Combine Electronic timing proves inconsistent.

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
For some reason the 40 times this year have seemed extremely slow.
Sanz for a few players.
After looking at the following GIF I dont know how reliable and consistent
the electronic timing is.

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/random/ja ... sh-98926/#

J.Clowner was timed at 4.53
Well so was Kaepernick. Why was he dusted by Clowney.
Not to mention Cam Newtons was 4.56 and he beat Kap.
Idk about this timing tbh.
THoughts?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Kaepernick was timed at 4.63 according to the combine coverage the past couple days.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1kzrmfdv said:
Kaepernick was timed at 4.63 according to the combine coverage the past couple days.

Thats a lie, I think they did that because how were they gonna say Kap ran a 4.53 according to their e.timing.
And the video shows Clowney smoking both who was also 4.53
'You can look at several sources they all show Cam at 4.56 and Kap at 4.53

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaep ... NFL_career

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think the whole system has always been busted, which is friggin awesome, because 40 time is ridiculously overrated anyway.

The way I see it people who care about the 40 yard dash have actually been getting trolled this whole time, which is what they deserved. :)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MikeHoncho7":1matcco8 said:
Seanhawk":1matcco8 said:

Thats a lie, I think they did that because how were they gonna say Kap ran a 4.53 according to their e.timing.

I'm not lying. That is what they have said. I couldn't give two shits about Kaepernick or what his 40 time is.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Seanhawk":ttf2goiq said:
MikeHoncho7":ttf2goiq said:
Seanhawk":ttf2goiq said:

I'm not lying. That is what they have said. I couldn't give two shits about Kaepernick or what his 40 time is.

:34853_doh:

I wasnt saying you were lying. I was saying they were lying.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread. The times are inconsistent.

Kap ran an official 4.53. It listed as the official time on their website and on the video on his combine profile. All of the sudden now its 4.63. Vernons was 4.38 and now its 4.40.

I dunno what the deal is. Did they go back and change the times?

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Marvin49":2imn5wkd said:

Kap ran an official 4.53. It listed as the official time on their website and on the video on his combine profile. All of the sudden now its 4.63. Vernons was 4.38 and now its 4.40.

yea I dont know why that is.
All that comes to mind is that when they ran the video of all 3 together.
They thought, We cant show that Kap had a 4.53 if we're claiming that Clowneys official time is also 4.53.
And the Video shows Clowney smoking Kap.
Um yea lets just say Kaps was 4.63 maybe no one will notice. LOL
Thats really all I can think happened.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":8njb8p7e said:

They're pushing Manziel just like Luck everyone with a brain and eyes knows Keapernick and Wilson are noticeably faster and that Wilson is as least as quick as Manziel (quicker in my opinion). I am sensing a subtle form of racism here for real.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1xofvvcy said:
Marvin49":1xofvvcy said:

They're pushing Manziel just like Luck everyone with a brain and eyes knows Keapernick and Wilson are noticeably faster and that Wilson is as least as quick as Manziel (quicker in my opinion). I am sensing a subtle form of racism here for real.

I don't know about the racism part, but I do believe they are "putting Manziel over". The NFL hype machine has to hype someone.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ge1m8oj said:
MizzouHawkGal":1ge1m8oj said:
Marvin49":1ge1m8oj said:

I don't know about the racism part, but I do believe they are "putting Manziel over". The NFL hype machine has to hype someone.
I may be wrong about the racism but something smells in Denmark. Personally I think it's hilarious that the NFL is just making Wilson's chip grow evermore larger, like he actually cares or needs it mind you. He so reminds me or Montana emotionally and in personality. Pure cold blooded assassian.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
That combine timing has always been a crapshoot. My understanding is it is only half electronic. It is manually started and then electronically ended so is all dependent on the operator's reaction time. I don't really care much about the 40 times other than if they are in the general area they should be for the position you are looking at.

Marvin49

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":36dtdrzt said:
That combine timing has always been a crapshoot. My understanding is it is only half electronic. It is manually started and then electronically ended so is all dependent on the operator's reaction time. I don't really care much about the 40 times other than if they are in the general area they should be for the position you are looking at.

Thats all well and good, but what is confusing me is that they are actually CHANGING Official times from the past.

The below capture is from NFL Networks site.

Kapspd zps8695299c

Now when I'm watching the Combine this weekend they are listing him a 4.63.

I don't really care what the official number is, I just want to know why their official numbers are changing. Did someone go back and redo the times somehow? Whats also off is that in the vid with all of them running together Kap and Newton are almost right on top of each other and the "official" times are 3/100s of a second apart. Both beat Manziel by a healy margin and Kap is only 5/100ths of a second ahead?

Something is weird.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My guess is that someone made a typo somewhere and the wrong info is therefore getting relayed by the "stats guy" into the announcers' headsets.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
There is no conspiracy here. The time you are seeing is the unofficial hand time by Charly Casserly. The official time is almost always slower and is done electronically. Why they can't get the electronic numbers immediately I don't know but if you watched the combine at all you would already know this. Once again no conspiracy and no racism(for goodness sakes thats ridiculous). The first time they give for the forty is not the official electronic time thats all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
sc85sis":1e8c895x said:
My guess is that someone made a typo somewhere and the wrong info is therefore getting relayed by the "stats guy" into the announcers' headsets.

I'd guess that if there weren't a NUMBER of them that changed.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1hdrtpjf said:
There is no conspiracy here. The time you are seeing is the unofficial hand time by Charly Casserly. The official time is almost always slower and is done electronically. Why they can't get the electronic numbers immediately I don't know but if you watched the combine at all you would already know this. Once again no conspiracy and no racism(for goodness sakes thats ridiculous). The first time they give for the forty is not the official electronic time thats all.

Nope.

4.53 was Kaps OFFICIAL time, not the unofficial hand time. That's why it says "official" in the screencap. Vernons 4.38 was official as well.

BTW...I'm not saying like these guys are being robbed of something. Kap is plenty fast in games so don't really care what his 40 time at the combine was. I'm sure the same has happened to several other players as well...I'm just saying the numbers have changed. I want to know why they were changed.

I highly doubt it's something nefarious....maybe they just got a more accurate time by retesting watching the video. Who knows. I'm just curious why the times were changed.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Marvin49":4kvnu28i said:
Natethegreat":4kvnu28i said:

Nope.

4.53 was Kaps OFFICIAL time, not the unofficial hand time. That's why it says "official" in the screencap. Vernons 4.38 was official as well.

BTW...I'm not saying like these guys are being robbed of something. Kap is plenty fast in games so don't really care what his 40 time at the combine was. I'm sure the same has happened to several other players as well...I'm just saying the numbers have changed. I want to know why they were changed.

I highly doubt it's something nefarious....maybe they just got a more accurate time by retesting watching the video. Who knows. I'm just curious why the times were changed.

Yea Like I said before. They probably did it. Cuz it doesnt make sense
to have Jadaveon Clowney run a 4.53 and smoke Kap who also had a 4.53 official.
They though it would be easier to say, hey lets just say it was a 4.63
Other wise they would have to say, Um this "official" timing is wildly inconsistent.
As you can see both Clowney and Kap ran official times of 4.53 and one is much faster than the other.