So with Bennett in and Red out....

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Could we still sign, Jared Allen for the rotation?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Why? We need to sign MacDonald and the other guy before that. Let's just go with that and Scruggs among others. We got the critical pairing already.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Agreed. It's also why I think Bennett signed. He didn't hear about significantly more from another team, and come Tuesday, guys like Allen might come as cheap, or cheaper.

As for Allen, like MHGal said, we don't have a spot for him, unless we cut Clemons. Even then, how much are we going to save ?

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I think we try and pick up both Mcd's before going after an 'outsider' d-lineman.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
We have Benson Mayowa

Greg Scruggs

Bruce Irvin, if Malcolm Smith starts.

and Schofield could be resigned for peanuts, more of a run rather than rushing end.

All could form a younger and far cheaper rotation than Clemons or Allen could with Micheal Bennett.

Time to see what we have in those young options, cause next year it will be Avril testing FA.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
We redshirted everyone and moved Irvin to SLB because we had Clemons, Bennett, Avril, and Red. Why keep redshirting our depth throughout their rookie contracts?

Irvin is pretty much a young Avril, top end speed, shoddy reputation against the run. Irvin didn't have pass disrupting DT's in his rookie year.

Why pay Avril, provided Mayowa or Irvin start to show promise?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I rather have Allen and McDonald than just Clem, but I really want us to restructure Clem and keep him around, i think he could put up good number for 2 maybe 3 years but it would have to be much much cheaper.