Hakeem Nicks

aredub

Reaction score
Hypothetical here, but say we lose Golden Tate. Nicks wants a long term deal but also mentioned he'd be open to a one year prove it deal. Anyone else found that a little intriguing. I'm not a huge fan but a one year deal would be pretty sweet in my opinion. Lining him up with Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse, also add in hopefully a nice WR draft pick. Again this is just hypothetical if we were to lose Tate. Just curious what everyone's thoughts would be on this.

ctrcat

Reaction score
He's from Charlotte, went to Chapel Hill, lives in Charlotte, and Panthers GM Dave Gettleman was with the Giants when he was drafted. The Panthers are also desperate for WR. I have no idea what will happen but if he's not a Panther I would wonder if there's a better reason than a horrible year last year. What he wants may not be realistic and he may have to settle. JMO. We'll know soon.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":e6pxpfjm said:
He's from Charlotte, went to Chapel Hill, lives in Charlotte, and Panthers GM Dave Gettleman was with the Giants when he was drafted. The Panthers are also desperate for WR. I have no idea what will happen but if he's not a Panther I would wonder if there's a better reason than a horrible year last year. What he wants may not be realistic and he may have to settle. JMO. We'll know soon.

This. They've also got a bunch of money and would likely offer more than what we'd be prepared to (not that I expect us to be). If he doesn't end up there then I think we could see Tate catching passes from Newton next year.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Exactly, Nicks is an ideal fit in CAR, who needs WR's and has cap room.
No thanks, I'd rather get 2 or 3 other guys instead, maybe even keep hauschka

rideaducati

Reaction score
People keep telling me this guy is "elite", but I don't see anything near elite from the guy. Not interested.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maybe on a prove it deal but I'd rather they draft a guy and bring in some UFDA guys. It seems to work for us.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we lose Tate I'd be up for a 1 year prove it year because I think he is very talented but I also think he might not fit in well here and would be an ideal fit in Carolina.