Insane eagle fan....

Axx

Reaction score
[youtube]9FMD1LTql6g[/youtube]

xkj1985x

Reaction score
lsheldon":2tju12l6 said:
God, is he going to be disappointed soon....

As an Eagles fan myself living in Seattle.....I'm going to find it VERY hard to be disappointed in this team when/if they lose to the Saints on Saturday.

Very hard to be disappointed in a season where a team that had been 4-12 the past two seasons brings in a whole new coaching staff with a "gimmicky" college coach whose offense was not going to work in the NFL per most experts. Partner that with moving from a 4-3 scheme to a 3-4 front in one season with a lot of young players that were not a good fit for the 3-4.

3/4 secondary starters being brand new players to the team and a number of young starters on both sides of the ball.

Pretty incredibly to go from 4 wins to 10 wins in one season given everything that has changed. Give Chip another year or so to get his players and I think this team is going to be a dangerous squad. They made what they had work this year and I can only see it going up from here.

They win on Saturday and awesome....excitement continues. They lose and I feel like there is too much to look forward to with this team to be disappointed.

KK84

Reaction score
xkj1985x":ibasweo4 said:
lsheldon":ibasweo4 said:

As an Eagles fan myself living in Seattle.....I'm going to find it VERY hard to be disappointed in this team when/if they lose to the Saints on Saturday.

Very hard to be disappointed in a season where a team that had been 4-12 the past two seasons brings in a whole new coaching staff with a "gimmicky" college coach whose offense was not going to work in the NFL per most experts. Partner that with moving from a 4-3 scheme to a 3-4 front in one season with a lot of young players that were not a good fit for the 3-4.

3/4 secondary starters being brand new players to the team and a number of young starters on both sides of the ball.

Pretty incredibly to go from 4 wins to 10 wins in one season given everything that has changed. Give Chip another year or so to get his players and I think this team is going to be a dangerous squad. They made what they had work this year and I can only see it going up from here.

They win on Saturday and awesome....excitement continues. They lose and I feel like there is too much to look forward to with this team to be disappointed.

As a seahawks fan living in Philly, I can tell you that the vast majority of Eagles fans are not as even keeled or rational as you appear to be. That being said, the few smart fans here agree with you 100%. Impossible to be too disappointed in a team that beats the cowgirls in week 17 and takes the NFC east the year after 4-12 if you have half a football brain. Unfortunately, few people here do.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
KK84":1rrp0m5a said:
As a seahawks fan living in Philly, I can tell you that the vast majority of Eagles fans are not as even keeled or rational as you appear to be. That being said, the few smart fans here agree with you 100%. Impossible to be too disappointed in a team that beats the cowgirls in week 17 and takes the NFC east the year after 4-12 if you have half a football brain. Unfortunately, few people here do.

Yeah. I listen to 94 WIP and 97.5 everyday while I'm at work and it's amazing how a bunch of the fans expect this team to get to the Super Bowl this year and anything less would be a disappointment. Just four months ago, they were talking about how 6 wins would be acceptable and progress for a team in Year 1 of Chip Kelly.

Fast forward to now and they win 10 games and suddenly anything less than a Lombardi is a huge disappointment. I simply don't understand that. Seems really dumb that a majority of the fan base starts the season preaching patience and now because the team has overachieved they are talking very stupid now.

If I'm being a realist, I do expect the Eagles to get beat this weekend (zero answer for Graham and essentially most of Brees passing attack) but I'm anything but discouraged about this team.

Nab a pass rusher or two next year and another secondary piece or two (ESPECIALLY a safety) and I think this team will compete at a much higher level. They'll resign Maclin and get him back off injury and Arrelious Benn....I feel like they're set on offense for a while but that defense needs some major work yet.

KK84

Reaction score
It's just the way that fan base seems to operate. One extreme to the other. One year, McNabb was a future hall of famer and the greatest qb to ever breathe and the next year he's a worthless bum. Cracks me up.

CHawk

Reaction score
Also living near Phila most Eagles fans are always delusional, trying to bait my brother-in-law today he just gave me the depends on which Eagles team shows up . I was in full hawk gear.

James in PA

Reaction score
CHawk":1uz5alpj said:
Also living near Phila most Eagles fans are always delusional, trying to bait my brother-in-law today he just gave me the depends on which Eagles team shows up . I was in full hawk gear.
I too live near Philly and it never ceases to amaze me how bipolar their fan base is. Every time they win, they're going to the Super Bowl. Every time they lose, they want to clean house. Sure, you get this stuff with every fan base, but not to the extent that Philly fans take it to. I remember having many arguments with Iggles fans in the mid 90's who actually thought Ray Rhodes and Ty Detmer / Rodney Peete were gonna lead them to the Super Bowl. LOL. Such morons.

Jacklondon36

Reaction score
As a seahawks fan living in Philly, I can tell you that the vast majority of Eagles fans are not as even keeled or rational as you appear to be. That being said, the few smart fans here agree with you 100%. Impossible to be too disappointed in a team that beats the cowgirls in week 17 and takes the NFC east the year after 4-12 if you have half a football brain. Unfortunately, few people here do.[/quote]

Everyone beats the Cowboys in week 17. Hell, My four year old daughter and I beat the Cowboys in week 17.

Over the past 20 years, Dallas has won only six games in week 17 of the season, a 30% win percentage. But the Eagles and the Chiefs did have amazing turn around seasons.

youngchew

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1p1in5kx said:
Haha, I like him.

So do I. He's a diehard, MANIAC football fan. What's the problem??

The guy seems cool as hell, and obviously loves his E-A-G-L-E-S. Only tight asses would see something wrong with it or try to poke fun at the guy....

He's a little weird, but he obviously loves his team, right? So who cares.....?

If you've got a problem with a fanatic at the bar, I assume one would also have an issue with the Blackhole Raiders fans, Cleveland Dog Pound fans, Redskins Hogettes, etc, etc, etc....

TRUE football fans probably have zero issue/problem with that guy at all. :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1htgj8c4 said:
lsheldon":1htgj8c4 said:

Just wait until next year, where every team that plays the Eagles this off-season will be dissecting Chip Kelly's offense and Foles just like most teams did with the read-option after 2012.

I'm sure the Eagles offense will take a step back because of it.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Honestly impressed with what Philly did this year with Foles. Bright days ahead for the franchise.