Possible Acquisition For Hawks During Free Agency...

danp1990

Reaction score
Hello fellow 12's! .Well here's A Possible but yet high Scenario that could play out for Us in FA period starting Today 3-11-2014. Ask yourselves what our biggest glaring hole in the 2013 season was without the excuse of injury being the added factor. IMHO it was our O-Line! specifically our RG and RT area. But there might be good news yet fellow 12's!!! :D in the name of ''Jared Veldheer'' he played LT for the Raiders the last 3 seasons , although some consider him to be better suited at the Guard Position.Cable could Definitely switch him over to RT or RG if need be. But here's the kicker... He was drafted by the Raiders while Our O-Line Coach ''Tom Cable'' was their HC .So i could definitely see a Reunion Between him and Free Agent LT Jared Veldheer, this Man Averaged a annual salary of $713k including bonus in 2012 to $1.55Million in 2013 season. ofcourse he will seek more but we have enough in cap to pull this off and we have a very RICH :D ! owner to help with a good & attractive Signing Bonus! possible reasons why i think we get him is, it seems JS & PC always try and treat their Assistant Coaches to former players from former teams. Examples- OC Derrell Bevell with WR-Sidney Rice,WR Percy Harvin,& QB Tarvaris Jackson. O-Line Coach Tom Cable with T/G Robert Gallery,& TE Zach Miller both out of Oakland. This Guy is a Hell-of-a Player! it just seems to get lost into obscurity because of the team he was in :? .Well enough Said this is just My opinion and perspective on the manner, Comment below please & let me know your thought! :D Haha look at the HULK!!!! LOL

Attachments

• 8c513_ORIG-denis_11.jpg
    8c513_ORIG-denis_11.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,905
OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
The man Physical bio is Weight: 322 lbs (146 kg) ,Height: 6' 8"!!!! (2.03 m) the man in a Beast! i wouldn't mind Marshawn getting help from this guy. :)

Attachments

• bwKK4dt.jpg
    bwKK4dt.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,891

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
jared-veldheer-raiders.jpg

Exittium

Reaction score
danp1990":300wl323 said:
Hello fellow 12's! .Well here's A Possible but yet high Scenario that could play out for Us in FA period starting Today 3-11-2014. Ask yourselves what our biggest glaring hole in the 2013 season was without the excuse of injury being the added factor. IMHO it was our O-Line! specifically our RG and RT area. But there might be good news yet fellow 12's!!! :D in the name of ''Jared Veldheer'' he played LT for the Raiders the last 3 seasons , although some consider him to be better suited at the Guard Position.Cable could Definitely switch him over to RT or RG if need be. But here's the kicker... He was drafted by the Raiders while Our O-Line Coach ''Tom Cable'' was their HC .So i could definitely see a Reunion Between him and Free Agent LT Jared Veldheer, this Man Averaged a annual salary of $713k including bonus in 2012 to $1.55Million in 2013 season. ofcourse he will seek more but we have enough in cap to pull this off and we have a very RICH :D ! owner to help with a good & attractive Signing Bonus! possible reasons why i think we get him is, it seems JS & PC always try and treat their Assistant Coaches to former players from former teams. Examples- OC Derrell Bevell with WR-Sidney Rice,WR Percy Harvin,& QB Tarvaris Jackson. O-Line Coach Tom Cable with T/G Robert Gallery,& TE Zach Miller both out of Oakland. This Guy is a Hell-of-a Player! it just seems to get lost into obscurity because of the team he was in :? .Well enough Said this is just My opinion and perspective on the manner, Comment below please & let me know your thought! :D Haha look at the HULK!!!! LOL

Yeah paint him green and he would look like lou ferrigno as the Hulk... lol jeezus he's huge

kearly

Reaction score
Not sure if intentional, but Veldheer looks like he's about to run through a... wall.

Anyway, dude's pretty good and also versatile. Very likely to be out of our price-range but it would be cool to be wrong.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
Kearly !!!:) good to get the same thoughts as me! I really think we can steal him away from the Cardinals grasp! Like what DE Mike Bennett said " I WANT TO WIN,& EVEN THO IF I WAS OFFERED A 5YR - 90MILLION DOLLAR DEAL THAT CAN LATER BE VOIDED" ITS ALL OBOUT THE SIGNING BONUS A.K.A the guaranteed money and the chance to win more superbowls. I think this just like any other player , wants to play for a great team and get paid well as well. Even if we give him an Average salary pro-rated contract, the signing bonus is where its at! And it helps immensely to if you have one of if not the richest owner in the league to give a hefty signing bonus if need be.:) my gut feeling is we will get him, I hope we do! If we do we only would need to worry about RG position through the Draft.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
Sorry about that dont misinterpret that phrase that he DE MICHAEL BENNETT got offered a 5yr 90million contract. I was just saying it as the example that,..THAT contract is less important to that player because it NOT GUARANTEED!:( They want the signing bonus because no matter what happens, that money is guaranteed! That what the rappers call"THE MONEY IN THE BANK" Lol . On the Seahawks Website to where Michael Bennett press conference he says it at time 1:18 into the Video as to why it also plaid a big role into him re-signing with Us.that 16 million just to sign with us is almost 4x's what his base contract was last year with us.that 16mill is his to keep now with no strings attached :)!

Atradees

Reaction score
Holy crow! Your telling me a guy that huge is agile too?

Do they have 6'8" guards? Funny, I was just thinking what kind of homerun if any we may make in free agency.

To me, there is no greater need than Oline at least-it would be good to get a proven commodity instead of draft risk.

A lineman takes time to develope.

bigcc

Reaction score
he's going to get a huge contract, he's not exactly under-the-radar.... wouldn't get my hopes up.....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I would put the odds of a Veldheer signing at about 0.00 percent.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Can he play center?...... just kidding... The Cards think Carson Palmer can talk his buddy into taking a little less to play with him on a "winning "team.

theascension

Reaction score
Too tall. I thought we were tailoring our O-line to be a tad shorter than average for RW's sake.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
theascension":3tuwua24 said:
Too tall. I thought we were tailoring our O-line to be a tad shorter than average for RW's sake.

You thought wrong.

All of our starting linemen are 6'5" except Giacomini, who is 6'7".

As for Veldheer, I'd be happy to have him, but there's no way. He's going to cost far, far too much. Some team is going to break the bank for him and give him franchise LT money (likely the Raiders, who want to keep him and have ALL the cap space). And danp, it doesn't matter how rich our owner is. Those bonuses play into our cap situation, too.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Friend of mine is a Raiders fan and has long been resigned to losing Veldheer. He also reckons Veldheer would be a great acquisition for us. Sadly, as already stated, we don't have enough cap room for the amount he'll be able to command.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Never say never.

Just think back to last year when it appeared that both Michael Bennett AND Cliff Avril would be out of the Seahawks price range. Instead, both ended up taking shorter, "prove it" type contracts to sign with the Seahawks when it seemed that at most the Seahawks would only be able to afford one, if that.

If the market isn't as great for Veldheer as he and his agent had hoped, or if it's just the Raiders and Cardinals (who are a very good team in their own right, but not Seattle) offering him big money and Seattle offering him the prove it-type, one year deal with the best shot in the league at a ring (damn that feels good to type without knowing that I'm being a homer)... who knows? Maybe he ends up pulling a Bennett and signing for cheaper/shorter with Seattle to get another shot at free agency next season?

That's probably not the likely scenario that's going to play out. The Cards will probably swoop right in and sign him up to further improve their ballclub, just saying that a lot of crazy ish happens during the free agency period, so never completely rule out the possibilities.

acer1240

Reaction score
volsunghawk":pajd3xqx said:
And danp, it doesn't matter how rich our owner is. Those bonuses play into our cap situation, too.

Other owners are concerned about large cash outlays in the form of bonuses. Ours is not. I heard in an interview (cannot remember which one) that that is one of the reasons JS/PC love working for Allen. They are given not only the entire cap, but as much up front cash as they need.

McGruff

Reaction score
This thread is bordering on indulging a certifiable stalker. I'm concerned.