Update: Cardinals sign TE Carlson for two years

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1m
Vikings will cut TE John Carlson, per source. Sides had been talking about a restructure but couldn't reach an agreement.

We can bring this guy back at the right price. He is definitely better than Kellen Davis.

Jacksonville might pick him up though.

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 8m
#AzCardinals sign TE John Carlson to a two-year contract.

Jville

Reaction score
He would be wise to consider retiring because of constant concussions.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nothing against the guy, but he is one concussion away from retirement.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This dude could put his helmet on and go down with a concussion.

He should retire.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned. IIRC he has quite a few concussions.

Msfann

Reaction score
Didn't he talk come crap about the Seahawks not long ago? I'm not finding it online though so maybe not.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Arziona Cardinals gave former Vikings TE John Carlson a two-year deal.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I think we may actually see Kam kill someone on the field, if he can even make it on the field.

Off-topic. It's funny that the NFL puts so much emphasis on safety and concussions...then this guy comes out saying he's had too many and that he thinks he should retire, but he continues to play. Why wouldn't they step in and say something to him along the lines of "We're sick of getting sued because of crap like this, you're done son." If he takes one questionable hit and goes down, that defender better have his checkbook out.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wow, a guy with concussion problems signs up to play in the NFC West? Bad move...

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I am really surprised he got that much. No wonder he signed so fast. Would have expected to see near league minimum for him. Never lived up to potential, ever. Below average player with tough concussion history.

Jville

Reaction score
Carlson just couldn't pass up cashing in on the tight end shortage.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":z2qb4oft said:
I think we may actually see Kam kill someone on the field, if he can even make it on the field.

Off-topic. It's funny that the NFL puts so much emphasis on safety and concussions...then this guy comes out saying he's had too many and that he thinks he should retire, but he continues to play. Why wouldn't they step in and say something to him along the lines of "We're sick of getting sued because of crap like this, you're done son." If he takes one questionable hit and goes down, that defender better have his checkbook out.
Then the NFL will get sued by players and the NFLPA for inhibiting their careers, hating on certain individuals, hell maybe harassment; look, this black guy got suspended but this white guy didn't with the same number of concussions!

No way this happens.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Kam lay him out. I haven't forgotten he was talking crap about the Hawks awhile back.