Jared Allen showing his cards?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Jared Allen would be beastly in Seattle. Here is to hoping he would come over for a reasonable deal.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
"Chip on the shoulder" was a good hint of where he's looking.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind to see him take a chance here like Winfield did, wouldn't guarantee him anything though

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Jared Allen still has a motor. If he is looking for a ring at the right price he would make a good part of the rotation. He still plays like an animal

kobebryant

Reaction score
Give him a chance to compete for a spot just like Winfield did. If he can't crack the 53 like Winfield couldn't, then they'll wish him the best of luck and send him on his way.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Comments can be so good :)

"Well there went my dreams of seeing him in the silver and black . Why is winning so important to some of these guys"

ivotuk

Reaction score
"I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go to the falcons. If they get healthy, draft some o-lineman and signed Allen. They definitely have a chance at losing to the Seahawks in the divisional round."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The bit about fair contract means the money's more important than the ring to him, which is perfectly fine, but I don't expect us to grab him unless that comment was made solely for negotiation tactics for other suitors.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Yeah he should of said he would play for dog food if he really wanted a ring. If he signs as a situational pass rusher I say bring him in.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I'd have no problem if Pete and John decided to bring him in. I wouldn't break the bank for him, but if we were able to get him on a one or two year deal I'd be more than happy to have him in Seattle.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd love to have him but only if we can't resign Bennett, or Clemons won't restructure and we have to cut him.

drdiags

Reaction score
Interesting quote here about Allen:

Character Flag: This group includes corners Vontae Davis and Aqib Talib, former Vikings defensive ends Everson Griffen and Jared Allen (regarded as a locker room lawyer, which isn’t great for a team wanting to bring him in as a veteran leader), running back LeGarrette Blount, linebacker Brandon Spikes and quarterback Josh Freeman.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/05/nfl-free-agency-risks/

Not sure where that is coming from.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
drdiags":13xw3ajt said:
Interesting quote here about Allen:

Character Flag: This group includes corners Vontae Davis and Aqib Talib, former Vikings defensive ends Everson Griffen and Jared Allen (regarded as a locker room lawyer, which isn’t great for a team wanting to bring him in as a veteran leader), running back LeGarrette Blount, linebacker Brandon Spikes and quarterback Josh Freeman.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/05/nfl-free-agency-risks/

Not sure where that is coming from.

We wouldn't bring him in as a veteran leader. He'd have to fit in with the kids because the kids are running the show here.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Why would we even bother with him? He'd be too expensive and would cause us to lose and or not be able to resign our own guys. If they an get him for SUPER cheap itd be cool but thats it.

Donk70

Reaction score
keatonisballin":29op44p3 said:
Why would we even bother with him? He'd be too expensive and would cause us to lose and or not be able to resign our own guys. If they an get him for SUPER cheap itd be cool but thats it.
Because Bennett has over-inflated his open market value.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Donk70":2rcf8es4 said:
keatonisballin":2rcf8es4 said:
Because Bennett has over-inflated his open market value.
We'll find out soon enough on a bevy of our FA's since it seems we willing to let them all test free agency. Don't know if that's a great plan but who knows it could work out for us.