New Orleans. Great food. City is the personification of a porta-shitter

Joe Robbie: Oh hell whatever you call Dolphin's stadium. My uncle owns Hooters in Dade Co. Great seats, good food.

MileHigh/invesco: I hate these assholes with all that pumps through my veins (mostly blood, but also Irish Whiskey) but my second favorite city.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Ford Field in Detroit is gorgeous. The fans were all incredible to me too. I was there opening night after XL*, and they all had a great sense of humor about their team, respect for me as a visiting fan, and the facility itself is phenomenal.

OP
OP
3Girls'HawkDad

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
jkitsune":2osambhc said:
Ford Field in Detroit is gorgeous. The fans were all incredible to me too. I was there opening night after XL*, and they all had a great sense of humor about their team, respect for me as a visiting fan, and the facility itself is phenomenal.

Thanks, my brotha.

I wouldn't have considered 'Troit.

What is the city like?!

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Chargers - dump stadium, great city. Lot's to do in SD, great looking girls, and great downtown area. There is a train that takes you straight to and from downtown to Qualcomm. Worth going to a game just to see downtown and the beaches.

Cards - great stadium, great direct area surrounding the stadium with lots of food. Nothing else to do in Phoenix though. This is a 2 day/3 day tripper, only worth going to check off the stadium from your "been there" list.

Vikes - I assume most people will think the dome is a dump just because the roof. But I actually enjoyed the dome feeling, it seems like a very low ceiling as well, felt like a NBA stadium almost. Fans were the best I've met. Surrounding city is amazing, Minneapolis is one of the coolest cities I've been to. If not for the crappy weather I would consider moving there. 3 Pro stadiums within walking distance, great restaurants/bars, and beautiful financial district. Worth seeing, especially if you could go to a late Sept game and catch a Football/Baseball/Basketball game all in one trip. Stay in financial district. There are ZERO people downtown for the weekend... except for all the sports fans, it's great.

Saints - Stadium seemed fine to me, although I was in club seats. Walking around everything else seemed fine (stadium wise). Surrounding area was a dump. Historical stuff I was not interested in, and bourbon street is absolutely disgusting. Vomit all over the floor all the time, drunks, and the same crap up and down the street (bar/restaurant wise). I guess everyone ahs to do Bourbon at least once, so its worth going for a couple days to catch a game/bourbon street.

Bears - Stadium is ugly, locals refer to it as spaceship after the recent upgrades. But the place feels like it has history in it. Located right in Downtown Chicago on Michigan Ave. Chicago is probably my top city to visit for tourist, and top city I lived. The surrounding area of Solider is absolutely amazing. Go early in the season when weather is decent, that way the tourist stuff is bearable.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Lucas Oil Stadium ... From What I remember of it . Lots of Tailgating Outside the Stadium . The fan's were all very warm and friendly . Escalators to the upper levels and Mixed drinks that you can take to your seat. Those two right there bump it up .
Inside that stadium the video boards in each corner were easy to view.

Cant say much about the city. Drove from chicago before and after the game.

Solider Field ... Really the only thing I liked about it was the Tailgating next to the lake before the game. Small concourses inside, Beer man only carried Miller Lite . Annoying Fans for the most part.

But the city of Chicago is terrific .

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA (or whatever the 49ers call their stadium now) - Not really a great place to watch a game, as the roads in and out are a traffic nightmare, but the venue is interesting for both football and baseball. The garlic fries make up for the dangers of getting stabbed in the parking lot, they're really that good. The city itself has a lot of really cool artsy-fartsy ambiance going for it, and is a fun place to visit.

Oakland Colosseum, Oakland, CA - A crappy stadium in an even crappier city. Avoid at all costs. Possible upside to visiting during a Seahawks game would be an almost guaranteed win for your favorite team. It might make up for the risk of stabbing or mutilation at the hands of pissed off Raiders fans. The best thing about the city is that you can leave it and visit other, far nicer venues around the Central California area.

M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, CA - Stadium is nice, but the downtown area of Baltimore has a lot of really crappy, skeezy areas where the bums cross the streets like zombies to panhandle on the other side at whim. There are parts of the downtown area that look like a zombie apocalypse has hit it. The wharf area is quite nice though, as are many of the surrounding areas such as Anapolis, and there are a lot of really great (seafood in particular) restaurants, to eat at.

Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, HI (site of the Pro Bowl) - Stadium is nothing fancy, but the environment around is quite conducive to partying and prefunking for the game. You're also in Hawaii, which means lots of surf and sun and tourists and fresh fruit and crazy island adventures. It's really worth a trip at least once in your life.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Lambeau: Simply awesome place to see a game. Great old stadium, set right in the middle of an idyllic Midwest type neighborhood. There's free parking all around. Packers fans (pre Tate catch anyway) were super easy-going.

Halftime show at the game I saw was a log cutting competition... What's more Wisconsin than that? Only cheese curds, which are also available at the stadium.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3kiqxjgr said:
jkitsune":3kiqxjgr said:

Thanks, my brotha.

I wouldn't have considered 'Troit.

What is the city like?!

Detroit itself is a dump, sadly. You can see the incredible architecture of the buildings that went up when it was a thriving metropolis, but so many of those same beautiful buildings are abandoned now. Most people live outside of Detroit and commute inwards for night-time stuff (there is some) and work. We parked for a dirt cheap near the stadiums in this former opera house which is now a public parking garage. Pretty sad overall.

There are some great restaurants and a couple of blocks of downtown Detroit that are more active at night, but overall it is not a city I would go to for tourism's sake. My brother lived there for a while so it was natural for me to be there and go to the games.

Incidentally, Comerica Park (Tigers) is also incredibly gorgeous.