49ers likely to trade up for Benjamin, Evans , or Lee.

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Here is an interview from Matt Barrows where he states that the 49ers
could very likely package picks to get higher in the 1st round. He feels
like te 49ers will target one of the other big name receivers in this draft.

I personally would love a Big receiver like Evans. Maybe then we would have a
guy where you could actually justify throwing a fade in the end zone against a player like Sherman.
I wouldnt mind Lee falling to us either though. I know he had some nagging injuries
last year, but you gotta remember he was considered maybe the best receiver in the nation
2 years ago. I think he's gonna be a baller at the next level and I would be ecstatic if we got em.

Would a 1st (30th) 2nd(61th) and 3rd (94th) be enough to get into the top 10??
Or would a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4rth, 5th. Be enough for top 5 and maybe taking Watkins?
I know this is wishful thinking but would it be possible.
Even if they give those 5 picks up they still have. 1st top 5, 2nd (chiefs), 3rd(titans) and 4rth(comp)
We do not have the spots to draft so many guys, so its a foregone conclusion we will trade up.
Question is how high?
Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1967 ... mike-evans

Before anyone starts to say bleacher report is horrible.
Its through bleacher report but its an interview of Matt Barrows from the Sacramento Bee.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
What, Jonny Baldwin isn't all that?

They have a ton of picks, and not that many roster holes to fill, so it makes sense.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2x71alro said:
What, Jonny Baldwin isn't all that?

They have a ton of picks, and not that many roster holes to fill, so it makes sense.

LOL guess not, but they are actually trying to restructure his contract in order for him to stay.
Havent given up on him yet I guess. I wonder If this has anything to do with them refusing to
admit Jenkins was a complete mistake.

Cuz if you still have Baldwin you could still rationalize it by saying well he may not have
fit here for x or y reason. But we got Baldwin for him, so as long as they still have him.
Its not a complete loss. Once Baldwins done they admit its a complete wash.
Idk just my opninion

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Throwdown":v3wdqb53 said:
Psh Benjamin will be there with his stone hands, go ahead and take him plz

Well Im not so sure he will.
If you remember Heyward Bey had the same issues if not more and he was a top 10 pick,
and he didnt even have the measurables Benjamin has.

I think Benjamin has a lot to lose this scouting Combine.
The guy is reprtedly 6'5 235 can squat 600 lbs. He's said to have a 4.3 40
So if he measures at that and is able to run a 4.3 40 I think
He will be a top 15 pick. I watched a lot of seminole games and a lot of his drops
are just mental ones. He's turning up field before securing the ball.
Im sure some NFL team will think they can help him fix that and will take a gamble on him.
But if he measures at 6'3 or something and runs a 4.45 then he will probly be late 1st round pick.

Idk if you remember when Michael Crabtree came out of colllege he was listed at 6'3
and at the combine he only measured at 6'1 I think thats part of the reason he fell to the 49ers

Brahn

Reaction score
If the Niners feel they could grab a premier WR in the draft it would allow them to move on from Boldin and put his $$ towards pressing needs like a CB or Safety if(When) they let Whitner go.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They will move up I would put the odds near 100%. They have far too many picks for slots open. It would only make sense to bundle them and move up

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Probably a good idea. I too hope they take Benjamin. Would be great.

Oh an people need to stock mocking bucannon to the 9ers. Stay away from the coug.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I hope they grab Marqise Lee. I don't think that guy would stand up to the LoB at all. Benjamin doesn't scare me, either. I've read that he takes plays off - which is death against Seattle (and the reason I don't think Seattle would get him.)

Evans would be a good get, and Beckham probably wouldn't hurt them either.

Exittium

Reaction score
Well the fact still remains.. It doesnt after who the 49ers draft.. They still suck, and the Hawks are WORLD CHAMPIONS! heh.. Had to.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Exittium":3jo1fyum said:
Well the fact still remains.. It doesnt after who the 49ers draft.. They still suck, and the Hawks are WORLD CHAMPIONS! heh.. Had to.

Yea but you gotta admit if we go up and draft Watkins and resign Boldin. Yall gotta be concerned.

Boldin- Crabtree- Watkins- Davis- Patton

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MikeHoncho7":37fb9mio said:
Exittium":37fb9mio said:

Yea but you gotta admit if we go up and draft Watkins and resign Boldin. Yall gotta be concerned.

Boldin- Crabtree- Watkins- Davis- Patton

If Sammy Watkins falls to #20, there will be so much trading up action that the Arizona Cardinals would get multiple picks from the other teams, including a 2015 first rounder. Either that, or he's got such a bad degenerative disease (he doesn't), that no one will touch him.

No way he falls to SF.

Marvin49

Reaction score
To be honest I'd be kinda surprised if they traded up.

I think they may even trade down to pick up another pick next year and make all 6 selections before the end of the 3rd round.

They only have a few holes right now, but the positions they need to bolster are deep this year (WR/CB) so they will probably stockpile a bit for the future.

If they get Boldin back, they really might have only 1 starting position open...SS.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uh-Oh.

Mike Evans arms measured at over 35 inches. Baalke LOVES himself some long armed athletes. LOL.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3eiq2n7q said:
Uh-Oh.

Mike Evans arms measured at over 35 inches. Baalke LOVES himself some long armed athletes. LOL.

For some reason the way you said that gave me a different impression of Baalke's interest than you probably intended.