Why wear short sleeves?

droop828

Reaction score
It's obvious you are freezing because you bundle up on the sidelines and are sporting a turtleneck. Is it just to be cool? "I'm freezing my balls off but I bet the chicks love my display of toughness!"

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Something like that. I think it's silly and if I was the coach I'd insist that my guys wear sleeves.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I've always thought it is nuts for them to dress that way when it is dangerously cold.

willyum

Reaction score
Kap spent a lot of money on his arms wearing sleeves would be counter productive haha

253hawk

Reaction score
Long sleeves can get wet/sweaty and become more slippery as the game goes on (increasing chances for fumbling.) Really, arms and legs don't get all that cold in this kind of weather. It's the hands and feet that go first, so if you can keep those relatively warm your body will take care of the rest.

Also, a lot of players use a mix of Vaseline, warming cream and tiger balm. It creates a nice insulating layer.

Smellyman

Reaction score
253hawk":2plsbiml said:
Long sleeves can get wet/sweaty and become more slippery as the game goes on (increasing chances for fumbling.) Really, arms and legs don't get all that cold in this kind of weather. It's the hands and feet that go first, so if you can keep those relatively warm your body will take care of the rest.

Also, a lot of players use a mix of Vaseline, warming cream and tiger balm. It creates a nice insulating layer.

not with todays materials and not in frigid conditions

253hawk

Reaction score
Hey, don't let facts get in the way of your opinions, man. I just go by what the players say and personal experience.

noflyzone

Reaction score
I always go sleeve-less. When I'm playing football and wearing long sleeve Under Armour, I find that the ball slips out of my grip way easier. UA/compression clothes are typically slick and I hate wearing baggy clothes when playing sports. I also find that my appendages really don't get cold since they are always moving.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Smellyman":1stsqs7w said:
253hawk":1stsqs7w said:

not with todays materials and not in frigid conditions

What? It's common knowledge that sleeves get slippery(especially with sweat) which is why RB's never wear sleeves cause when they carry the ball, it can slip out easily.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
I would always wear sleeves in the cold. I don't think it makes you less manly. I can understand ball handlers not wanting sleeves, but if you are on OL or on D I'd always try to stay warm.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I don't understand why this is a Seahawks forum thread......

noflyzone

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":2evcjhzq said:
I would always wear sleeves in the cold. I don't think it makes you less manly. I can understand ball handlers not wanting sleeves, but if you are on OL or on D I'd always try to stay warm.

Gives the opposition something else to grab at.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
253hawk":2kmvorkb said:

Once you start to sweat and the material gets wet it can actually make you freeze faster. This is the reason that wool is such a good cold weather material, it will keep you from freezing even if it's soaking wet.

hawker84

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":zf1ix5mt said:
Jazzhawk":zf1ix5mt said:

Because Seahawk fans love everything and anything 49er.

I don't see the whiners mentioned until your post?

I always wore sleeves in cold weather, had no problem with fumbles or slippery sleeves, i think it's just a personal choice, but now it's the cool thing to do.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1m059j9a said:
lvnginhwktwn":1m059j9a said:
Jazzhawk":1m059j9a said:

Because Seahawk fans love everything and anything 49er.
How did the troll ban hammer miss you?

I guess it was like you so often say "swing and a miss".....lol