Martellus Bennett trying to get Michael to sign with Chicago

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Of all the offseason acquisitions, Michael Bennett has easily been my favorite but I'm trying not to get too attached because of his 1 year deal. I hope resigning him will be a top priority. Interesting to see where the competition for that may come from. With his brother in Chicago and lobbying him hard, that could be one to watch out for.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/- ... -78503581/

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe Michael should tell Martellus to lobby for a trade to Seattle instead.

Veilside

Reaction score
We'd better lock him up! More than anyone on the d line I feel we need to keep him.

McGruff

Reaction score
Bennett is a favorite of mine, and I hope he stays! but if not! I really like the limited reps we saw early from Hill.

drdiags

Reaction score
Martellus must feel pretty confident that he will be with the Bears for awhile. I don't remember how long he just signed for with the Bears after his brief stay with the NY Giants. I would do the same if I had a chance to be on the same professional team as my brother and felt pretty confident that I would be there as long as my brother was. Makes it easier for their parents to see both of them play and be around each other's family.

I would hate to see Michael leave but I would understand.

seabowl

Reaction score
I would think teams would rather not sign a relative of another player because once one of them gets cut or traded there may be animosity from the remaining player towards the team.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I LOVE Bennett to death, but don't sleep on Greg Scruggs. Very similar skillset for a fraction of the price. I think Pete's been pretty high on him to play a bigger role in this defense. Don't get me wrong, I would love to lock up Bennett for a long time, but if he does decide to go to the land of Polish Sausage I think we'll be okay. Scruggs and Jordan Hill will be able to pick up the slack.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
drdiags":1lf9fxwk said:
Martellus must feel pretty confident that he will be with the Bears for awhile. I don't remember how long he just signed for with the Bears...
He's signed through 2016.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So that must have been what the nightmare was about. I had a dozen...more or less last night, and one of them was a bear score 20-3. Not sure what it means or meant. Not gonna anlayze it either....I hope. LOL
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

lukerguy

Reaction score
I love Bennett, but I think the writing is on the wall for him. He'll be in for a big pay day and a multi-year contract.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got 5 years 35 million

EDIT: I believe that's what we pay big red........................................................

Seahawkx

Reaction score
You can tell, Michael Bennett absolutely loves it here.. It's gana take an insulting offer from us or a rudiculus rich contract from someone else for him to leave the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it kinda depends on how we do going forward, how the front office approaches him as well, and who we keep and decide is part of the next few years. We have a lot of contracts coming up and Scruggs and our Aussie have yet to really contribute . We have guys in the wings but don't know what they will bring.