Mario Manningham placed on IR per 49ers website

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
He was pretty helpful for us last year toward the end of the year before the injury. This isn't a huge loss, but combined with Bruce Miller it's pretty big.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2xynk8fv said:
He was pretty helpful for us last year toward the end of the year before the injury. This isn't a huge loss, but combined with Bruce Miller it's pretty big.
Pretty much spot on with the post. Accumulation of injuries is never good.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1bhlfs3u said:
5_Golden_Rings":1bhlfs3u said:
Pretty much spot on with the post. Accumulation of injuries is never good.

This is when someone like Delanie Walker or Randy Moss would be very useful. Such is the NFL, I guess. Anquan Boldin is looking like a better acquisition every single game.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3jwojn57 said:

He was instrumental in winning the Superbowl. He has been suffering from injury but he was an excellent receiver.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":d8unwojm said:
CandlestickBum":d8unwojm said:
SouthSoundHawk":d8unwojm said:

He was instrumental in winning the Superbowl. He has been suffering from injury but he was an excellent receiver.

Who??

I guess you were not watching the Superbowl last year where Manningham had 5 receptions, 73 yards, and one very shiny Superbowl ring.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wait what?

Are we talking Manningham or Boldin?

As far as I know, I cheered like hell for the Ravens and they won the Super Bowl... Was I in a different universe?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":1yym0tdm said:
SouthSoundHawk":1yym0tdm said:
CandlestickBum":1yym0tdm said:
SouthSoundHawk":1yym0tdm said:

Who??

I guess you were not watching the Superbowl last year where Manningham had 5 receptions, 73 yards, and one very shiny Superbowl ring.

Lol? What? Do you even know the players on your own team?

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Throwdown":1l68dth9 said:
Wait what?

Are we talking Manningham or Boldin?

As far as I know, I cheered like hell for the Ravens and they won the Super Bowl... Was I in a different universe?
Last year (2012) the Superbowl teams were the Giants and the Patriots. The 49ers picked up Manningham during the off season and he helped the 49ers win a second seeding before being injured.

Boldin was another WR aquisition from a Superbowl winning team. But the 49ers picked him up this year from John Harbaugh.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Throwdown":j398twaf said:
Oh ok, gotta be specific.

With guys like Vernon Davis, Crabtree, Randy Moss, and Boldin, it is easy to forget about him but he was a pretty fast and athletic third or fourth reciever for Eli Manning and Alex Smith when he was healthy.

He is not a future Hall of Famer or anything but he was instrumental in the Giants edging out the 49ers in OT in the 2012 NFC title game and in winning the Superbowl. He is a oretty athletic and talented reciever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3S3P ... IwCTgK&usg

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DSleb ... 7gacQ2tODA

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
He's done nothing so far for the niners however, which is all that matters. Who cares that he was decent with Eli Manning 2 years ago. This move doesn't do much to the niners other than thin out their WR depth. It may come into play depending on what happens the rest of the year with their corps, kind of like ours, where there isn't much leeway at this point for further injury.

Sturm

Reaction score
Now they can play Jon Baldwin, their star in training.
</sarcasm>

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Archer":1k1mzh2h said:
He's done nothing so far for the niners however, which is all that matters. Who cares that he was decent with Eli Manning 2 years ago. This move doesn't do much to the niners other than thin out their WR depth. It may come into play depending on what happens the rest of the year with their corps, kind of like ours, where there isn't much leeway at this point for further injury.
Along with Moss, he was a good secondary reciever who helped get the 49ers to the Superbowl. He certainly put up better numbers than Ted Ginn Jr. Not having him healthy has really hurt the 49ers passing game this year.

He was a real bargain, a hard worker, and just got badly hurt playing a rough game called football.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sturm":2eixjzoc said:
Now they can play Jon Baldwin, their star in training.
</sarcasm>

You laugh, but there is a part of me that makes me glad that Quinton Patton will get a shot now. He was hurt most of the year and just got back from injury himself.