Cards blow 17-pt. 4th quarter lead to Titans, heading to OT

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This could be a fun little sweat to follow. I'd love to see the Cardinals take a soulcrushing loss like this right before they head to the Clink. If nothing else, they're having to spend themselves a bit more just to come away with a win.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
As a Hawks fan, i've seen those blown 17 point leads in the fourth quarter a few times. All 11 Cardinal fans must be sick right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2yojjd83 said:
This could be a fun little sweat to follow. I'd love to see the Cardinals take a soulcrushing loss like this right before they head to the Clink. If nothing else, they're having to spend themselves a bit more just to come away with a win.
Yeah, go Titans!!

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Meh, not the result I wanted to see. Anyway, safe to say their playoff hopes aren't truly alive given that they have to play SF/Seattle the last two weeks, but I realize they'll still approach the games as if they are.

rlkats

Reaction score
Well I expect the hawks to beat em. Giving my Niners a playoff berth. unless we lose to Atlanta :(

Decimation

Reaction score
rlkats":3nr4ejmo said:
Well I expect the hawks to beat em. Giving my Niners a playoff berth. unless we lose to Atlanta :(
Is the game in Atlanta?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Decimation":26gafo0e said:
rlkats":26gafo0e said:
Is the game in Atlanta?
Doesn't matter, ain't happenin'. (And it isn't since we played them back there and our team's schedule vs. NFC South is the opposite of SFs.) Falcons suck, badly.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah rlkats if your Niners aren't safe playing Atlanta at the stick then there is no such thing as a safe game ever. They were the only team during our run of 3/5 OL being out that couldn't get within spitting distance of Wilson, and that was on the road. Niners with Crabs back are firmly in the cream of the NFC.

rlkats

Reaction score
hawk45":2qlv6tmv said:
Yeah rlkats if your Niners aren't safe playing Atlanta at the stick then there is no such thing as a safe game ever. They were the only team during our run of 3/5 OL being out that couldn't get within spitting distance of Wilson, and that was on the road. Niners with Crabs back are firmly in the cream of the NFC.

I hope hawker I have faith but you know what they say any given Sunday.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yep. I feel the same way. Feeling cocksure about any single game is a path toward disappointment, IMO.

For whatever reason I always think about games in blocks. I slice out a section of the schedule and then think about what's reasonable, and what would have me concerned on one end or happy on the other.

For instance (talked about this a couple times here in Week 9) like most people I had sectioned weeks 10-14 as an important "block" for the 9ers (Panthers, @ Saints, @ Redskins, Rams, Hawks). Looking at that block I figured 3-2 was pretty reasonable, and my thinking worked like this:

0-5 Major problem (I absolutely need to re-evaluate what I think about this team)
1-4 Big problem (I probably should re-evaluate what I think about this team)
2-3 2nd most likely, a tad disappointing, and a small problem (no re-evaluation needed)
3-2 Most Likely (no re-evaluation needed)
4-1 Unlikely but pretty big (I probably should re-evaluate what I think about this team)
5-0 Majorly big (I absolutely need to re-evaluate what I think about this team)

The 9ers did go 3-2 in this stretch, but If I had been picking individual games I'd have picked the 9ers to beat the Panthers but lose to the Hawks. It's just too unpredictable (e.g. they lost to the Panthers by 1 point and beat the Hawks by 2 points). Oddly they were closer to 4-1 than 2-3 (two losses by a FG or less, one win by a FG or less; these are coin flip games), but 3-2 was about right.

For these next two games (Falcons, @ Cards) I'd say 2-0 is likely, 1-1 a little less so but not a problem/no re-evaluation needed, and 0-2 a problem and in need of re-evaluation.