Nate Burleson released by Lions

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing him back here on a 1 year contract, but I really doubt it happens

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I like Nate, but do we need to bring in someone who has only finished 1 full season since 2007 and is 32?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2mxluqvq said:
I like Nate, but do we need to bring in someone who has only finished 1 full season since 2007 and is 32?

Only if he is raising the flag.

Think he can still do a job, just not here, and not in our league please! Dont want our guys to hurt him!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I don't know if he'll be able to find a job during the offseason. It would be a nice gesture for Seattle to sign him but there really is no room for an aging receiver with a DWRP charge (Driving While Reaching for Pizza). He might be signed as the season progresses or when teams lose players to injuries during OTA's and training camp. I loved him while he was here but he can't help this team anymore.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'd rather expend that low-first on a prototype WR and let our coaches try to develop him/cut Rice and see if we can re-sign him on the cheap after he shops around.

However, veteran WRs glutting the market and driving prices down is GOOD. Helps us hang onto Tate and Baldwin.

nategreat

Reaction score
It's funny that he'd be tied for the oldest person on the team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I agree there's no harm in giving the tires a kick. Not that he has a chance to actually make the team but leave no stone unturned and all that jazz.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2zmnla3u said:
I agree there's no harm in giving the tires a kick. Not that he has a chance to actually make the team but leave no stone unturned and all that jazz.

I wouldn't say that he doesn't have a chance to make the team. He could definitely make the team.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Would be a good analyst on NFL network. He's made enough dough already.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":2ihajurg said:
MizzouHawkGal":2ihajurg said:

I wouldn't say that he doesn't have a chance to make the team. He could definitely make the team.
I disagree given his age and fragility it would be far smarter to draft a WR.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2q9hrbx0 said:
KINGGRUMPY":2q9hrbx0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2q9hrbx0 said:

I disagree given his age and fragility it would be far smarter to draft a WR.

Nate would replace a 4th-7th round receiver(that MIGHT make the team)... Nate has a chance and that depends on how many receivers we keep. I'll take his experience at that position over a glorified practice squad player any day

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a horrible option but fact is we will be drafting a wide receiver much higher than the 4th round. I figure 1st-2nd round depending on if a good OL drops.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2bg8rqt9 said:
It wouldn't be a horrible option but fact is we will be drafting a wide receiver much higher than the 4th round. I figure 1st-2nd round depending on if a good OL drops.

1-2 round receiver? I just don't see it. I think the 1st two rounds are going to go to a DL/OL/TE/LB. 3rd round at best for a WR is my prediction.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":37dal5rr said:
KINGGRUMPY":37dal5rr said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we have two OL in rounds 1-2

I would be both horrified and surprised if they went that route.

Any other QB would have been on the IR with that inconsistent protection from the OL.

You would really be surprised by something that this FO does in the draft? Did you predict the Irvin or Michael pick?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":no1iqj32 said:
Sarlacc83":no1iqj32 said:
KINGGRUMPY":no1iqj32 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we have two OL in rounds 1-2

I would be both horrified and surprised if they went that route.

Any other QB would have been on the IR with that inconsistent protection from the OL.

You would really be surprised by something that this FO does in the draft? Did you predict the Irvin or Michael pick?

Michael, yes. And I predicted Chandler Jones in 2012 so I got the pass rush aspect correct.

The FO trusts Cable to turn coal into diamonds. And considering the corncupia of TEs and WRs this year, as well as the paucity of OL, it would be a bad idea to reach for an OG. Every year, people want to waste all the first round draft picks on OL. SF has a great offensive line, based on high draft picks. Have they won the Super Bowl with that group?