Something to keep an eye on

drdiags

Reaction score
If I am the owner, I probably think long and hard about giving the GM less power. Happened here when Holmgren was fighting with Whitsett and giving Whitsett the boot had the temporary bounce of getting the team into the Superbowl. Then Ruskell and Holmgren got into their power struggle.

The on-field results just seem to say to me that Jim is a major catalyst for the success and cooler heads need to make sure they can work with the coaching talent. Just the way it is with organizational structures. These men are not shrinking violets and there will be tension.

Jville

Reaction score
pull the curtain back

That is such a closed .... even secretive organization. They invite speculation and rumor. LOL

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see why we seahawk fans would have to keep an eye on any of it, not our team.

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
rideaducati":2fgp57o0 said:
I don't think either one of them will have any sort of long term success. Baalke without McLoughan has done next to nothing with his drafting and Hairbag has never stayed anywhere long enough to make it through adversity. Adversity is coming to that franchise. That team is on a steady downward spiral. They will be back to finishing third in the division year after year very soon. I can't wait til they give Kaep a huge long term deal and have to rely on drafting well because I don't think they can do it.
Balke drafted starters Davis, Iupati, Miller, and Kaepernick on offense, drafted starters Bowman, Smith, Reid, and Brock on defense. Drafted Key back ups Hunter, James, and Culliver. Signed starters, Whitner, Goodwin, Rodgers, Dorsey, and Dawson. Balke also traded Alex smith for two 2nd round picks, and resigned nearly every superstar on this team to date. Sorry if I left out the "next to nothing" part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dick Johnson":1lgm2c8k said:
rideaducati":1lgm2c8k said:
Balke drafted starters Davis, Iupati, Miller, and Kaepernick on offense, drafted starters Bowman, Smith, Reid, and Brock on defense. Drafted Key back ups Hunter, James, and Culliver. Signed starters, Whitner, Goodwin, Rodgers, Dorsey, and Dawson. Balke also traded Alex smith for two 2nd round picks, and resigned nearly every superstar on this team to date. Sorry if I left out the "next to nothing" part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

But did he have help in those drafts? Because he has done very poorly as of late. Aldon Smith was a good pick but everyone had him high on their board. Davis an Iupati were projected first rounders also, but I think those picks had more to do with coach Singletary who desperately wanted a running game. And as far as Vernon Davis, when he ran a 4.3 at the combine, his draft status was cemented. VD was on his way to bust status before Mike Singletary came along.

So while Baalke may have experienced some success, I doubt it was all him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Who's ever idea it was to get Jenkins in round one is a moron, that's all I know

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":31fi2tfs said:
I don't see why we seahawk fans would have to keep an eye on any of it, not our team.
Pretty much especially after we win 3 out of the next 4 Superbowls. The 49ers are already irrelevant they will just figure it out after they give Keapernick a nice fat contract.

A

Anonymous

I think we need to stop trash talking Kaepernick in hope the 9ers secure him for a nice long term contract.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largefarva":1i2w2xef said:
I think we need to stop trash talking Kaepernick in hope the 9ers secure him for a nice long term contract.
Why? Given the reason why he is trashed talked is that he's 2nd tier..Joe Flacco/Tony Romo; Matt Stafford/Phillip Rivers level. Not bad, in fact very dangerous and elite if conditions are totally right.

Not a bad place to be given that is were Wilson is currently until he wins February 2nd then it starts getting interesting because he's definitively better than Troy Aikman and then his next next nearest comp is Fran Tarkenton.....so give me a better comparisoni if you dislike the conclusion.

A

Anonymous

I think you took me way too seriously. I'm just saying from a rival's standpoint, the 9ers could draft a much better option than Kaepernick. Me personally, I just don't think he's going to be a very good quarterback.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largefarva":1r7yvqkw said:
I think you took me way too seriously. I'm just saying from a rival's standpoint, the 9ers could draft a much better option than Kaepernick. Me personally, I just don't think he's going to be a very good quarterback.
Yep. Sarcasm emotion, use it because it's your friend.:)