Nike says it wants to keep innovating with NFL uniforms

Jville

Reaction score
buchelmet-e1393877641307.jpg
“What we’re interested in is finding what is completely unique about each and every team that we work with,” Nike Creative Director for Football Todd Van Horne said. “We’re very proud of our innovation.”
[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/nike-says-it-wants-to-keep-innovating-with-nfl-uniforms/[/urltargetblank]
uniform03_03_14_2_a.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
Please god no.

I actually like the new 'hawk uniforms, but those ones in Tampa are horrible. Can't find many college informs they have "improved" either.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Tampa unis look like the University of Maryland jerseys had sex with a digital clock.

rigelian

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":b21tmqjf said:
The Tampa unis look like the University of Maryland jerseys had sex with a digital clock.
That would be with a digital clock from the 70s. They are somewhat unique though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I kind of like them. I'm not much of a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, though. I think way too many people are stuck with nostalgia controlling their preferences when it comes to this.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I think there has been a shift in the focal point with these new designs. They are more focused on their field appearance to the stadium crowd and to the television audience. IMO .... that is where the eyeball test lies with these uniforms.

rigelian

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2mv0ksf2 said:
I kind of like them. I'm not much of a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, though. I think way too many people are stuck with nostalgia controlling their preferences when it comes to this.

I'm no traditionalist either. I immediately liked the Seahawks new uniforms. What I don't like is the color accenting the shoulder pads. It looks busy to me. I didn't like those type of uniforms when I wore them when I played little league football in the 70s and I don't like them now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
just trying to make them more complicated for China to replicate....ever see a Hawks jersey from China? awful!! However some of the more traditional jerseys from China are almost spot on!

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think they're ok. Gotta see 'em on the field. I assume they'll mix n' match like Seattle does.

I don't consider myself a traditionalist, but some uni's should stay old-school... Bears, Browns, GB, etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tb067tuz said:

If they took the Gunslinger and gave him Mac 10's instead of his 6 shooter would that offend thee?

Sometimes I think change can be good, this is change for a flood of new dollars nothing more. Identity and tradition are important, it's a part of our history and having remnants of what was for a look at where a team came from or evolution of a team isn't bad. Tweeks and updated things are ok, wholesale makeovers are my problem.

The new Hawk unis have grown on me, just as the Gun Metal Blue ones did. But I am still a bigger fan of what we were as far as colors and combinations when we launched. The Tweek of the Seahawk Logo I liked BTW, it gave the Seahawk a attitude. The old one looked like what it was Native American Art.

You can call me a traditionalist, or Old or stuck in my ways. But I see so much forgotton, at least with a tradition you have questions asked of why, people don't have that to even ask.

I wonder how many Buc fans even know what the original Uniforms and Logo look like anymore. Yeah there were ugly, but those could have been updated to a more intimidating Pirate and I agree with the color change from Pastel Orange and White to the Pewter and Red.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":17axg0if said:
If they took the Gunslinger and gave him Mac 10's instead of his 6 shooter would that offend thee?
Oh, come on; that's not even a remotely fair or apt comparison! He did, however, use other guns and weaponry when he had to.

Sometimes I think change can be good, this is change for a flood of new dollars nothing more. Identity and tradition are important, it's a part of our history and having remnants of what was for a look at where a team came from or evolution of a team isn't bad. Tweeks and updated things are ok, wholesale makeovers are my problem.
I've got no problem with change for the money as long as said change is viewed as largely beneficial by the target audience. Time will tell on that one. Let's be realistic, here; money is the main driving motivator behind almost everything in existence. It's overly pious and hypocritical to act like it's not a valid reason for changing something, in my opinion.

The new Hawk unis have grown on me, just as the Gun Metal Blue ones did. But I am still a bigger fan of what we were as far as colors and combinations when we launched. The Tweek of the Seahawk Logo I liked BTW, it gave the Seahawk a attitude. The old one looked like what it was Native American Art.
I always dislike our original uniforms. I thought the ones we had in the 2000s were great, and the current ones are even better.

You can call me a traditionalist, or Old or stuck in my ways. But I see so much forgotton, at least with a tradition you have questions asked of why, people don't have that to even ask.
This is why we have throwbacks. :)

I wonder how many Buc fans even know what the original Uniforms and Logo look like anymore. Yeah there were ugly, but those could have been updated to a more intimidating Pirate and I agree with the color change from Pastel Orange and White to the Pewter and Red.
A more apt question would be, how many of them want to remember what they looked like anymore? :lol:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
They are disgusting. The helmet looks better but the uni's shapes and colors look random. There should have been more creamsicle, the little bit on the shoulders looks out of place. The digits look like they're endorsed by Jack Bauer. I thought their old unis were among the better looking in the league.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Most of the new NIKE college designs (there are exceptions) are simple, crisp and well done.

No idea what they're trying to do to the NFL.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39kj7w4t said:
HAWKAMANIA":39kj7w4t said:
The digits look like they're endorsed by Jack Bauer.
That makes them awesome. What's wrong with you? :lol:

Awesome if they had quit after 2 or 3 seasons. And yet I will probably watch the return 24 is about to make. I am guessing it will be more like the way a rubber necker watches a bad car accident though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
24 didn't start to stuck until season six I think it was. Maybe five? Either way, I'm watching the new 24 series for sure. :)

kearly

Reaction score
Not perfect, but I kinda like 'em. Especially the numbers. But those flags are still way too big.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The stealers and browns need new uniforms, both of theirs are just butt ugly. I wouldn't dress my dog in either.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":c6seguzo said:
24 didn't start to stuck until season six I think it was. Maybe five? Either way, I'm watching the new 24 series for sure. :)
I watched 24 late in it's run so I definitely will try the remake from the beginning.