C-Alex Mack

SDHawk

Reaction score
Is Alex Mack a player that the Hawks should consider signing?

We could sign Mack and use it as leverage to restructure Max Unger and move him to RG. If he doesn't restructure, we can trade him for a 3rd/4th.

Re-sign Breno to a smallish deal and our Oline looks beast.

LT: Russell Okung
LG: Alvin Bailey | James Carpenter
C: Alex Mack
RG: Max Unger | JR Sweezy
RT: Breno Giacomini | Michael Bowie

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Unger sucked at guard! When healthy, Max is the best Center in the game. He battled a tricep and bicep injury all season that affected his Play. I expect him to have a bounce back season next year much like Kam did this year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I suspect Unger was injured much worse than we were told similar to Kam last year when he looked different. Give him the offseason to heal up and I imagine we will see him return to form.

Jville

Reaction score
The forever young mantra requires that they look ahead 2 or 3 years at as many positions as possible. That look ahead started in earnest last year for the center position. Max Unger is a core leader at center with three years left on his contract. Backup Lemuel Jeanpierre is a free agent.

Scouts identified Jared Smith as a conversion project and Cable validated that by committing time and energy to Smith's development.

Caylin Hauptmann was plucked off of the Browns practice squad and was later designated the backup center after Unger stepped aside and Jeanpierre filled as a temporary starter at center.

Recently signed Greg Van Roten is a guard the Packers were converting into a center.

The forever young mantra searches for inviting development candidates ........ not cap busting veterans.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
mistaowen":198jrtki said:
I suspect Unger was injured much worse than we were told similar to Kam last year when he looked different. Give him the offseason to heal up and I imagine we will see him return to form.

I agree. We heard bits and pieces throughout the season. Some of these dude play through some dirty stuff. He just seemed off, its not age, I think he bounces back.

He is also not a true strength on the team even when healthy. I don't think the $$$ should be tied up in Unger. We should be looking to replace him, so that money can be distributed elsewhere (LOB).

Jville

Reaction score
I think Cable is on schedule at center. Max Unger has 3 years left to help prep his replacement. He is a designated core leader up front. When he is out of the lineup, the additional burden of line calls falls on Russell Wilson. With guard positions in transition, Unger's continued presence and leadership is invaluable to those positions as well.