Jeff Fisher on Rich Eisen "I want respect in the game"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Says the guy who's DB looked up stuff about Steve Smith on the internet the spewed it all at him during thier game. Steve Smith later said if he sees Janoris Jenkins on the street he's going to punch him in the mouth. Yea Coach, that's respect.

And didn't your team try to win against the Seahawks by going after people in the game only to get penalized right and left? And aren't you the guy who used to have Gregg Williams as your DC and now you are hiring him again?

He's been listening to too much Aretha Franklin maybe? What a hypocrite.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Didn't hear the interview, but Fisher's teams have historically played dirty. I watched a number of their games from this past season, and it was certainly no exception. It's no coincidence that he brought Cortland Finnegan over from Tennessee. The games St. Louis played in San Francisco and Seattle this year were utterly embarrassing to watch.

Pete has typically been extremely complimentary of Fisher (both have USC and Defensive Backs ties), but was it me, or did Pete seem especially annoyed at the end of that last game at C-Link?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
They will never beat us playing as undisciplined as they were in that week 17 game.

If that's their plan to close the gap, keep going Jeff.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Pretty smart. Get everyone else to play with respect while you cheat. Classic prisoner's dilemma solution.

Claden

Reaction score
Interesting, coming from that guy. :roll:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
If you want respect in the game, Jeff, tell your players to start playing with respect. That Rams team that came to Seattle last December played one of the dirtiest games I have ever seen.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":cul9she0 said:
If you want respect in the game, Jeff, tell your players to start playing with respect. That Rams team that came to Seattle last December played one of the dirtiest games I have ever seen.

And then he hires the Bounty guy, Greggggg Williams, for D coordinator. I hope he is developing acid reflux thinking about how he is never going to get the Lambs out of last place no matter how many top 10 picks they have on the team. Keep saying that Bradford is a leader, keep saying the right things to the mediots, but deep down, when he is alone with his thoughts, Fisher knows he is going to be just another failure for them. He has no soul, he is a fraud, a coward and a little man. He should sell Kirby vacuums.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm kind of starting to wonder about The Stache®. This year will be very meaningful in regards to him in a lot of ways.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":24jlfyid said:
I'm kind of starting to wonder about The Stache®. This year will be very meaningful in regards to him in a lot of ways.
With the picks he has and this draft it may be make or break for him especially since it seems even Arians out coaches him.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1f3khgp8 said:
RolandDeschain":1f3khgp8 said:
With the picks he has and this draft it may be make or break for him especially since it seems even Arians out coaches him.

I wouldn't go that far. Rams went 1-1 against Arizona and the loss in AZ was with Clemens under center.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Before Fisher we had Spags and his four high and mighty ethical pillars. Under him, we had the worst losing streak of any NFL team ever I think.

So, I am giving the Stache some time and happy as hell we have him instead of Spags.

Subzero717

Reaction score
dcbshowstopper":dh521yr0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":dh521yr0 said:
RolandDeschain":dh521yr0 said:
I'm kind of starting to wonder about The Stache[REGISTERED SIGN]. This year will be very meaningful in regards to him in a lot of ways.

I wouldn't go that far. Rams went 1-1 against Arizona and the loss in AZ was with Clemens under center.

Thats head to head true. However, Az finished 10-5 and stache still well. Arians has done a great job coaching. Given the high draft picks they have in St Louis and the lack of developing the picks Demitroffs cabana boy has made I dont see them above the averahe they have been. I do expect them yo remain cheap shot artists, dirty and undisciplined. Haynesworth, Finnegan theyve followed to St Louis.

OrFan

Reaction score
If he wants respect, perhaps he could become a good coach? Maybe he should have his team and himself act like they belong in the NFL instead of some back alley?

Like I've said before, he is a loser. His career average is third place in the division he is in, not exactly something to brag about.

I really have no idea where anyone ever came up with the idea that he is a good coach.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3cfrf9vr said:
dcbshowstopper":3cfrf9vr said:
MizzouHawkGal":3cfrf9vr said:
RolandDeschain":3cfrf9vr said:
I'm kind of starting to wonder about The Stache[REGISTERED SIGN]. This year will be very meaningful in regards to him in a lot of ways.

Thats head to head true. However, Az finished 10-5 and stache still well. Arians has done a great job coaching. Given the high draft picks they have in St Louis and the lack of developing the picks Demitroffs cabana boy has made I dont see them above the averahe they have been. I do expect them yo remain cheap shot artists, dirty and undisciplined. Haynesworth, Finnegan theyve followed to St Louis.

That is true, but let's be real when we talk about this. We can all agree that Fisher came in and basically blew up a HORRIBLE Rams roster the season before last while Arians came into a much better situation. Also, despite how you feel about Bradford it is very safe to say he is head and shoulders above Clemens as a QB. Bradford missed over half the season (something that can not be ignored), yet Fisher kept this team competitive until the end. You can't simply look at Arizona did this year overall vs the Rams and come to the conclusion that Arians outcoached Fisher. If Palmer suffered the same injury Bradford did, where do you think Arizona would be? I know they would be below .500 most likely. Btw, the only draft picks not developing are Pead and Quick, the rest are developing. Many forget we are still talking about the youngest team in the league, period. Not using it as an excuse but it does take time especially when you throw in the fact that your starting QB is shelved for over half the season. That said, this past season should have the Rams looking for a LEGIT backup QB, which I expect them to do.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I will respond to the part where you say that Bradford is head and shoulders above Clemens.

Bradford was 3-4 as a starter. His 3 wins were against Az in the first game of the season, Houston and Javksonville.

Clemens went 4-5. His wins were against Indy, Chi, NO and Tampa.

Im not making a case that Clemens is better just they are a lot closer than you claim if nothing else.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You lost me at Arians coming into a better situation than Fischer. Fact is Ficsher is a barely. 500 coach and Arians is something like 20-12 or so.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":uwp584ep said:
You lost me at Arians coming into a better situation than Fischer. Fact is Ficsher is a barely. 500 coach and Arians is something like 20-12 or so.
You don't think Arians coming into the Cardinals was a better situation for him than when Fisher came to the Rams?