owen Daniels

chrispy

Reaction score
Will his being cut by Houtson put pressure on Zach Miller to restructure. I'd think Finely, Daniels would help Schneider's negotiations. Hopefully we don't wait and see what their contracts look like before we restructure Zach Miller.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Both have had some serious injuries problems. I wouldn't mind bringing one in for a kick the tires type deal but Miller just provides so much more stability.

OP
OP
chrispy

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe Scott Chandler too if Buffalo doesn't get him signed.

I don't see either of them (Finley or Daniel) as a true replacement for Miller. But the fact that they've been dumped by their teams and are (I think) about the same age or younger than Miller might make a case for restructuring. I think Miller has earned his money. Nothing against him at all. But if even 1 mil can be applied somewhere else it could mean the difference in keeping one or both of the McDs.

mikeak

Reaction score
McCoy and Willson on the roster I think Zach needs to be cut from the financial perspective alone

If Owens wants to come in and try to win it all then and signs for under $3 million then we are looking at $2million saving on that move alone. Money that would keep Hauscka with the team

Dtowers

Reaction score
Problem is I don't quite trust Willson to take over Miller's spot and McCoy I don't think has enough upside. I would be more comfortable cutting Miller if Willson shows through camp and preseason that he is capable of taking enough responsibility on to make Miller expendable. Problem is Hawks don't have that luxury.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I would like to see the 'Hawks bring Daniels in for a looksie. He's a decent all-around tight end. Definitely a possible replacement for Miller if he gets cut.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":nbv015fn said:
I would like to see the 'Hawks bring Daniels in for a looksie. He's a decent all-around tight end. Definitely a possible replacement for Miller if he gets cut.

Me too.. very similar skillset, guy was pretty active in Houston.

Dtowers

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":19s14c2j said:
HAWKAMANIA":19s14c2j said:

Me too.. very similar skillset, guy was pretty active in Houston.

Actually he was usually inactive due to injury. Only finished a full 16 game season twice.