Tim Kawakami: Carmen Policy on solving the 49ers’ tempest

Jville

Reaction score
But I think the 49ers would have a better shot at it if Baalke and Harbaugh had a third-peer in there; someone who’s not the owner but also is strong enough to represent different levels of power, and the smarts to synthesize them all.

Right now, the way it’s set up, Jed York has to carry a lot of that on himself–he’s the owner, essentially the president, too (though Paraag Marathe has recently been promoted to that position), the CEO, the liaison, the decider, the final say on contracts, the football overseer, the whole deal.
Q: So sometimes were you facing down ultimatums during the dynasty—where it was Walsh saying this has to happen or I’m gone, something like that? Him or me?

-POLICY: It was never was Bill and some other guys. It was mostly Bill and… basically Eddie and ownership and everyone else.

Bill was never really threatened from an authority standpoint. Eddie gave him the authority.

Usually it was a money issue or it was an issue of acknowledgement, contribution and credit.

But the only time that Bill really felt the least bit set back from a position standpoint was when we suggested to him he give up the presidency of the club and give it back to Eddie

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/02/26/carmen-policy-on-solving-the-49ers-tempest-this-really-has-to-be-done-with-a-psychological-and-almost-psychiatric-precision/[/urltargetblank]