Aaron Levine Thinks We Should Get This Guy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 1h
The surprise player the #Seahawks should go after this offseason - Jonathan Martin.

Says we can get him for about 2 million, compared to Okung at 11 million.

He knows Baldwin and Sherman.

And he's a west coast guy.

Shouldn't be a distraction.

Thinks if we don't sign him, SF will.

theascension

Reaction score
Not a distraction? Really? All the media will do is berate him with 'how's the locker room' questions and berating everyone else with 'is he fitting in alright?' questions.
Malcolm Smith would be the same reason (media circus). Unless Pete thinks he can handle the media circus I'm sure there's better players out there.

drdiags

Reaction score
Levine is a Stanford guy as is Martin. Martin was having issues at LT, was moved to RT and was still concerned about his play leading to some depressive thoughts. Maybe a new env helps him but he still was having issues as a lineman. I vote no on Levine's idea.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I'm not going to get into a debate of whether we should or shouldn't sign him. The only thing I will say is that if he were to sign with us obviously Pete and John feel his is a good enough player and that they feel they would be able to keep things under control. Who am I to argue with that? Look at the job that they've done so far.

As for the people worried about the media stuff, didn't Bellicheck do a pretty good job of quieting the whole Tebow circus that was going on while he was in Denver?

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
When he was talking about not being a distraction, I think he said being familiar or friends with Baldwin/Sherman would help him fit in.

two dog

Reaction score
After Martin gets a load of Cable, he may think Incognito was a pantywaist.

I'll bet Richie never broke a guys jaw in the locker room.
At least nobody who was facing him.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if he's an Okung replacement but I wouldn't be against bringing the guy in.

davidonmi

Reaction score
And who would play LT? Breno? Please. Bowie or Bailey? No
Let's ignore the off the field stuff have you heard people Martin was terrible at LT. Te-ri-ble

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think we should go after him too. we need O-line help and he still has yet to prove he can't be a starter.

He would be cheap, has guys he played with on our team, and I don't see that igcognito junk happening in our locker room. I mean I'm not so naïve as to think it's not lewd at times but not like that.

If any team can deal with the attention it's us, and we can use all the bargains we can get.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If he's good enough then I don't have a problem going for him, I'm just not convinced that he's starter quality.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
well he's only had really one season to prove it, on a mediocre team with an overall bad o-line and obvious neglect on the team at that position group. I imagine with some friends on the team and a better locker room and the leadership of Tom Cable there probably isn't a better place for him to come and play well if he's going to do it anywhere.

Brithawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":14zbqm5f said:
And who would play LT? Breno? Please. Bowie or Bailey? No
Let's ignore the off the field stuff have you heard people Martin was terrible at LT. Te-ri-ble
Of which some can be put down to the abuse he was getting from supposed teammates. Hardly an environment in which someone can thrive. He may not be elite but could do a job if given support

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Look what Cable did with Sweezy.

It also took Marshawn a year or two before he finally went to Cable and have him show him how his system works. And once Lynch bought into it, he improved too.

But Cable twice called Lynch "brilliant" while explaining how Seattle's running game took off following a slow start in 2011 once he got Lynch to embrace the principles of his scheme.

"I think first it was to find out what is important to him, how does he see it. From there, once that connection was made, it was like, he has no idea but he was made for this system," Cable said. "So once I was able to show him how this will help him because of who he is and how he does things, he just grabs onto it.

"He's such a brilliant guy. People don't probably understand that or appreciate that about him. He's, in a lot of ways, an expert at football. He understands how to run it, why, what do I need to do, how do I set up combinations, he understands all the protection, doesn't miss a route, all those things. What people didn't know is that Marshawn is really brilliant.

"And I think once you connect it to that, don't just make him a running back, make it a little more human, and he saw that and he said, 'OK, what do you want me to do?' And when that happened, you've seen the last two years.

I will trust in our coaches and gm if they decide to kick the tires on him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1u0bq0ff said:
well he's only had really one season to prove it, on a mediocre team with an overall bad o-line and obvious neglect on the team at that position group. I imagine with some friends on the team and a better locker room and the leadership of Tom Cable there probably isn't a better place for him to come and play well if he's going to do it anywhere.

Fair comment.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3emp1nkb said:
Um.........I don't know about that.
Um....might be time to stop wringing your hands already :thirishdrinkers: Chill.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1bj8c7dy said:
I think we should go after him too. we need O-line help and he still has yet to prove he can't be a starter.

He would be cheap, has guys he played with on our team, and I don't see that igcognito junk happening in our locker room. I mean I'm not so naïve as to think it's not lewd at times but not like that.

If any team can deal with the attention it's us, and we can use all the bargains we can get.

Yeah, the closest thing to a bully that we have on OL is Breno, but he's a pussycat unless your an opponent lined up across the LOS from him. Now if Philbin was our coach, there may be more peeps in the locker room wanting to relieve the stress on somebody 8)

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up a draft pick for him and there's no way they'll cut Okung to save money and play Martin at LT. It might be worth bringing him in to compete for a spot at RT and for LT depth, though.

Martin was a 2nd round pick so he must have some talent. After reading some of the report I think Miami was just a terrible environment for him and he might do better in a positive environment like Seattle's.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hmm I could take this thread a lot more seriously if it wasn't coming from Aaron Levine. Dude seems like a total faker when it comes to football. I think he's just in it for a paycheck, he doesn't seem passionate or knowledgeable whatsoever from what I've seen. Seems very out of his element and even uncomfortable with any football related discussions during the broadcasts.

That being said, I do think Okung is overpayed along with Unger. I hope we cut McQuistan, and I'm 50/50 on Giacomini, leaning towards we trade him for someone cheap and young with more potential.

I feel our offensive line was downright atrociously awful and nearly cost us many games and could have very well lost us our #1 NFC spot. So maybe what Aaron is saying is legit, I just don't know anything about Jonathan Martin and how good he is. Judging by looks alone he looks tubby and soft willed, I don't think it would work but you can never judge a book by it's cover when it comes to talent.