Could Arizona Lose Super Bowl XLIX?

randomation

Reaction score
Not going to go into the politics as to why this could happen but it has happened before ironically to Arizona as well then; at the time they moved it to Pasadena since San Fran already has a super bowl in 2016 could Seattle be a possible back up just wondering.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Probably not. What I've read on it says they'd keep the game at U of P stadium but move all the festivities to Pheonix on account of Glendale sucking so bad. If they did move the whole works on short notice, I'd guess they'd probably go somewhere that's more plug n play for a Super Bowl like New Orleans or Miami or something.

OP
OP
R

randomation

Reaction score
CANHawk":qxjs54bc said:
Probably not. What I've read on it says they'd keep the game at U of P stadium but move all the festivities to Pheonix on account of Glendale sucking so bad. If they did move the whole works on short notice, I'd guess they'd probably go somewhere that's more plug n play for a Super Bowl like New Orleans or Miami or something.

Ah k, and it wouldn't be short notice whoever got it would have likely 8 plus months to prep depending on certain things happening has nothing to do with Glendale sucking has to do with certain things that may be passing in the state in a short time that many are equating to the kind of thing that took it away from them last time. Really trying hard to avoid politics but it would be a complete move was just wondering since otherwise I think the super bowls are already set for the next five years or so.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think you're underestimating it. 8 months IS short notice for something the size of the Super Bowl landing in your back yard if you are otherwise unprepared.

And I'm pretty sure Glendale sucks.

JMR

Reaction score
All I know is we can't allow the 49ers to win SB49.

Ruminator

Reaction score
randomation":2ewlljrl said:
Not going to go into the politics as to why this could happen but it has happened before ironically to Arizona as well then; at the time they moved it to Pasadena since San Fran already has a super bowl in 2016 could Seattle be a possible back up just wondering.

Excuse me, what?

Feels like someone jumped right into Chapter 8 of a 12-chapter book leaving me wondering what was discussed in the first half of the book.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":2wvgls3b said:
randomation":2wvgls3b said:

Excuse me, what?

Feels like someone jumped right into Chapter 8 of a 12-chapter book leaving me wondering what was discussed in the first half of the book.

I've heard two stories. One is because Glendale sucks and doesn't have proper amenities (hotels, restraunts, etc) to support all the surrounding hoopla. Two (and more likely the reason for OP's "don't want to talk politics" precursor) the bigot crackers who run Arizona are in the process of passing a bill that will give all businesses the right to refuse service to gay people on grounds of religious beliefs or whatever or some such shit. Uncle Rog (who is usually wrong on most things, but right this time) is threatening to yank the SB and play it someplace else that isn't stuck in the 1950's if the bill isn't vetoed by the governor.

That about right OP?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't move, we've already put money down on renting a sweet house in Glendale for SB week.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
We're booking Vegas for the SB soon. If we hit the lottery, we'll just drive down.
If they move it, We'll just fly.

oasis

Reaction score
Arizona's super bowel movement. That is all.

edit: nevermind someone beat me to it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
oasis":2f717kjg said:
Arizona's super bowel movement. That is all.

edit: nevermind someone beat me to it.

It's such a great pun because their stadium looks like one of those space age Taiwanese toilets.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":r0ofn2e5 said:
JMR":r0ofn2e5 said:
All I know is we can't allow the 49ers to win SB49.
Or Superbowl 50. I could die satisfied if we win the Superbowl at Russell Wilson Stadium.
I can already die satisfied cuz my Hawks finally got the Lombardi. But yeah, how freakin' awesome would it be to win 50 in the Whiners shiny new stadium? (answer: VERY, VERY awesome!)

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I think they should move the Super Bowl, as they did when AZ refused to recognise Martin Luther King Day.

I'll steer briefly into politics just so people understand the implications:
The bill allows the government or business owners to refuse entry or service to people on the basis of religious beliefs. While intended to protect businesses from having to offer services for gay marriages, the bill could also be used by protestants to discriminate against Catholics, which over 90% of Mexicans are. Or to refuse service to people of middle-eastern decent unless they can prove they are Christian. Or Jewish people. Depending on how far you want to stretch the term "religion", a KKK member would be free to practice open discrimination.

It's seriously backward stuff.

The Super Bowl a big game, but it also includes an entire entourage of people of all races, religions, and sexual orientations. It needs to operate in a free environment.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3d2qt5jf said:
I think they should move the Super Bowl, as they did when AZ refused to recognise Martin Luther King Day.

I'll steer briefly into politics just so people understand the implications:
The bill allows the government or business owners to refuse entry or service to people on the basis of religious beliefs. While intended to protect businesses from having to offer services for gay marriages, the bill could also be used by protestants to discriminate against Catholics, which over 90% of Mexicans are. Or to refuse service to people of middle-eastern decent unless they can prove they are Christian. Or Jewish people. Depending on how far you want to stretch the term "religion", a KKK member would be free to practice open discrimination.

It's seriously backward stuff.

The Super Bowl a big game, but it also includes an entire entourage of people of all races, religions, and sexual orientations. It needs to operate in a free environment.

Excuse me....someone from another country telling an American state how to run their business? Seems out of line to me.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
This is really an impossible topic to discuss without speaking to the politics of the matter.

Either way, the title of this thread should read something like: "Could Arizona Lose Super Bowl XLIX?" or "SB XLIX might leave Arizona," or something like that.

OP
OP
R

randomation

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":15z1dm3c said:
This is really an impossible topic to discuss without speaking to the politics of the matter.

Either way, the title of this thread should read something like: "Could Arizona Lose Super Bowl XLIX?" or "SB XLIX might leave Arizona," or something like that.

But its inspired such great comparisons of their stadium to a toilet give me a sec and I will see I can change it.

Also I'm from the US and agree with Kiwi on it being seriously backwards but lets go back to comparing Arizona's stadium to a Japanese toilet that's far more enjoyable then politics okay :D

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Japanese toilets are kick-ass, by the way. I speak from first-hand knowledge.

Keeping this thread topical: Go Seahawks.