Harbaugh to Texas??? It's not so crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This article talks about his vagabond lifestyle and his inability to stay in one place. He mocked the question when it was posed to him but didn't deny it. It also alluded to his controlling personality and perhaps him and Baalke don't see eye to eye. I am not sure how I would feel if Harbaugh left, he is so obnoxious and I rather enjoy kicking the Niners ass.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/jim-harba ... ng-rumors/

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2q1q75ps said:
This article talks about his vagabond lifestyle and his inability to stay on one place. He mocked the question when it was posed to him but didn't deny it. It also alluded to his controlling personality and perhaps him and Baalke don't see eye to eye. I am not sure how I would feel if Harbaugh left, he is so obnoxious and I rather enjoy kicking the Niners ass.

Not gonna happen.

Niners will probably make him the highest paid coach in the NFL in the offseason. With the new stadium opening it's estimated they'll have over 100 Mil next year in new revenue they weren't getting at the 'stick. There is no way he leaves an NFL gig for a college job before he gets a Lombardi. His brother winning one just makes it even the more certain he ain't going anywhere.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ri8ejx4 said:
seahawk12thman":1ri8ejx4 said:
This article talks about his vagabond lifestyle and his inability to stay on one place. He mocked the question when it was posed to him but didn't deny it. It also alluded to his controlling personality and perhaps him and Baalke don't see eye to eye. I am not sure how I would feel if Harbaugh left, he is so obnoxious and I rather enjoy kicking the Niners ass.

Not gonna happen.

Niners will probably make him the highest paid coach in the NFL in the offseason. With the new stadium opening it's estimated they'll have over 100 Mil next year in new revenue they weren't getting at the 'stick. There is no way he leaves an NFL gig for a college job before he gets a Lombardi. His brother winning one just makes it even the more certain he ain't going anywhere.

I don't know if he is going to leave or not but they are talking about 12-15 million that they are offering the next coach. I understand he is winning but he looks so miserable. I realize you are a Niner's fan but don't you find it odd that his only response to a physical hard fought game (which was a win against your hated rival) was that it was like a "root canal"??? I would think he would have been celebrating like crazy. Something is off with him and you can deny it all you want but all he would have had to say was an emphatic "NO" and he didn't..

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":xw0n7rfo said:
Marvin49":xw0n7rfo said:
seahawk12thman":xw0n7rfo said:

Not gonna happen.

I don't know if he is going to leave or not but they are talking about 12-15 million that they are offering the next coach. I understand he is winning but he looks so miserable. I realize you are a Niner's fan but don't you find it odd that his only response to a physical hard fought game (which was a win against your hated rival) was that it was like a "root canal"??? I would think he would have been celebrating like crazy. Something is off with him and you can deny it all you want but all he would have had to say was an emphatic "NO" and he didn't..

LOL.

The only people who think there is something "off" with him are people that would prefer he not be in SF. The "root canal" comment is blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. His meaning was that it was physically taxing and sometimes painful. He doesn't always choose his words perfectly (Jive turkey gobblers).

You can call it all you want, but Harbaugh is the same guy now he has always been. The difference is only the PERCEPTION of him has changed.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'd imagine his goal was to be in the NFL, so I seriously doubt he is going anywhere.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":ftpshgcx said:
seahawk12thman":ftpshgcx said:
Marvin49":ftpshgcx said:
seahawk12thman":ftpshgcx said:

Not gonna happen.

LOL.

The only people who think there is something "off" with him are people that would prefer he not be in SF. The "root canal" comment is blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. His meaning was that it was physically taxing and sometimes painful. He doesn't always choose his words perfectly (Jive turkey gobblers).

You can call it all you want, but Harbaugh is the same guy now he has always been. The difference is only the PERCEPTION of him has changed.

I don't care if he stays or goes :D All your good players are old... Love Bowman but other than that your team is just getting older and older. Your superbowl window is closing and good luck beating the Hawks at the Clink..

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3vu1626y said:
I'd imagine his goal was to be in the NFL, so I seriously doubt he is going anywhere.

Yeah...was just about to mention that. The article states that he has bounced around a bit...

...but every time he moved he was moving UP in level of competition. Jim didn't win a Lombardi as a player and I really can't see him leaving the NFL this soon without one as a coach. The other thing...he has a family here. He moved from Stanford to the 49ers but didn't even have to sell his house. If it were just about $$$ he could have gone to Miami for far more than he got in SF.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
One final thing.. This can only be a distraction to the Niners this year and the last thing they need is rumors flying around right before the playoffs. Just say no Jim LOL... But he didn't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":6490hkjf said:
Marvin49":6490hkjf said:
seahawk12thman":6490hkjf said:
Marvin49":6490hkjf said:
Not gonna happen.

LOL.

I don't care if he stays or goes :D All your good players are old... Love Bowman but other than that your team is just getting older and older. Your superbowl window is closing and good luck beating the Hawks at the Clink..

LOL.

How random...

Only Justin Smith and Gore are in their 30s. They have already been looking to draft their replacements by selecting injured players they wouldn't need to contribute right away but could be had with later picks in the draft (Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine). They've taken RBs to spell Frank for 4 years in a row now (Dixon, Hunter, James, Lattimore).

Don't think Seattle is going to be able to keep all that talent either once those contract extensions become due. Sherman will cost a fortune. So will Wilson. All the Niner LBs (strength of the team) are locked up long term. Seattle is younger, no question, but it's not like the 49ers are about to fall apart in a year or 2. LOL. Thats just wishful thinking.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3peggm28 said:
One final thing.. This can only be a distraction to the Niners this year and the last thing they need is rumors flying around right before the playoffs. Just say no Jim LOL... But he didn't.

He never comments on anything like that. It's not like it's the first time he's deflected a question. When a reporter asks him a leading question, he won't just not answer the question, he'll reject the entire premise of the question. That's Harbaugh. There was nothing odd about his reaction to the question. Thats him.

People (not you...national media mostly) are trying to drum up a story where there isn't one. They are looking for page views. That's it.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lts811z said:
Only Justin Smith and Gore are in their 30s. They have already been looking to draft their replacements by selecting injured players they wouldn't need to contribute right away but could be had with later picks in the draft (Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine). They've taken RBs to spell Frank for 4 years in a row now (Dixon, Hunter, James, Lattimore).

Don't think Seattle is going to be able to keep all that talent either once those contract extensions become due. Sherman will cost a fortune. So will Wilson. All the Niner LBs (strength of the team) are locked up long term. Seattle is younger, no question, but it's not like the 49ers are about to fall apart in a year or 2. LOL. Thats just wishful thinking.

Random? You implied that teams are just putting out propaganda because they have a "wish" to see Harbaugh leave. Perhaps that is true but I am not one of them. I personally think the Niners have done a horrible job drafting the last two years. Busts like Jenkins and your entire 2011 draft. Tank is a reclamation project, Carradine, Lattimore Dixon and James?

Lamichael James isn't even being used properly. He is similar to Harvin and yet the Niners don't do swing passes, screens and open space plays. I don't even know why they drafted him.

Dixon hardly plays but sure posts idiotic tweets and cries a lot. Didn't even play him against the Seahawks.

Hunter and Lattimore and Dixon, a lot of running backs and yet they run Gore into the ground because nobody has stepped up (yes I am aware Lattimore is out but that is also a concern). We drafted Jesse Williams and I would be surprised if we ever see him on the field come regular season.

Your passing attack is garbage once you get past the big three (Boldin, Davis, Crabtree), none of them can catch or break free from press coverage. If one of these guys go down your team is toast..

Yes Seattle won't be able to keep all their talent but it doesn't matter because they are so deep. We missed our two starting tackles and center for extended periods of time and still lost only one game all the way up to New Orleans. The playoffs is a battle of attrition just as much as it is talent and we will all see how deep your team is shortly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2cow5ekd said:
Marvin49":2cow5ekd said:

Random? You implied that teams are just putting out propaganda because they have a "wish" to see Harbaugh leave. Perhaps that is true but I am not one of them. I personally think the Niners have done a horrible job drafting the last two years. Busts like Jenkins and your entire 2011 draft. Tank is a reclamation project, Carradine, Lattimore Dixon and James?

Lamichael James isn't even being used properly. He is similar to Harvin and yet the Niners don't do swing passes, screens and open space plays. I don't even know why they drafted him.

Dixon hardly plays but sure posts idiotic tweets and cries a lot. Didn't even play him against the Seahawks.

Hunter and Lattimore and Dixon, a lot of running backs and yet they run Gore into the ground because nobody has stepped up (yes I am aware Lattimore is out but that is also a concern). We drafted Jesse Williams and I would be surprised if we ever see him on the field come regular season.

Your passing attack is garbage once you get past the big three (Boldin, Davis, Crabtree), none of them can catch or break free from press coverage. If one of these guys go down your team is toast..

Yes Seattle won't be able to keep all their talent but it doesn't matter because they are so deep. We missed our two starting tackles and center for extended periods of time and still lost only one game all the way up to New Orleans. The playoffs is a battle of attrition just as much as it is talent and we will all see how deep your team is shortly.

It was random because we weren't even talking about player age or anything...only Harbaughs coaching future.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the state of the 49ers roster. LOL.

Kinda funny tho that you make the assumption that the roster is somehow static. Niners have 11 picks already next year including 2 seconds and 3 thirds. They lost Goldson last year and replaced him with a younger and better player in Reid for less money.

All offseason all I read here was how the 49ers DBs were terrible. Guess what...the Niners played half the year without their best pass rusher and are still ranked 4th in the NFL against the pass. They have played the last few games without their #1 corner. They have been playing without their #3 corner all year. They played most of the year without their #1 WR. They have played the last several games without their all pro guard. Don't talk to me about injuries.

Despite that they are a last second field goal (and don't get me started on the Brooks penalty or the Gore drop) and a 1 point loss from being right there at 11-2 with Seattle.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":190dkp4t said:
seahawk12thman":190dkp4t said:
Marvin49":190dkp4t said:

It was random because we weren't even talking about player age or anything...only Harbaughs coaching future.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the state of the 49ers roster. LOL.

Kinda funny tho that you make the assumption that the roster is somehow static. Niners have 11 picks already next year including 2 seconds and 3 thirds. They lost Goldson last year and replaced him with a younger and better player in Reid for less money.

I will leave it on a positive, I do like Reid. The only problem with him is he seems to get a lot of concussions but that is not the fault of your management. Hopefully he can use better technique when tackling. He has all the physical tools to be great; he is a cross between Chancellor and Thomas.

NorCal

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1u7db402 said:

You can't possibly believe what you wrote right? You must be confusing the 2011 draft with another year. And to say a passing attack is garbage once you take away the top 3 targets is probably a universal truth in the NFL.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
NorCal":3d9gppld said:
seahawk12thman":3d9gppld said:

You can't possibly believe what you wrote right? You must be confusing the 2011 draft with another year. And to say a passing attack is garbage once you take away the top 3 targets is probably a universal truth in the NFL.

You are correct, i meant 2012. Curious even though it is a little off topic, do niner fans think Kaepernick is a franchise quarterback?

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":1uypexqu said:
Despite that they are a last second field goal (and don't get me started on the Brooks penalty or the Gore drop) and a 1 point loss from being right there at 11-2 with Seattle.

You should be 10-3. Yes you got screwed against New Orleans but the Seahawks may have played that game differently had it had more meaning. Who knows, Harvin might have played. The Hawks were not going to throw everything at the niners when they had a three game lead with three cupcakes left to go after SF. Your team would have done the same if the roles were reversed.

Axx

Reaction score
The only way he could move up the ranks now is to be wilsons water boy

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1vfoop1x said:

While I agree with you, there is an outside possibility Harbaugh wants complete and total control - which he can't get in SF.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Harbs isn't going anywhere.

Nor do I want him to. I need a villain like Harbaugh. Even if he does have girl hips.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3a10bdy1 said:
Harbs isn't going anywhere.

Nor do I want him to. I need a villain like Harbaugh. Even if he does have girl hips.

While I'm laughing, couldn't agree more. This rivalry is a lot of fun and a big part of that is the clash between coaches. I'm hoping Harbaugh can at least keep our punching bag upright for another season or two. Even if it does bring out the most fair weather troll fanbase in the nfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.