Caldwell in as Lions coach

The Radish

Reaction score
Caldwell has a long trail of success behind him. If he gets any help at all he'll do well there.

Wasn't he the winning offensive coordinator in the SuperB owl last year?

:les:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Radish":1f7cqkbs said:
Caldwell has a long trail of success behind him. If he gets any help at all he'll do well there.

Wasn't he the winning offensive coordinator in the SuperB owl last year?

:les:
Yeah, after they fired the old OC with weeks left.

If I was him, I would talk about 2012 too. The Ravens offense blew chunks in 2013.

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
Worst HC ever, i had years of watching that clown, he shouldnt even be working in the nfl at all imo.

kearly

Reaction score
I only know three things about Caldwell.

-He inherited one of the very best teams in the NFL with maybe the best QB to ever play the game. He auto-piloted that team to a Super Bowl.

-When said QB was lost and the team had a few other noteworthy injuries, he stuck with Curtis Painter nearly all season long and oversaw a team that started a season 0-13, a team that has not won less than 10 games in any other season since 1999. Maybe he had orders from up on high to tank for Luck, in fact, I'd be surprised if he didn't. But I just can't see any coach ever worth a salt following those kinds of orders.

-He has the least inspiring sideline demeanor I've seen from a head coach in some time. He looks like a permanent version of an interim coach. No fire, no confidence, no personality, no extroversion. Reminds me a lot of Keith Gilbertson when UW tanked under his watch in the mid-oughts.

Surely, there must have been better hires out there than Caldwell. Either the Lions know something we don't or they just made a mistake.

While it's true that Caldwell's style of offense fits Detroit's personnel, it's going to take more than being a good fit on offense to turn that team around. That offense was already producing. Offense isn't the Lion's problem. That team needs toughness and fire. They hired the perfectly wrong guy in that respect. Maybe the Lions can slip into the playoffs, but can anyone envision a Caldwell led Lions team beating the physically dominating Seahawks or 49ers in the postseason?

minormillikin

Reaction score
Wow, they got the coach who led the "suck for Luck" campaign.

They must have a 2015 draft pick already in mind.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope the Minnesota job stays open until after the Super Bowl and then they hire he whom shall remain nameless.

CPHawk

Reaction score
How can they hire him, when bevel is still available. SOB

The Outfield

Reaction score
Only the Browns and Vikings left. I think one of them picks from our team and the other picks from the 9ers.

Latest posts