Goodell thinking about expanding playoffs.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
...this is about believing in better, can you make it better, can you make those (division) races better by adding two more teams? That's compelling and that's what we're looking at."

Such an awful idea.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's going to happen. My advice? Relax because it's actually far better and easier than 8 or 18/20 (which will happen with the next CBA).

Why 7? Because it still gives division winners a home game and the conference champ a bye.With the fact that everyone gets 3 playoff games and Dallas in the playoffs. Book it..

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If it means only the #1 seed gets a bye, I'm OK with it. I don't think it'll be an improvement, though.

sutz

Reaction score
This is a revenue enhancer. Nothing else. If you think increasing revenue makes the NFL better, than I guess you like this idea.

I don't. KC gals right, though. It'll probably happen. :229031_shrug:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Whenever Rog "thinks" it's never good! He is a micromanaging moron.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Wasn't this the troglodyte that was complaining that a 7-9 Seahawks team made the playoffs (and then beat the reigning Super Bowl champs)? Well Rog, guess what, it's going to happen more frequently if you expand the playoffs. :34853_doh:

Vpk0718

Reaction score
There are no 7-9 teams that would have made it as a 3rd wild card if this 7 seed system had been in place. However, teams like this year's Cardinals and the 2008 Patriots who finished 11-5 would have been in. Winning your division still guarantees you a home game, and winning your conference still gets you a bye. If this is the only change made then I'm fine with it.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The change is okay as far as it goes but I hate the direction the league is going in regarding adding more teams to the playoffs. One of the things I love about the NFL is that just making the playoffs is a significant accomplishment, whereas in the NBA or NHL it seems like most of the league gets in and you have subpar teams that get thumped in the postseason every year.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
its all about $. Just leave the game alone...its not broke! As a long time and no longer a fan of the NHL I can tell you change is not a good thing...that league is ruined because of all the rule changes..including a penalty for everytime a player gets hit and doesn't get up. I might email Goodell and let him know I am having issues following the ball. Maybe a glow ball with a tail flash when its thrown will work too...it did work for the NHL.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It's not about money silly. It's all about player safety. I've heard a Roger say that countless times.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I really like the set up now.. It lends itself to true rivalry as the division games matter so much..and the balance seems near perfect.

all these changes to make more money long term may not do it.. water the game down enough, etc.. eventually it opens the door for a rival league possibly and almost certainly some loss of interest. Outside of the Seahawks, Id say Ive already lost some overall interest because of the rule changes.