Jets release CB Antonio Cromartie

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
ANTONIO CROMARTIE ‏@CRO31
I would like 2 thank the Jets organization so much with helpin me grow as leader and a player. S/O 2 my teammates I wish u guys the best.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
Cromartie was due a $5 million roster bonus this week. Jets save $9.5 million against the cap with his release. #nyj

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Now this one is interesting.... Browner or Cromartie? Would you like a shot at a ring Antonio? Come prove it then.;)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I liked Cromartie like 5 years ago, haha.

Didn't even know this dude was still playing.

kearly

Reaction score
I didn't watch Cromartie much last year, but he was worth every penny they were paying him in 2012 I thought.

Seattle won't sign him, he'll get a good sized deal somewhere. I just hope he stays out of the NFC West.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2ulwb9xp said:
I didn't watch Cromartie much last year, but he was worth every penny they were paying him in 2012 I thought.

Seattle won't sign him, he'll get a good sized deal somewhere. I just hope he stays out of the NFC West.

In 2012 he was nothing short of great. In 2013 he was lit up like a Christmas Tree

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Per a league source, the Jets haven’t closed the door on re-signing Cromartie. However, it’s currently believed they have another cornerback already locked up.

Of course, the Jets aren’t currently permitted to have anything more than negotiations that don’t lead to an agreement. But the thinking is that, before cutting Cromartie loose, the Jets became satisfied that negotiations with another cornerback will become an offer and an acceptance as of 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-for-now/