So, who's watching the Pro Bowl?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Why would I watch what Rog has changed the former Pro Bowl into? It was an unwatchable piece o' crap before, then they made it into a real-life fantasy football thing. Screw that.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I like the fact that they're allowing the CBs to play press coverage and that the defensive line are actually rushing the passer.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
GeekHawk":e2z1txfc said:
Why would I watch what Rog has changed the former Pro Bowl into? It was an unwatchable piece o' crap before, then they made it into a real-life fantasy football thing. Screw that.
Because it's better than the previous Pro Bowl format. Whine less! :)

OrFan

Reaction score
Just turned it on, almost un-watchable. The colors are so florescent it hurts the eyes.

nategreat

Reaction score
I actually like it. So many people are automatically hating on it because it's "change." Well, I personally think it's a good change. The draft format makes it very interesting and adds entertainment value, and the players are actually playing pretty dang hard. I've seen a couple unexpectedly hard hits already. I think it is MUCH better than it has been, especially in the past few years.

And if the colors are hurting your eyes, you are old. See an eye doctor, or put on some dark glasses :mrgreen:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3tki05qu said:
This year's game is definitely better than it has been the last few years.
That's because the players realize that Goodell was serious about scrapping it and they want to continue to get their annual trip to Hawaii with their friends and families. It has nothing to do with the new format imo.

Msfann

Reaction score
I flipped to it and saw payton manning talking so i changed the channel. Besides that they took away any reason to watch it. I wanted to see the NFC win the games.

nategreat

Reaction score
Msfann":343crsce said:
I flipped to it and saw payton manning talking so i changed the channel. Besides that they took away any reason to watch it. I wanted to see the NFC win the games.

It's half-time, and it's almost over. They had a Payton Manning interview, followed by a Russell Wilson interview. Personally I never cared who won the games between the AFC and NFC. It's an NFL all-star game, and if the game is played hard, it is fun to watch. If you are a fan of football, you will not be disappointed @ how hard the players are playing today on both teams (considering it's a Pro Bowl, especially). What makes it interesting is when you have players of the same team going against each other, like Jamaal Charles getting hit by Derrick Johnson, and Josh Gordon getting flipped over Browns' safety T.J. Ward.

HawkWow

Reaction score
How can anyone buy into a format where a coach is expected to win, but must attack his own franchise QB to do so?

The draft was demeaning to several vets and I pray to the Gods of football a Hawk never again appears in another Pro bowl (and I live here). Sorry, but the concept is as retarded as the egomaniacal Jerry Rice playing super GM, and f you watched the entire draft, you know what I am referring to.

Sloppiest Pro bowl I've seen in ages...and that's really saying something. I am always grateful for football related entertainment, but not at the risk of any team losing a superstar player. Pull the plug before it starts resembling the NBA all star game.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I actually used to kind of enjoy this game (When it was the last, final game of the season, after the SB, and it was NFC against AFC, and we got to see our guys play!). Now it's just a mish-mash of players from both conferences, without any of our players, and I don't give two shits about who wins. Now I don't care if the game is eliminated, 'cause it's just stupid now. I shut it off because I don't care what side wins. Who really cares?

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1k4ohsi0 said:
I actually used to kind of enjoy this game (When it was the last, final game of the season, after the SB, and it was NFC against AFC, and we got to see our guys play!). Now it's just a mish-mash of players from both conferences, without any of our players, and I don't give two shits about who wins. Now I don't care if the game is eliminated, 'cause it's just stupid now. I shut it off because I don't care what side wins. Who really cares?

My friends and I as well. There was a sense of NFC or AFC pride. Being a Hawk fan, I've been on both sides. There was a streak where probably 20 of us went to the game for like 15 years in a row. Today, I have one friend there and it's quiet enough to where I am trying to talk his drunken ass into running onto the field...just so I can watch his 9er worshipping ass get pummeled and jailed. ; )

After the way Rice was treating some of these great players, I think this IS Goodell's way of pulling the plug. What superstars are going to want to endure this, being a pawn to the attention whoring Jerry Rice (Deion hasn't been nearly as serious / bad, IMO)?