I really hate to root for the Foreskins, but...

Mitch

Reaction score
If Houston wins one of their final two games (Broncos or Titans), and Washington loses two (Cowboys and Giants), the Rams will get the No. 1 overall draft pick in next year's draft from the Redskins. This is the last draft pick the Redskins gave up for the rights to RG-Knee.

I guess I could just root for Houston to lose their final two games. That would be easier!

No matter really, the Rams are playing well again and the NFC West will be even tougher next year.

Axx

Reaction score
I never would have expected the rams getting a #1 pick lol....
Perhaps fisher knew that boy rgknee would be a bust

el capitan

Reaction score
Clowney would be a luxury pick for the Rams, they already have an awesome d-line, so I guess it's gonna be a QB or LT.
Oh how it must suck to be a Redskins fan.

nategreat

Reaction score
Personally, I want the Rams to get the #1 pick. The worse-off the trade was for the Redskins to move up to grab RGIII, the better. It also builds onto the Rams' salary cap.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Doesn't really build into the Rams salary cap that much any more, as there is now the wage scale and allotment pool. For instance, in '12 Andrew Luck got 22 million as the first pick, RGIII got 21 million as the 2nd pick, and Trent Richardson got 20.5 million as the 3rd pick. These are essentially all 5 million per year over four years, not the type of back breaking contracts we used to see (e.g. Sam Bradford's 6 year/80 million contract in 2010, the year before the new CBA).

If the Rams have the #1 pick they can do one of two things:

1) Do what they should and have their pick of QBs (not a good thing for the rest of the NFCW).

2) Decide they want to still roll with Bradford and trade out of that slot (the #1 slot is even more valuable now with the rookie wage scale) and get a bookend OT plus more picks from this trade (not a good thing for the rest of the NFCW).

nategreat

Reaction score
True, I guess it doesn't make much difference salary cap wise. I guess the whole RGIII lovefest just became too much for me. I want the Redskins to regret making that trade in the long-run, and completely fail at every opportunity. But yeah, as a result, the NFC West becomes more competitive, as the Rams are able to build their team a little better. But that can be a good thing as well. Competition breeds success in many cases.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Having the first overall draft pick would do nothing for the Rams. Fisher can lead GREAT teams to 8-8 like no other coach in NFL history.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mitch":dw30ek69 said:
If Houston wins one of their final two games (Broncos or Titans), and Washington loses two (Cowboys and Giants), the Rams will get the No. 1 overall draft pick in next year's draft from the Redskins. This is the last draft pick the Redskins gave up for the rights to RG-Knee.

I guess I could just root for Houston to lose their final two games. That would be easier!

No matter really, the Rams are playing well again and the NFC West will be even tougher next year.

That cracked me up! "RG-Knee" : :lol:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Mitch":13yut2fc said:

It may not be the disaster you envision given all the underclassmen quarterbacks are saying they're not coming out. And as long as Bradford is the quarterback the division is ours.