Holy Crap: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wow, what a wild, bizzaro-land trade that would have been. So glad it didn't happen! Imagine a whole slew of picks to the 49ers in exchange for the chance for Harbaugh to throw tantrums and choke twice a year against his brother instead of us. Bleh!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Where's that article from earlier that said Harbaugh and Baalke's relationship was strained?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cleveland sports radio guy:

Joe Lull ‏@LullOnSports 11m
Browns never reached out to Harbaugh. HE TOLD THEM HE WANTED THE JOB when they called on Roman & Tomsula.

WOW.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't this imply that the 49ers organization was fine with the deal, but Harbaugh himself nixed it? Not exactly a great vote of confidence for their coach.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If the Niners melt down next year, the gloating on this board will be intolerable.

For 49er fans. Because I will never let them forget that the Seahawks pretty much made Harbaugh rage-quit.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
He knows that the niners are beginning to decline and wants an "up-and-comer" with high draft selections where he would have more say.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I called a less-than-stellar 2014 49ers season even before this news. This only serves to validate my surmising that the 49ers are too beat up and dysfunctional to maintain the pace they've been setting. While they won't fall back into ineptitude like the previous decade, I think this does signal a decline into mediocrity.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":8udqm0dq said:
I called a less-than-stellar 2014 49ers season even before this news.
Not for nothin', but most of the forum has kind of thought that, already. They have some key stars that are aging, and have missed on a lot of draft picks the last couple of years. It's bound to catch up.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":b6vmk8j7 said:
If the Niners melt down next year, the gloating on this board will be intolerable.

For 49er fans. Because I will never let them forget that the Seahawks pretty much made Harbaugh rage-quit.

I'm thinking the 49ers finish 8-8, Harbaugh gets suspended for punching a ref, Aldon drunk drives onto a field, an earthquake splits Russell Wilson stadium in half and the Hawks win SB49.

Like that?

jblaze

Reaction score
Harbaugh is the one who initiated the contact and the 49ers were ok with it. It apparently failed due to disagreements over compensation. Harbaugh I'm sure wanted to be the highest paid coach in the league. Also the draft picks would have been significant and they're more important than 1 or 2m in coaches salary so WTF?

Here's a question to Hawk fans:

Would you rather have Harbaugh "traded" and the SF get a bunch of early picks or Harbaugh stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.